Islam: Hip-Hop’s Official Religion

• Filed under: Hip Hop, Islam
  • Date: May 16,2006 | 03:51 AM

UPDATES: Okay, I’m sorry my whole list is wrong, but every rapper listed is, was, and will be (InshaAllah) a Muslim. Many of them are 5 percenters and members of Nation of Islam, making them not under the category of Sunni Islam. I’m sorry to those people who I have confused, but this topic really facinates me. The effect Islam has on Hip-Hop is huge! Literally every rapper knows a Muslim and knows a little about Islam. Afterall, Imam Suhaib Webb first became interested with Islam through Hip-Hop music.
Ice Cube(in no particular order)
Freeway, Beanie Sigel, Lupe Fiasco, Nas, AZ, Mos Def, K Salaam, Swizz Beats*, Talib Kweli, Proof (inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon), Bizarre*, N.O.R.E. (Noreaga), Q-Tip, Ice Cube, The Roots, Public Enemy, KRS-One, A Tribe Called Quest, Ali Shaheed Muhammad, Common, Salam Wreck, Akon, Ali, DJ Khaled from the Terror Squad (haha), Havoc of Mobb Deep, Mister Cee, Styles P*, Al’ Tariq (former member of the Beatnuts), Eve, T-Pain, Akil and Zaakir of Jurassic 5, and Everlast (former member of House of Pain) all have something common. They are all Muslims. Regardless of their lifestyles, lyrics and actions they have accepted Allah as their creator and Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is His messenger. (*Rumor)

Lupe FiascoIslam is Hip-Hop’s official religion. Why? Whether rappers are Muslim or not, they’re lyrics are influenced by them. Afterall, rap was first developed as a tool to fight racism and to uplift the African-American community. Islam is the only religion in the world which unites all races. Christianity does not do it like Islam. Churches are very divided by race. You have black churches and white churches. In Islam it doesn’t matter whether you are black, white, brown, yellow or green, you can come into any masjid (mosque) and pray. Rap is heavily promoted and practiced by black people all across the United States. Black Muslims are the largest group of Muslims in America. Arab Muslims and Muslims from the Indian sub-continent don’t even come close to Black Muslims in numbers.

The Nation of Islam is a major factor as to why Black Muslims make up the majority of Muslims here in North America. Although, the Nation of Islam have totally different core beliefs from Islam, it opens the path for blacks to come to Islam. Like Imam Siraj Wahaj, who was formely a member of Nation of Islam, is now one of the most elite and top Imams in North America. The Nation of Islam should be given all credit in it’s relgious, spiritual and political influence over the hip-hop world. Louis Farrakhan had talk at the Hip Hop summit in 2001 challenging the hip-hop artists to improve the future of the youth that follow them by rapping about postive things in their lyrics to eliminate racism, stereotypes and bringing peace in urban communities and to their fans worldwide.

How do I know that all those listed above are Muslims? I (sadly) listen to most of their songs and heard their lyrics. Many of them praise Allah and declare their Muslim identity, while others say it in their biographies. Some are just word of mouth. Here are some proofs/quotes from some artists:

EveIslam is a beautiful religion. But right now, with my career and my life, I can’t live the Sunni Muslim way. I refuse to be a hypocrite and cover my head on Friday, go pray, and then the rest of the week I’m out cursing and drinking–and performing. So right now I’m just comfortable with God.
Eve, female rapper and member of Ruff Ryders, in an interview

Beanie SigelMy heart in the faith I don’t practice,
I still pray along, forgive me for my actions,
Cause I still spit gangsta, think Muslim, act Kafir,
I can’t go on this way.
Beanie Sigel from ‘I can’t go on this way’ (Album: B. Coming)

AkonSo what you know about how God comes first
And everything we do is for Allah.
Akon from the song ‘Sengal’

NasA lot of rules, some locked in solitude,
Curse the day of they birthy confused, who’s to be praised?
The mighty dollar, or almighty Allah.
Nas from the song ‘Ghetto Prisoners (Album: I Am…)

Q-TipTo the human beings with taste, sight, touch, smell and sound
Let’s deem it profound!
And prioritize this cause it was Allah’s wish
“Allah? I’m God.”
“No I don’t believe that. That’s a mystery.”
“If God is so good why does shit be happening to me?”
There’s divinity within because we come from the divine
A force that’s not seen but you feel it every time.
Q-Tip (with Common) from the song ‘The Remedy’ (Album: Get on the Bus soundtrack)

The RootsMight act up, but I still can pass dawah
I’m usin’ new ways to try to reach these better days
Instead of tryin’ to take you under I just make you wonder
I still fast, make salaat, and pay zakat
I didn’t make Hajj yet, but that’s my next project
Livin’ two lives, one of turn and one with true lies
Keeping up hope knowing He’s answering to my du’as.
– The Roots from the song ‘The Spark’ (Album: Things Fall Apart)

CommonQu’ran and the Bible, to me they all vital
And got truth within ’em, gotta read them boys
You just can’t skim ’em, different branches of belief
But one root that stem ’em, but people of the venom try to trim ’em
And use religion as an emblem
When it should be a natural way of life
Who am I or they to say to whom you pray ain’t right,
That’s who got you doin right and got you this far,
Whether you say “in Jesus name” or “Alhamdulillah”
-Common (feat. Cee-lo) from the song ‘G.O.D. (Gaining One’s Definition)’ (Album: One Day It’ll All Make Sense)

N.O.R.E. (Noreaga) God’s reppin’ with muslums keep Islam safe
What’s your fate yo?
What do you believe what do you know?
-Noreaga (N.O.R.E.) (with Capone) on the song ‘Live on Live Long’

Who cares? I do! The hip-hop culture is part of the pop culture nowadays. It is everywhere. In the cities, the suburbs and the farm lands. Young boys and girls from the Queensbridge projects all the way to the Hamptons of Long Island and everything in between promote, practice (most try really hard) and enjoy hip-hop. With an Islamic influence, they can have a dramatic effect on the future and public image of Islam. Another reason, many Muslim youth are now heavily influenced by rap artists and are loosing their Muslim identity. InshaAllah, this will open up some of their hearts and realize that they should be proud that they are Muslim and try to be a better Muslim and still enjoy some ‘not-so-haram’ rap.

Side Note #1: All the listed rappers above are mainstream rappears, meaning there songs are played on the top radio stations, their music videos are shown on TV (MTV, BET, VH1, Much Music, etc). There are over 100 underground Muslim rappers. This post is about the popular Muslim rappers in the hip-hop world.

Side Note #2: Rakim, Eric B., Busta Rhymes, Brand Nubian and Wu-Tang Clan (members include RZA, GZA, Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, and Method Man) are 5 Percenters, an off-shoot group from the Nation of Islam. I don’t believe they are considered Muslims, so may Allah guide them to true Islam, inshaAllah.

• 298 Responses for "Islam: Hip-Hop’s Official Religion"

1. Aaisha August 23rd, 2009 at 2:39 am

I missed this Comment Why do muslim want to covert every one,Lol that stupid Maybe have every wondered they saw the truth of Islam. So A Christian how come you go to African Countries to barter your relgion with some food and a bible? How you try sale it more than Prove it? Aeeh? been there done that No time for Falsehood and Lies Islam is Pur and Perfect you will never I never Change a Muslims Mind he /S are strong in the Deen they have no need for you. Islam is the Haqq(Truth) Give up already. Islam is Here to stay and growing ALhamdoulilah. So continue to barter your Religion. There is nothing you can do!! From a Muslim to Christian leave it be Thank you!!

2. kenya gray September 27th, 2009 at 2:38 pm

MY BRO’S AND SIS. I pray that u will oneday open your eyes to the truth. Jesus is our lord and savior. When this world comes to an end every knee will bow and all will be judged by him. This time is near and u all need JESUS!! PLEASE read his word…THE HOLY BIBLE

3. umeezee September 27th, 2009 at 11:33 pm

lol I love Jesus sooooo MUCH and i HATE PAUL who lied on JESUS(as).

ANY CHRISTIAN who can provide the quote of JESUS claiming to be GOD OR the ONLY son of GOD can have $100.00….

please provide the quote and tell us where we can review it and we will gladly give you the money.

offer good for 30 days so OCT 26 will be the last day.

4. Prophetik Soul September 30th, 2009 at 11:20 am

umeezee,

I can answer your question about Jesus but before that, show me in the Quran where Muhammad himself says he is illiterate.

5. umeezee September 30th, 2009 at 1:03 pm

shall we play this game….Surah 7 ayat 157 surah al a RAF….
      I am not sure if you speak arabic or not but you will be able to find a TRANSLATION of the meaning from what i provided if you don’t understand arabic. Being that Prophet Muhammad was the first to RECITE the quran to others,,,, this was what came out of his MOUTH.

Now i answered you within minutes after reading your reply AND i went first although I asked my question….so let me repeat it again.

SHOW me where JESUS himself claims to be GOD or ask others to worship him (jesus)… I imagine is should sound something like this..”I am Jesus, your lord and creator who commands you to worship me” if you have something from JESUS ( from his lips) please tell us WHAT bible you got it from and where we can review it and i will quickly send you the money i promised. I don’t wan’t to know what paul said or what luke or john said he said, i want the quote to come FROM the mouth of JESUS…i really hope that is clear..

6. Prophetik Soul September 30th, 2009 at 1:30 pm

Did God say Surah 7.157 or did Muhammad?

7. umeezee September 30th, 2009 at 3:01 pm

you are going off topic….let us remember that I asked my question FIRST and now you wish to change the topic..

I have answered your question with 2 proofs but you have NOT given me anything….BuT to answer your question….the quran is a REVELATION from GOD which prophet Muhammad repeated and RECITED to the people so either way he said the words you read in the 2 ayat i listed. But if you want a better understanding of what OTHERS knew on this issue you could go to HADITH which will show that OTHERS had to write things for him or read things to him SOOOO either way the point is clear to everyone who reads this reply.

Now that i have been so upfront as to provide you with 3 places to get this info…can you kindly give me what i asked of you? I think it’s only fair because i gave you an answer weather you accept it or not but you have NOT provided me with ANYTHING and i was the first to make the request brother….so be fair and you next reply shoul only be an answer if you have one ok? we can debate further AFTER you bring your proofs how about that? that seems fair enough to me.

8. Prophetik Soul September 30th, 2009 at 3:10 pm

umeezee,
      Thanks for answering my question. How you imagine it should sound is not really fair because then you are playing God. I can imagine plenty of things the Quaran should say to make me believe it is the Word of God. I must take it as it is and ask questions. When Jesus is not explicit, there is a reason and you must read the whole Gospel to understand why.

Where does Jesus claim to be God?

1.Jesus calls himself the ‘I am’ to the Pharisees in John 8:52-59. God calls himself the ‘I am in Exodus 3:14 when talking to Moses. It is clear in this passage that they want to stone Jesus for commiting what they would call blasphemy based on Leviticus 24:16a:

“Anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD must be put to death.”

2. Jesus calls himself the Son of Man throughout the book of Mark which is a title used for the Messiah found in Daniel 7:13-15. In this passage, it says he will be worshipped.

Along with this, Jesus claimed to forgive sins and that authority in heaven and earth was given to him. These are things that only God alone possess or can do.

Even the Jewish religious leaders of his day knew he was making extraordinary claims which is why, in several cases, they planned to kill him and eventually led to his crucifixion.

So when are you going to send my $$$? :)

9. umeezee September 30th, 2009 at 3:42 pm

Nice try but no cigar yet my friend…
      jesus ALSO says NO man has seen GOD so from this we CLEARLY understand that anyone who saw JESUS could NEVER have been looking at GOD.. put that with the fact that YOU said you had an answer but never produced a quote from jesus says to me that even the best bible readers must admit that JESUS never claimed to be GOD ANYWHERE in the book. “son of MAN and the i am are NOT the same as JESUS telling people he is GOD or telling them to worship him.

Jesus said i can do NOTHING of MYSELF and he also said or asked WHY call me good? none is good but the FATHER… hear yo o ISRAEL the lord OUR GOD he said OUR god is one

so nice try but if you want the cash i promise then you have to give a CLEAR and direct quote from jesus NOT the words of others reporting what he said…ya feel me?

go to church and ask the pastor for the correct quote then come back.

10. Prophetik Soul September 30th, 2009 at 4:14 pm

You said:

My response:
      You asked me to provide a scripture where Jesus claims to be God. There are many names for God and you should know this also about Allah. I provided two scriptures and explained. All you just did above was skate around what I said based on other things Jesus said. You did not even ADDRESS the scriptures I gave you. If you want to have a real debate:

1. Read the scriptures yourself.
      2. Give a proper Biblical interpretation of those Scriptures (since you are claiming I am wrong)
      3. Give proper Biblical definitions of Son of Man and the ‘I Am’
      4 Give a proper explanation for why others thought he was God in multiple situations according to the Scriptures.
      5. Explain how Jesus could forgive sins.

You said:

My response:
      Basing your argument on what Jesus did not say according to your stipulations and ignoring the evidence that is presented wouldn’t even get you a hearing in any kind of scholarly debate. Why? Because your terms reveals your presuppositions. It is obvious you are not willing to follow the evidence where it leads. If you care about the evidence, then respond to the actual scriptures with proper Biblical exegesis instead of your opinion and show me what does these scriptures and titles mean.

If you are not interested and doing the 5 points above, use your money to buy a Hebrew-Greek Bible and Commentary because I dont think you even read the scriptures I gave. Just hide it from your Imam…ya feel me?

11. umeezee September 30th, 2009 at 5:24 pm

the fact of the matter is that Jesus is NOT GOD nor did he EVER make the claim you put on him. THAT is why you could not bring anything that crap you provided. I asked you for a quote….you know something simple and straight forward like ” my name is JESUS and I am GOD…you gave me * JESUS said to such and such I am the I am…* when you say jesus said TO it means someone REPORTED that jesus said that and that is NOT a QUOTE…In my BIBLE the words of JESUS are in RED perhaps you might check there for starters so you can tell me what JESUS DID say. I don’t care what PAUL said or what LUKE or MARK said…I ONLY want to hear what JESUS said. SOUNDS SIMPLE TO ME…Muhammad said he was a prophet and messenger SENT by GOD…ALLAH(SWT) said HE IS the creator and the quraan has 99 attributes to further describe ALLAH and in both cases it is CLEAR who is who. JESUS said “no man has seen GOD” if you agree with this statement from jesus then you already know that your picture of that white dude with blue eyes is not god. Jesus also said that he can’t do anything on his own and the proof of that is that YOU claim some humans KILLED him after HE JESUS cried out for HELP ” MY god WHY have you forsaken me”? AND jesus prayed ” o lord pass this cup from me” who did jesus pray to????? himself? and HOW can GOD die? not to mention be killed by his own creation MEN. or how could GOD NOT have knowledge of all things? YoU will run into problem after problem but if you wish to show your hand then be my guest.. you have two books the OLD and the NEW testament and you can’t find little statement from the lips of jesus that can make this clear for his followers? GEEZ! this jesus you claim to be god is a MYSTERY MAN it seems…The JESUS in the quraan was a prophet just like NOAH, MOSES, LOT, muhammad and many others and NONE of them claimed to be GOD and for sure JESUS didn’t claim this either.. PAUL the lier and the trinity concept of the council of NICEA in 325 ad made up this lie.

Jesus is a PROPHET and a MESSENGER SENT by GOD…..and his message was monotheism just like the rest . Jesus even told you he was SENT….seems like he says somethings VERY clear and other things he never got around to making (simple plain and clear)

there is only one creator 1 god not 3
      no father son holy spirit stuff here my friend.

GOD is NOT a HUMAN ya feel me?
      ya heard?
      holla!

12. prophetik soul September 30th, 2009 at 5:43 pm

I guess that is your long winded way of telling me you can’t handle the 5 points.

I wish you would said that instead of frontin.

When you are ready to really deal with what I said, email me. Otherwise, get your weight up by studying the actual Bible. You are in the minor leagues with your strawman arguments. I hope you don’t get in trouble when you buy the bible and commentary.

13. umeezee September 30th, 2009 at 11:58 pm

insults are a sure sign that your opponent has LOST lol.
      DUDE don’t get upset, I said you could wait till sunday after church because i see you need help lol. all i asked you to do was provide us with a quote that Jesus made where he says that he is GOD OR where he TOLD someone to worship him. DID you do that? NO you came with some weak stuff like so and so said JESUS HAD told him DAT he was the I am……come on BABY! come correct, you did understand what i asked for right LOL cause what you gave as your proof was anything BUT what i asked for. It’s ok i knew JESUS never made those comments to start with but you rushed in here all bold saying I got the proof but SORRY….i give you an a for effort ..nice try.

the thing is NO matter what your lil bible says, IT IS ONLY a translation of something so it could never be the word of GOD or JESUS..you feel me? CAUSE jesus didn’t speak NO english LOL

You don’t have the Original words of JESUS so really you have no idea what he said or didn’t say…ya feel me dog?

Holla at CHA boy
      PEACE!

14. Prophetik Soul October 1st, 2009 at 8:02 am

I will say to you what you said to me. Stay on topic! LOL

Dont worry, Im not upset with you. I just thought you wanted to have a real discussion. Seems like you just want to dance! LOL

1. You did not give an adequate Biblical interpretation of why the scriptures and terms I provided are false. You just simply said they were. LOL

2. Then you danced around the issues citing other things Jesus said and avoided #1 again.

3. Then you danced around the block by citing issues of corruption, translations and avoided #1…again! I am starting to get dizzy! LOL

Now, all of a sudden, you want to go off topic on other issues. Smells like desperation!

You should talk to Muslims who actually know something about the Biblical interpretation.

Let me help you out a little:

“I tell you the truth,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.
      John 8:58-59

Tell me umeezee, what does this scripture mean? Why did Jesus say it? Who was he talking to?

Whether you believe Jesus said it is not the issue right now. You asked for a quote where he claims to be God presupposing you were open to the possibility. Apparently, if you are not, then it is dishonest to ask the question.

I suspect that you will dance around the issue…again!

ONELUV

15. h October 1st, 2009 at 8:35 am

I’m actually not in the discussion, but just want to pop up and say:

With regard to the verse you quoted… I dont know about ‘I am’, but the fact that Jesus ‘hid himself’ should show you something !

+ Jesus is mentioned in bible as son of man 85 times whereas son of god only less than 20 times…

+ Melchisedec (in hebrews) is known to be ‘Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God…’
      Whats up with this?

16. umeezee October 1st, 2009 at 12:14 pm

John 8:54-56 Jesus answered, “If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing; it is my Father who glorifies Me, of whom you say, ‘He is our God’; 55 and you have not come to know Him, but I know Him; and if I say that I do not know Him, I shall be a liar like you, but I do know Him, and keep His word. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day, and he saw it and was glad.”

A. John 8:54 is yet ANOTHER proof Jesus is not God, nor is he claiming to be deity, because he clearly states, “…it is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you {Jews} say, ‘He is our God.’ Jesus says it very plainly, “MY Father…” is the One you Jews say, “He is OUR God.” No mistake about it.

B. Jesus in effect tells the Jews, “I know God and you don’t know Him.” For proof he uses the Jews’ own words against them, saying of Abraham, “Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day, and he saw it and was glad.” Now Abraham was not alive to see Jesus’ day was he? Abraham lived over 400 years BEFORE Moses was born! In the Greek text of John 8:56 the word “it” is omitted; Bible translators have erroneously inserted it (no pun intended).

C. What Jesus is saying is that Abraham rejoiced at the day the Messiah would come, and he “SAW” by FAITH, not literally in the flesh. Now as you read John 8:57, notice that the Jews MISINTERPRET what Jesus said about Abraham rejoicing to see (by faith) his (Jesus) day.

John 8:57 The Jews therefore said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?”

· Did Jesus claim to have actually SEEN Abraham physically with his two eyes? No! Jesus said nothing of the sort; all Jesus said was that Abraham rejoiced to see the day the Messiah would arrive. This is a VERY important point to understand verse 58 and what Jesus says next.

John 8:58-59 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.” 59 Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself, and went out of the temple. NAS

· Why are they trying to stone Jesus? We know it was not because Jesus claimed to have seen Abraham. The answer is found to a great extent in the Greek; the words translated, “was born,” are better translated, “existence” (i.e. – meaning to exist). Also, the word translated as, “before,” is the Greek word, “prín,” from a root word “pros” meaning “superior; first in rank or title.”

Therefore, John 8:58 is more accurately translated as, “Truly, truly I say to you, I exist as superior in rank to Abraham’s existence.” The UBS Greek text reads, “prín Abraám genésthai egoó eimí” In other words, Jesus is telling these Jews that his rank in the kingdom of God is greater than that of their father Abraham. Once he said this, the Jews took up stones to stone him to death.

I don’t know what other proof i can give you my good friend.. ALSO the reason i never went to this point is BECAUSE all of this is what JOHN reported JESUS said and i told you i did not want or care what JOHN or the others CLAIMED jesus said because we both know JOHN never met jesus and he is only reporting what people told his was said so i reject it for that reason. ALSO i told you that in all the bibles i have seen….the words of JESUS can usually be found written in RED…i told you to find a DIRECT quote from the lips of JESUS but you gave me the words of JOHN…i might be possible you didn’t understand what i was asking you for…..so in short….the CHALLENGE is still open if you care to find the actual words of JESUS.

17. umeezee October 1st, 2009 at 12:54 pm

Where does Jesus claim to be God?

these two things are not the same by the way….

jesus says according to the words of JOHN before abraham {was born} i am….. meaning either in rank as mentioned earlier OR as explained in quraan God decreed EVERYTHING 50 thousand years before he even created the earth…with this understanding you can easily see how jesus could make such a statement. it would mean before the birth of abraham and others the decree of GOD had been set or written..in short GOD knew who would be born and WHEN they would die and what type life and position they would hold in this life…i don’t want to go too deep into this because it is a big topic and too much for email better to discuss in person or on the phone or something. but anyway the last thing i wanted to clear up was ahh forget it

in exodus where Moses is speaking and asking…GOD gives the reply I am the i am. The real problem is that the bible is translated and no two are the same so each time you read it thinking it’s the word of GOD you understand it according to who it has been translated. some words are added to clarify things and some words are taken away. this could never be the words of GOD because again it’s a translation of SOMETHING..

you don’t have this issue with the quraan because the quraan is STILL in the original ARABIC and each ramadan muslims all over the world recite the same exact words….yes we have translations of the quraan in english but we also have the original script and this is a FACT

18. Prophetik Soul October 1st, 2009 at 3:15 pm

FINALLY! ::::::::clapping hands::::::::::::::::::::::

Look for my response.

19. Prophetik Soul October 2nd, 2009 at 8:36 am

Thank you for a response.

But before I respond, you wrote something that is confusing me.

In your last statement you said ‘The real problem is that the bible is translated…’

Let me tell you what this says to me based on your writings:

Now you posed a question earlier (about Jesus’ deity) that I have been attempting to answer. You recently gave your Biblical interpretation of John 8: 52-59 (but did not respond to the Son of Man comment) and then you talked about Bible translation as the real issue.

#1. If bible translation is the real issue for you, why did you even ask for evidence of Jesus’ deity in the Bible if you dont even believe what is written is reliable?

#2. Why would you cite other things Jesus says in the Bible as evidence to support your point if you believe the Bible is not reliable?

To me, that looks like you want to have it both ways: It’s corrrupt where I disagree but its okay where I agree.That is contradictory and that means my response is a waste of time.

The Bible either is the Word of God or it isnt. Either it is reliable or it is not. Choose your poision and argue your point.

I wouldn’t say that the Quran is corrupt and then hopscotch around it choosing verses that I like or dont like to support my POV. The Quran should stand as the Word of God according to its claims just like the Bible. Both cannot be the Word of God.

In debate circles, this would be considered either dishonest or naive.

So do you want to deal honestly with, according to you, the real issue of Bible and Quranic translation or do you want to simply dance in circles?

What is the real issue here? I dont want to waste your time or mines.

My email is on the board if you want to go deeper (although I do have a rebuttal to your John 8:52-59 interpretation).

20. Swarth Moor October 2nd, 2009 at 9:49 am

For the record,

The Bible is clearly a book that has been corrupted. So there is really little point in arguing over “which translation is valid,” when no one has the original book from which the translations are being derived. Furthermore, the various Churches have different Bibles (the Catholic Church, the Coptic Church, the Protestant Church, the Ethiopian Church, the Russian Church, etc.) all have DIFFERENT BIBLES. And i don’t mean that they merely have the Bibles in different languages, but the various Churches can’t even agree on the contents of the Bible.

Secondly, after one establishes that the Bible is not remotely reliable, then it is fine to show that the Bible itself contradicts Christian doctrine (or that the Bible contradicts itself). This demonstrates that the Christian–even from his own point of view–has nothing to support his claim. Furthermore, one can show the historical development of Christianity or the Bible to further show that what the Christians are on is a fraud.

Lastly, putting the Bible aside, it is evident the Christian doctrine is ludicrous. God is One. God is Eternal–that is, uncreated. God was before time; hence God does not change. God was before Heaven, space, directions, and other dimensions, and God is as God was. Hence, God is not in the Heavens, and God never was on earth. God exists without being in a place. God is Free-of-Need; if God were in a location, then God would be a body and dependent upon space. That which is dependent can’t possibly be the Eternal Creator of the Universe. Additionally, Jesus was (and is) a creation; he is an originated and temporal being. He had a beginning to his existence. THE ORIGINATED CANNOT BECOME BEGINNINGLESS. Asserting that God is Eternal–but also, temporal is an absurdity that has to be rejected by any reasonable person. This is enough for one with some common sense.

With Allah is the success.

21. umeezee October 2nd, 2009 at 11:46 am

brother you are correct and you have been a true trooper about this whole thing. I forgot about the son of man part….right now i have to go to jummah prayer but shall return inshaAllah. Please forgive me for missing that part and for and problems i caused you.

keep going and i will keep my mouth shout and will not say anything about the Bilbe going forward because that can easily be considered rude and i should NOT be rude with you. like i said you have been very kind and understanding during this entire issue.

22. Prophetik Soul October 2nd, 2009 at 2:15 pm

For the record,

My response:
      So you are telling me that all the qurans found in the world…are identical? Are you also telling me that ALL Muslim sects agree on the contents of the Quran?

My response:
      I agree but that is not what umeezee did. He was not demonstrating unreliability. He was using what he claimed as an unreliable source (the Bible) to support his claims. For example, you can’t say the law is wrong and then use that same law to uphold your claim. That makes no sense and is a logical contradiction. This actually demonstrates that the person doing this does not know the rules of debate or is being dishonest.

Your point about contradiction applies to the Quran as well, right?

My response:
      All of what you said may describe Allah in his totality but it does not fully describe the one true God YHWH.

23. h October 3rd, 2009 at 7:53 am

The Muslims regardless of the sects believe in the oneness and uniqueness of God and the Messengership of Muhammed (saw) and Prophethood of Adam, Noah……. Moses, Jesus ! (I’m not talkin about the sects which were made up yesterday)
      The difference of opinion is not in the Belief System or the Creed, unlike Christianity where the sects differ in the basic belief itself !

All the Qur’ans throughout the world ARE identical !!

24. umeezee October 14th, 2009 at 12:26 pm

Two weeks have passes and not 1 statement from the mouth of ISA(as) IE JESUS stating that he made a claim to be GOD ALMIGHTY.

People need to understand and admit that this is something that people made up and put on him for selfish gain and other reasons.

ISLAM is the truth…and the correct way or path is to worship GOD ALONE as he is THE creator….do not worship the things that GOD has created. God created JESUS and Jesus was born just like me and you but he did not have a father…and this does not make GOD his father. ADAM did not have a mother OR a father but we don’t call adam the son do we? NO!

so people muslim or other PLEASE read your Quran or bible and just take it for what it says….don’t ADD your own understanding or spin trying to make people ” superhuman” we only have one creator and he alone created ALL…so worship him alone..

peace out people
      ya boy,
      umeezee

25. prophetik soul October 17th, 2009 at 9:06 am

Anyone who wants to continue this discussion, please email me at getwizdomnow@hotmail.com.

A blog like this does not allow the space necessary to have a in depth discussion.

26. umeezee October 17th, 2009 at 2:00 pm

we choose to keep it here in OPEN view….away from the tricks of those who wish to trick muslims and lead them to the worship of MAN and other created things. this BLOG is exactly where an issue like this needs to be…OUT IN THE OPEN where the truth can be seen by all and none of us has the ability to erase comments and hide what was written. JUST bring proofs and let the people decide what they accept and what they reject( falsehood) IE that jesus was or ever claimed to be GOD.

you must admit by now that THESE words of MAN BEING GOD NEVER came from the mouth of JESUS ISA bin MARIUM.

ALLAH(swt) IE GOD ALMIGHTY is THE ONLY creator and he created JESUS, MUHAMMAD, NOAH, MOSES AND ABRAHAM peace be upon them all.

THE trinity concept is PURE FALSEHOOD.

COME TO ISLAM before YAKEEN ( death ) comes to you.

May ALLAH(swt) forgive us our sins and save us fro the fire who fule is men and stones!

27. Prophetik Soul October 17th, 2009 at 2:35 pm

hahahahahahaha!

I might trick you through email, huh? Maybe I can sprinkle some holy water on my computer and ask God to make you cry! LOL

I dont care how many people are in the email discussion. The depth and length of these debates will take up this blog and the topic is about Islam and hip-hop, not the truth of Islam or Christianity.

But if you are afraid you will be tricked, then:

1. What does that say about the truth you claim to have?
      2. Why would you debate someone that would be dishonest here or in email?
      3. Are you afraid of the arguments I will present?

If you believe I will be dishonest, fine. Leave it here. Maybe someone else will pick up the challenge. I am not interested in convincing you I am trustworthy. What we say should point to our integrity.

“Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.”
      2 Corinthians 4:2

28. umeezee October 17th, 2009 at 3:11 pm

i think i made my point, i trust you fine….it’s others who might mislead young muslims into some sufi type worship of a MAN.

the REAL issue is that Jesus NEVER said he was GOD…that my friend is the issue and for people to CLAIM they can prove he said such and then bring words from OTHERS is tricky if you ask me. I said several times that I ONLY ONLY ONLY want to see what JESUS said, NOT MARK LUKE Matthew or JOHN or even paul CLAIM he said. How hard is it to give me something JESUS said? It seems like it would be VERY easy after all you claim HE said it.

The truth is EVERYTHING you find jesus saying points to the fact that he worshipped GOD. Jesus fell down on his face and prayed to god according to the bible but for some reason this means NOTHING at all to you because you choose to believe that GOD is a human like you and me and to be honest this gives you the freedom to do ANYTHING you want because you claim HE died for YOUR sins.. so in short you have a free ride to do whatever you feel and make your own rules as you go. Muslims on the other hand need to pray and repent and do good deeds to be granted paradise by GOD. We don’t mind working because we believe that it is worth it. you think it’s promised to you no matter what and this is a trick from shaytan and why we can’t move this topic to your private email. who would suggest such a thing.

anyway, i have noticed you ALWAYS like to have the last word so i expect you will post one last time after me JUST so you can in your own mind feel you one something…..what you will win is hellfire for yourself if you don’t give up IDOL worship and polytheism.

well my friend i LEAVE you with this. We invite you to the worship of the GOD that is THE only creator…the one who created the heavens and earth and ALL that is including but not limited to all the prophets such as Adam, Muhammad, Jesus, Noah, Moses, Abraham, david, LOT, Solomon etc etc . leave the servitude of man and enter the service of the ONE true GOD ALLAH(SWT) the most high. Do not fear the word ALLAH it only means the creator yours and mine so worship him alone brother. Remember that we muslims do not reject the truth that can still be found in the bible even after it has been TRANSLATED from aramaic to greek to latin and to english so you HAVE no original text to start with. Jesus said hear ye o israel the lord OUR OUR OUR god is ONE….he also said why call me GOOD NONE is good but the FATHER IE the creator….the bible says many things that make it CLEAR to you that ALL the prophets TAUGHT monotheism and you are changing it to make it polytheism ……

Jesus said his message was for JEWS and NOT the gentiles IF you are jewish then that is fine but if not then Muhammad is YOUR prophet BECAUSE he came with a message for ALL of mankind. This is the clear truth….we are FAR beyond the fact that jesus was not GoD and we have proven that from HIS actions and words.

come to islam….i do not plan to post on this issue again not even if you post like i would expect you to do. you should read and reflect of what i have written and think to yourself about what you want to do from here. i people choose to email you then fine but I will rest here. I ask the creator to guide you to his truth and forgiv us all our sins and grant us the paradise ameen.
      no hard feelings, enjoy life while it last because surly it will end,,,,,do not die with the corrupted belief that a man died for your sins because NO prophet or messenger of GOD almighty ever taught such a thing like that.

PEACE to all… prophetic soul do as other prophets before you have done…..worship GOD alone.

29. wth October 18th, 2009 at 8:27 am

No… please keep it in email. Both of you. I get it… no one ever wins these debates on religion. And Hiphop consists of any/all religions.

30. umeezee October 18th, 2009 at 12:37 pm

WTH this is more important than beats and rhymes bro, and it was finished along time ago anyway but thanks.

hey that rhymes…… i guess it’s true what they say, any fool can rap over a beat LOL

31. Prophetik Soul October 18th, 2009 at 3:48 pm

WTH, thanks for validating some of why I said this should be in email.

Since you are expecting my last words in eager expectation and excitement, here they are! LOL

1. From the beginning, I submitted the I AM scriptures and the Son of Man title to you as two pieces of evidence.
      2. You responded to the former but not the latter. In that response, you indicate that the real issue for you was Bible translation.
      3. I asked you to clarify this issue so I dont waste your or my time responding to tangential questions and offered my email address.
      3. Then you apologized for not responding to the Son of Man title. But you still DID NOT clarify the issue.
      4. Later, you chastised me for not responding to your first answer, did not respond to the Son of Man issue and still DID NOT clarify what the real issue is.

That my friend is what’s called disingenuous and a waste of time.

Based on the previous posts, I have discerned that you simply want to spout what you know. This makes your interest in these issues appear juvenile and prideful. The fact that you would assume that I would post the last word to make it look like I won? LOL. This post isnt even addressing the real issues; it is establishing the fact that you either forgot or avoided attempts to clarify the real issue. You cannot have a debate if you dont know what you are debating about. LOL

“A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even-tempered.” Proverbs 17:27

This is my last post. May God’s Spirit bring you into the FULLER revelation of the only begotten, Jesus Christ.

Adon Yeshua!

32. Prophetik Soul October 18th, 2009 at 3:50 pm

WTH, thanks for validating some of why I said this should be in email.

UMEEZEE, since you are expecting my last words in eager expectation and excitement, here they are! LOL

That my friend is what’s called disingenuous and a waste of time.

Adon Yeshua!

33. Jibril November 13th, 2009 at 3:21 pm

If they like let them be part of the CIA plan to to give ISLAM a bad name, we should all pray that they will one day become a proud MUSLIM like Mohammed Ali and stop calling them 5%ners and non muslims because it will be very very offensive to them if they are not and which can make them not to practice the religion at all.

34. Malik Gunz December 9th, 2009 at 11:54 pm

i havent been here for years, i am Fatal Skillz in the beggining of the page. I surely can not BELIEVE the way i used to speak but anyway.

Your bible is distorted, there are verses that have been changed soooooo much, it is noted down in history high scholars have exposed this YOUR OWN SCHOLARS. Why were note worthy gospels discarded from the bible? because they contradicted what the bible said.

The whole trinity doctrine was rethought by the person who created, he said “maybe this trinity thing doesnt work” on his death bed!!!

here go to this website

http://www.answering-christianity.com it goes way more in depth then i can ever go in

Inshallah Allah will guide you Prophetic Soul

oh and Styles P is muslim, not a practicing muslim but he does believe in La ilaha ililaha muhammad ur Rasoulul LAH!

in one song called rainy dayz freestyle he said how he converted at a young age, in another song he said he should’ve done been reading arabic, making salat

35. AbuUsamah December 21st, 2009 at 3:42 pm

you mention Proof from D12 what is your evidence?

36. AbuUsamah December 21st, 2009 at 3:42 pm

?

37. Steve-O December 27th, 2009 at 9:42 pm

This is an interesting topic. Not the religion of Hip-Hop. Either way, that has zero impact on my faith. What’s interesting is the way we treat religion in pop culture. I’m not a Muslim but people in my religion get excited when they find out celebrities practice it. So I’m not lecturing Muslims. Peace.

We should avoid arguing about the sincerity of other people’s faith.

However, it seems many of these celebrities haven’t said that they are actually Muslims. They have made vague references to the Islamic faith.

Is it better to claim someone IS Muslim than it is to claim they AREN’T a Muslim? Either way, we don’t really know what’s in their heart.

38. maryam irani January 29th, 2010 at 2:28 pm

yo, seriously dude, it’s unfortunate black americans play that “love your colonizer” role and “convert” to what they think is islam…it’s basically a trend for them, it’s sad because it all reverts back to the oppression they have endured here in america and africa. us arabs and persiand were the first to rape africa and turn them muslim, and i guess they feel that is more valid than when the white europeans raped and turned them christian. whatever, i say the way to life is staying happy with what you are, accepting it and being better and representing to the fullest. i have many issues with the fusion of islam and culture, where sexist en re-write the religion to suite them, but if anybody ever asks, i would never deny i am born muslim. i want to better my religion, not front on it. god bless them, may they find their true identity and stop froning making it harder for us.

39. umeezee January 29th, 2010 at 5:12 pm

this girl is about to piss me off. first off…Islam is not only for ARABS…it means submission to the will of GOD (ALLAH) not submission to arabs or arab culture so get that shit straight sista! secondly ISLAM does not consider RACE but stinking KAFIR wanna be muslims do. Allah(swt) does not look at you bodies..(skin color) he looks at your HEART….if you picked up a book on emaan or tawheed every once in a while you might know that already. and newsflash…worshipping fire is NOT from ISLAM so chew on that. na MEAN? Plenty of people have taken advantage of Africa, it happens to be a big place ya know…but the religion of ISLAM never forced it’s way on africans or african americans. People who might *claim* to be muslims like yourself go around with these racist fucked up ideas and then people hate on Islam for what your did. Your version of ISLAM is jacked up and no person should want to be apart of that crap you call ISLAM. TRUST me what you are on is anything BUT what prophet MUhammad came with. Abu Bakr baught the freedon of BILAL and he NEVER took BILAL as a slave…. the christian king who took the first muslim in who made hijra was from ethiopia AFRICA….what about the learning center of Timbuktu also in africa…

you might have been born in a muslim country and ALL children under the age of puberty are considered muslim according to islam so you are nothing special now it seems. and last but not least….what makes the religion look bad is so called muslim sisters like yourself who don’t know shit but go around shooting off at the mouth about how THEY view Islam and what OTHERS should be doing…..why are you even here on a RAP music forum if you so pius MUSLIM GIRL?

speaking like you are from the streets….shit if anything YOU make it harder for US……GO home it IRAN…run you ass back if you don’t like afro americans.. we built this place…you JUST LIVE here.

and put on a hijab!

40. Ahmed April 9th, 2010 at 11:34 am

Salaam alaikum,

Alhamdulilah, Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world.
      Realy and truelly i dont see Nation of Islam and The Nation of Gods and Earths and other branches of so called Islam as Islamic. The main reason is that they believe that their founders are prophets send by Allah, which is not true, cause Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) was the last prophet send by Allah. Sunni Islam is the real religion of Islam that follows the Words & teachings of Allah (swt) passed on to Prophet Mohammed(PBUH).
      But at the same time I gotta praise these ppl on some level at least they acknowledge that there is only one God that is Allah, and trough this, they might be able to make their way to the proper teachings of Islam.

Dont get it twisted i listen to Hip-Hop, and I know its forbidding to listen to Hip-hop in Islam, but I am amazed by the amount of Artist that are turning towards the deen, subhan allah, May Allah (swt) reward them.

Ps: Bizzy bone and Flesh-N-Bone from the legendary hip-hop group Bone thugs-N-Harmony converted to Islam aswell.

But who i gotta rate the most are former rappers Loon (Bad Boys) and Napoleon (outlawz). The are properly focused on th teachings of (Sunni) Islam and they visit other countries and talk about Islamic teachings and they also talk about their former lives and how Islam has changed their lives and gave them happiness and inner peace and advice other muslim on how to practise Islam and how to get out of this life of sin..

Salaam alaikum People

41. maryam irani April 9th, 2010 at 1:25 pm

to umeezee:
      are you slow brother? should i type in a language you understand better? first of all, i am born here, so shut your mouth. second of all, you put on a hijab since you’re already co-opting on a foreign culture it seems.
      ISLAM is a religion genius boy, not a culture. how can i be racist? how dare you tell ME to put a hijab on, wallah, you lost your mind. if you could read, you would see, nothing is remotely pious (this is how you spell pious by the way), about my statements.
      i am from HARLEM, yes i am on a hip hop site, i grew up in Hip Hop, real Hip Hop. i can type for days and days about who i am and what i contribute, but it’s just pointless for someone who writes: “this girl is about to piss me off”. niiiice.
      you’re worse than a white american “go home to IRAN”. i am so disgusted right now.
      go grab a reading list from your nearest revolutionary book store, if you need recommendations holler at me “brother”.
      New Islamic word of the day for umeezee: “fitnah”. go look it up son.

42. maryam irani April 9th, 2010 at 1:27 pm

the only thing you got right is this:
      “Islam is not only for ARABS…it means submission to the will of GOD (ALLAH) not submission to arabs or arab culture so get that shit straight sista! secondly ISLAM does not consider RACE but stinking KAFIR wanna be muslims do. Allah(swt) does not look at you bodies..(skin color) he looks at your HEART…”

43. umeezee April 10th, 2010 at 3:08 pm

Maryam? how did you get to be named after the mother of ISA(AS) Not even close. You have no manners and you have no deen from what i can tell. You are a racist and our prophet has told us that the racist is like the BUG who rolls the stool…you know stool or SHIT!…

I wish i could come at you with ahadith but you are probally a shia anyway LOL and by the way persians and arabs are NOT the same so pick a race you fake ass muslim girl.. I bet you are a christian posting here to put muslims in fitnah but you will lose if you go there with me silly rabbit.

How can you be a decent muslim sister when you let fall out of your tea stained yellow tooth mouth a comment like that? go marry your cousin you disgusting racist!

bye MARY

44. maryam irani April 11th, 2010 at 3:39 pm

umeezee,
      i don’t really understand what your moronic reference to christianity means? if you had an education you would know the only christians that exist in iran, are not persians but ethnic armenians…but you still make no sense. do you hate christians or something.
      maryam is a wonderful name, and i am grateful that my parents bestowed this name on me…unlike you who probably killed of the name your momma gave you for something like jihad, karim, abdul or whatever you chose. (our religion does not require converts to change their names that’s a myth).

i am shia, and what? don’t tell me you converts absorb the saudi propaganda when you get your little shehadas do y’all? wow, that’s a new one! we’re evil, right? we’re heretics?

persians and arabs are the same RACE, different ethnicity, but the same race, like koreans and chinese. you could use a good course in anthropology son.

it’s true middle eastern muslims marry cousins, i’ll pass. you remind me of a bunch of the fools i met in philly with the coolat shorts and beards. lol.
      salam wa aleikum, seriously, peace seriously be upon you.
      tea-stained mouth? very creative because i’m a dentist by profession! lol.

as for you, it’s clear you’re a “google gangstah”. get on online fights with an anonymous identity and pop off after you google shit and get on wikipedia.

45. umeezee April 11th, 2010 at 4:08 pm

LOL MARY you are a trip, you are funny…..like i said i wish you had enough understanding about ISLAM to continue this chat. BUT now that i see you are a shia probably a 12er i have nothing more to add…Now i see why you are so lost.

all up in here trippin on Muslims and Blacks but you can’t get enough of something i see LOL…..

and you can call me Umar or Omar as in the second LEADER of ALLLLLLL the muslim Ummah last name ALI cause alhamdulillah

i have the sunni Aqeedah and not that crazy beat yourself till you bleed shia NONSENSE!

it’s all your fault anyway, so go beat yourself some more LOL

46. h April 12th, 2010 at 1:11 am

MR,
      Bro, please stop the comments section. There is no benefit from this.
      JazaakAllah Khair.

47. mkweli April 12th, 2010 at 6:56 am

Jesus..the only true GOD…Bible…the best BOOK.

For the record, Nas is no MUSLIM.
      Just because he has an arabic name, don make him islam.
      Egyptians christians got arabic names!

You dont even need to read holy books to know the right
      Religion! the evidence is all around…check out is going on
      around the world these days!

Anything which preaches hatred is EVIL
      Anything which preaches love is GOOD.
      choose your position!

True GOD dont use force to get followers!

Black Americans can’t be blamed for being
      confused after what the whites did to them
      so they decide to take it out on christianity,

But on the real, the first invaders to Africa
      were the Arabs ( muslims ), they are the worst BABYLONS
      because they tortured and exploit africans and they provided no schools
      no hospitals no nothing unlike the BRITISH, SPANISH e.t.c

German’s were the second worst!

48. umeezee April 12th, 2010 at 6:35 pm

i agree MR…as i was doing ISHA prayer last night i was feeling some guilt for my comments….MAY Allah(swt) forgive me and i ask you to forgive me for my behavior on your site as well.

Walaikum Salaam.