Lupe Fiasco – Muhammad Walks

• Filed under: Hip Hop, Islam
  • Date: Jan 13,2006 | 10:45 AM

Chicago Muslim Rapper, Lupe Fiasco (Record Label’s Site), takes Kanye West’s Jesus Walks beat and makes his own lyrics entiteld ‘Muhammad Walks’. He’s so good that Kanye West featured him on his ‘Late Registration’ album on the track ‘Touch the Sky’.

Yes, Lupe Fiasco is a Muslim from Chicago. This proves that Kanye West has Muslim influence from my last past entiteld Kanye West: Muslim?.

Lupe Fiasco’s real name is Wasalu Muhammad Jaco. On his website’s biography page (the record label’s site) talking about his album, ‘Food and Liquor’, he says:

‘The title reflects on me being Muslim and being from the streets,’ says Lupe about FOOD & LIQUOR. ‘In Chicago, instead having bodegas like in New York, the majority of the corner stores are called ‘Food and Liquors.’ The store is where everything is at, whether it be the wine-o hanging by the store, or us as kids going back and forth to the store to buy something. The ‘Food’ is the good part and the ‘Liquors’ is the bad part. I try to balance out both parts of me.’

Finally here is the song:
Lupe Fiasco – Muhammad Walks [mp3]

• 34 Responses for "Lupe Fiasco – Muhammad Walks"

1. Muharam January 14th, 2006 at 11:42 am

Assalaamu allaykum, what up?

Yeah, Lupe is a mad rapper though man, heard about him being Muslim a while ago. Masha’Allah! Allah has showed him the way.

Check out his song “Tilted” on Food & Liquor, awesome track.

2. MuslimChiC February 12th, 2006 at 11:35 am

Wow. masallha .. you have a great gift. i love that song. may allha bless you and keep making song like that cuz is a joy to muh ears to hear rap like that. keep up the great work.. I love the song. its great!!!

3. Jose juarez February 13th, 2006 at 8:05 pm

shit lupe u hella tighhhhhhht mannnnnn

4. SomaliMan March 5th, 2006 at 6:12 pm

WOW i heard of lupe fiasco but i never knew he was this good. there should be more muslim rappers that are proud of their religion.

5. Anonymous March 19th, 2006 at 3:01 pm
    6. idris May 5th, 2006 at 11:56 am

this song is great its jus good wen people like lupe fiasco mke a wonderful song like this mashallah

7. Anonymous May 6th, 2006 at 9:40 am

Good Song fiasco. we need mo muslimz rapping bout stuff tht matta out there

8. Allah show me the way because the Devil is trying to break me down August 14th, 2006 at 5:12 pm

Marshallah thats what i call rapping not about all them drugs, drink, sex but about what u believe in the Lupe Fiasco is real thats what we muslims need someone to be reppin us!!! all i can say is great track that will always stay wid me marshalla god bless

9. Fatal SKillz September 4th, 2006 at 5:22 pm

Yo yous a Muslim, i got a idea for a track, and Mashalla

10. the waiting room » Blog Archive » Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor September 22nd, 2006 at 2:04 pm

[…] And because so many people hit my blog looking for Lupe’s “Muhammad Walks”, here’s a link to a site that actually has the track for download (you can also find it on one of Lupe’s mixtapes, offhand I can’t remember which one though). It’s weird that less than a year ago, I first heard about Lupe when some people on Okayplayer were saying Kanye bit the idea for his Diamonds remix (the “conscious” one) from Lupe’s reworking of the original and nobody knew who Lupe was and now he’s making magazine covers left and right. […]

11. lupe4lyf October 8th, 2006 at 6:45 pm

this is the sickest track ever!!!
      big up to lupe for tellin it like it is nd lettin ppl hear it from a muslim perspective nd not all this stupid shit they hear in the media! big up lupe man, fuckin tyte son.

12. bigg October 8th, 2006 at 10:43 pm

Hot dayem, that track touched the sky!

13. Fatal Skillz October 9th, 2006 at 3:12 pm

the remake of hte confllict diamond song is called Conflict Diamonds, its on his touch the sky mixtape, and its good, he ahs sum funny stuff to on that

14. ~Z~ October 17th, 2006 at 3:34 pm

MR,

A little late… I realise my trackback is there, but I just thought I’d let you know I linked to this page from my blog. Thanks for putting it out there.

Keep up the good work.

15. hasan November 15th, 2006 at 3:06 am

if ne1 knowz any other good songs abt islam, can you please post it up, i wud luv to hear more, thankz

16. CANDYMAN December 5th, 2006 at 9:49 am

HEY! HASAN IF YOU NEVER HAVE HEARD OF BLAK-STONE YOU MUST! BECAUSE THEY ARE THE MOST GREATEST MUSLIM RAPPERS ON THIS PLANET SO FAR THERE SONGS ARE SO GREAT AND THEY ARE THE ONLY MUSLIM RAPPERS THAT HAVE THE TALENT TO SING ABOUT LIFE CHECK IT OUT MA BROTHER
      BLAK-STONE.COM THE BADDEST TRACK IS
      CLOSE TO ME FT 2PAC AND ITS THE BEST

17. hasan December 5th, 2006 at 10:50 am

HEY CANDYMAN FANKZ 4 DA WEBSITE,IS DER ANY WAY YOU COULD SEND ME THIER SONGS, I’VE LISTENED TO THIER SONGS ON THIER WEBSITE, AND I WANT THEM, BUT I CANT FIND THEM ANYWHERE

18. dina December 6th, 2006 at 9:39 pm

woww,, iaint herdd stuff thiss goood 4everr mann i lovee thee songg truee stuff,,Lupee keep it cumminn ,, Mashallah!!!

19. zak aossey January 10th, 2007 at 3:05 pm

Man thats pretty cool. Ive been listening to your music lately and Its very influencing. To find out that your my muslim brother is amazing. I think its good for guys like you, q-tip and all other muslim rappers to tellin in pubilic about your faith. Well keep it up brother salam

20. Ayoub Saharawi January 29th, 2007 at 4:01 pm

Hamdo Lillah, cuz a lot of people last years became muslims, i knew that Lupe is muslim since he was birth my messange to Lupe “keep ur head up because ur MUSLIM”.and i hope that more people know the truth about Islam, and plz forgive us cuz we didn’t present Islam as must be.
      ALLAH WAHDINA…

21. 786 soldier March 21st, 2007 at 5:43 pm

mashallah a good one form lupe fiasco….candyman this band called blackstone have they got a song with 2pac

22. muslim luver March 22nd, 2007 at 7:45 pm

hey omg i so luv dis rap song and itz kool never heard somethin like dis but we really do need it people isnt dis gr8 at least ders somethin out der dat talks truth and spat out all dat shit dats goin on!!!!

23. Morrow March 31st, 2007 at 4:55 am

Assalamualaikum.
      Alhamdulillah, thank u for sharing this song. I love hip hop, I love Lupe. And most of all, I LOVE ALLAH, our prophet MUHAMMAD SAW and our belief ISLAM…

24. Morrow March 31st, 2007 at 4:58 am

Assalamualaikum.
      Alhamdulillah, thank u for sharing this song. I love hip hop, i love Lupe. And most of all, I LOVE ALLAH, our prophet Muhammad SAW and our belief ISLAM…

25. ibraaheem August 3rd, 2007 at 4:59 am

may Allaah save us from these signs of the endtimes and imitating disbelievers.As for my Brother Lupe, may Allaah guide him to His obedience and away from what brings His wrath,one of which is music.

26. youngz September 16th, 2007 at 2:58 pm

yo wassup yo lupe i luv dis song der r alot of muslim rappaz lik chamilionar,tpain,ice cub,rakim,akon nd lots more but none rep us none show the world wat we r dis da shit yall!

27. Zayd October 4th, 2007 at 4:27 pm

akon actually did mention islam in one a his songzz… chek out senegal…. itz pretti sik styll

28. southside jihad October 5th, 2007 at 6:32 am

as salaamu alaikum. i like lupe fiasco because he’s the real deal. i have yet to see one article on him that hasn’t said he is a devout muslim! he doesn’t drink, or smoke, and when he performs at a club he gets dropped off a his hotel while everybody else goes back. That’s while he says that “the groupie situation is a no go”. Subhan’Allah. he’s even sacrificed certain endorsements due to his faith. i read he didn’t do mcdonald’s because he didn’t want to endorse any pork products. they could have at least let him do filet-o-fish. plus, if his picture is in a magazine he can’t be next to any alcoholic advertisement. to have that kind of conviction in today’s entertainment business is rare.

29. WAEIL OMAR November 18th, 2007 at 8:27 pm

salamwalikum . i like wat ur doin my muslim brother.hang tight and keep makin songs bout islam.let the young people around the world understand that islam is not bad. from your muslim brother. Waeil Mahamoud Hassan Omar. London

30. Paris Hilton Sex Tape Video 2 - Paris Hilton Exposed *HOT* February 4th, 2008 at 1:49 pm

1 Night in Paris full tape download san…

Recently leaked footage of the new Paris Hilton sex tape…

31. Amina February 16th, 2008 at 1:36 pm

Asalamu Alaykum
      my name is amina and i am a fan of nshades (islamic music) i just want to say that we all like the fact that you have used the islamic religion in your song and the adhan (call to Prayer) i also want to say carry on singing these blessing songs and may Allah take you to Jannah (inshallah)

Asalamu Alaykum

32. Amina February 16th, 2008 at 1:48 pm

Hi again i just want to say HAPPY BITHDAY (may allah give you what you want)
      And also i just wanted to give you one idea i think you shold go to the GPU (it’s the get together as one ummah in LONDON) JUST A THOUGHT!

33. sumaiya hussain March 19th, 2008 at 9:14 pm

wow he is AWESOME. finally a muslim rapper not afraid 2 show it!

34. anisa sharif October 28th, 2008 at 9:13 pm

i think this song has a kickass beat and really speaks to people muslim or not it’s wonderful. i love kanye and i love lupe they are basically part of a group of rappers i like and mashallah that he is muslim and may god lead him on the right path and help him bring out more awesome songs