An Afternoon with the Hijabbed

Check out this video, it’s funny:

Click this link to view the full size video

I think the video was filmed in Indonesia or Malaysia. Its basically is an interview with different type of Hijabi sisters. When I say different: I mean really really different Hijabis all across the board. Hahahaha!

• 26 Responses for "An Afternoon with the Hijabbed"

1. nouha December 18th, 2005 at 1:46 pm

hahaha thats funny …. the girl smoking made me laff

2. India December 18th, 2005 at 3:03 pm

Assalmu Alyakum
      I LOVED the video. Totally displayed a variety of us Hijabi wearing Muslimah’s out there. It was truly knowledgeable, entertaining, & humorous.

Thanks for sharing & the site is great.
      Had to bookmark it ……… I’ll be back for more updates …….. All day, Everyday Insha’ Allah.

~ India~

3. Haroon N December 18th, 2005 at 3:45 pm

LOL amir, where do u find this stuff?

good video

4. lamoni December 18th, 2005 at 6:41 pm

ahhaaha. the girl who was the fashion diva…priceless.

5. Haroon N December 18th, 2005 at 7:38 pm

yo that was a hot ending, ‘which ayat states the obligation ….. it goes like this:’

hoooot

6. sabiqoon December 18th, 2005 at 9:11 pm

wow, I really love this video
      the best ever. All the muslim sisters were cool.
      But the one who got the most attention was the punk girl/total real gangster hijaabi sister.

The two best ones were the sister with white cap and blue hijaab, she seemed very normal, modest, educated,
      and the niqaabi sister.
      I am aspiring to be like both, in shaa Allaah
      but the one with the white scarf who wants to take off her hijab to go clubbing is so lame
      and the fashion girl is so funny and the gangsta smoker(by the way smoking is haraam/makrouh) is scary. Like she is possessed or something.

7. h. ahmed December 18th, 2005 at 11:32 pm

haha, where DO you find this stuff?

I thought the video was great. Showing all different sides of the spectrum on hijabis.

“I am a Muslim Woman and Im not afraid to show it”
      I liked that quote alot :).

8. Anonymous December 19th, 2005 at 4:02 am

hmm, im a bit suprised at these comments. yeh, respect to the sisters for speaking out , we are all individuals, but some of it just goes to show that unfortunatley, some sisters have taken a too liberal view of the hijab,or do not completely understand the ruling/wisdom or the purpose of the hijab- for one sister it wsnt even covering her awrah!
      it was funny though, esp the ending, when they go silent when asked what verse states the obligation…and then the niqabi sis tells it like i t is!

9. Anonymous December 19th, 2005 at 10:53 am

well, I think they were also showing different schools of thought,
      oh boy I dotn wanna get in trouble for this
      but here it goes:

you had your ordinary muslim who is the student who wants to go clubbing or is intrigued by it.
      You had your modern muslim who wants to wear the tudung because it is “In.”

You had your ‘extremist’ ‘harsh’ perhaps jihadi sister, reminding you of ALM or HT cause she smokes and is very scary demeanor with no akhlaq.
      THen you had your spiritual sister, who instilled kindness and lvoe of islam.
      THen you had your niqabi sister who was kind also but you couldnt tell much and she was saying straight up stuff from qur’an and sunnah but no contradictiory behavior or bad akhlaq(aka true salafe, lol!) .

10. Sania December 19th, 2005 at 12:03 pm

assalamu alaykum wrwb haha wow thats really funny and yet soo true..the smoker was funny but the fashion was just plain stupid n its sad enuf that there are hijabis out there like that….thnx for the good laff lol wa alaykumussalam

11. Mujahideen Ryder December 19th, 2005 at 12:27 pm

that was a good summary, hahaha

12. Anonymous December 19th, 2005 at 3:23 pm

Salaam, the video is…interesting. I’ve havent really seen all those extremes, alhamdulilah (and I hope its just a joke, because it defeats the purpose of a hijab). But, then again knowing all these extremes makes one more aware of their own commitment…which I guess would be the whole point of the video….in which case the video serves a great purpose. I dont know if that made any sense? walaykumsalaam, komal.

13. Arabs December 19th, 2005 at 8:34 pm

salam alikum..
      ok, this was from http://www.youtube.com, its not even real you guys, its a play that a bunch of girls did for their skool…

14. Anonymous December 19th, 2005 at 8:42 pm

prettiest girl there was the smoker, lol!
      and the funniest thing she said it like some crime lord or something with cigarrete in one hand, ” it was that time that I felt the INSTANT need to cover myself” pointing her cigarette and all. Even if it is a school project, I loved it! it is the best! motivating me to go to Malaysia

15. Sharifa December 20th, 2005 at 6:07 am

Oh god that was halarious, hahahah the one sista that was smokin tottaly suprised me…hahaha. But what can I say ……

16. Specator December 20th, 2005 at 6:10 am

Yo that one hijaabi with the ciggerates reminded me of my sister, lmao that was a nice video brother

17. anonomyous December 20th, 2005 at 8:03 pm

The fashionable girl was wicked and funny. It was great stuff over all, every eye opening for many of us. btw, which was the Ayah of the Qurah that actually state we have observe hijab?

18. Sabiqoon December 20th, 2005 at 10:42 pm

two places, surat an Noor and surat Al Ahzab

19. ayesha aka shanelle December 22nd, 2005 at 10:16 am

reli good video lol da gyal wid all her hair out was a joka!!

20. Anonymous December 26th, 2005 at 10:31 am

Salams

tht wass hallariousss….well dun

21. cricketgal December 26th, 2005 at 12:07 pm

hahaha…the smoker…lol….and the *im so kool i wear hijab coz i dont wana be left outa fashion*…wat jokerssssssssssss…..im embarased for them, but they crack meh up!!

22. Liam Saiful Di'n January 3rd, 2006 at 10:10 am

I love the one that said “it’s something I chose to accept from my religion” like you have a choice to pick and choose what you want from Islam.

23. Anonymous January 30th, 2006 at 11:52 am

omg…that was too funni man…then again it totally relates to today society…im a sister…and trust wen i say…ive seen worse ma brotha…it may be funni but its somthin we gotta work on as muslims
      -edmonton-

24. Balqis June 8th, 2006 at 11:43 am

Salam.
      I might be too late to comment on this post though, but just wanna stated out that this video was made by Malaysia Multimedia University (MMU), and yes it is in Malaysia (cuz u’re not quiet sure btwn Indonesia/Malaysia). Some of my exschoolmates studying there now. Well, they did a good works there by making Islamic videos. (cuz they come from religious school, so i guess it is part of da’wah). And one more thing, if u watch the video, u would see a lotta style of hijab they’re wearing. Yeah, that’s how it is in Malaysia, depends.. (the best is the one wearing niqab and the one with the blue hijabbed, yes-like u already watched in the video). Pity i read this post rather late, haha…. i should’ve known… =>
      salam

25. mujahideenryder June 8th, 2006 at 9:59 pm

Balqis on June 8, 2006 at 11:43 am said:

Salam.
      salam

it not just in malaysia, those hijab styles are here in america too.

26. Balqis June 9th, 2006 at 1:59 am

mujahideenryder on June 8, 2006 at 9:59 pm said:

it not just in malaysia, those hijab styles are here in america too.

hehe, so i see.. =>