Sami Yusuf in the US with Native Deen, Azhar Usman, Preacher Moss!!!

Sami Yusuf Live Sami Yusuf and Native Deen

Sami Yusuf along with Native Deen are touring in the US! For more information about the concerts go to SamiYusufLive.com. The concert is sponsored by Islamic Relief. All the proceeds are going to help orphans around the world, InshaAllah.

Anyways, if you don’t have their albums, you need to get yourself a copy now! Here are the albums I recommend:

My Ummah Al Mu'allim Deen You Know

Buy them! You can listen to these albums on the MR Radio!

• 43 Responses for "Sami Yusuf in the US with Native Deen, Azhar Usman, Preacher Moss!!!"

1. elefantebianco June 4th, 2006 at 12:52 pm

salaams….

we have had three of these Islamic relief events in the UK they are brill…to be honest im a lil shocked that u havent had them in the states yet….

Its so fun…at one point they ask hw many ppl want to donate £10 000 and then £50000 and it goes down…and they have a lil competion by splitting the audience and seeing who is goin to win…its fun…its entertaining and it helps save lives….

2. Faiza June 4th, 2006 at 12:53 pm

Wow… When will I ever get the chance to join an event like this???

3. mujahideenryder June 4th, 2006 at 12:58 pm

alhamdulillah, i cant wait to go…

4. Debbie June 4th, 2006 at 2:17 pm

Sorry to post off topic, but I have a question on the terrorists that were arrested in Toronto, Canada yesterday.

Reports today say the older man in the group, I assume this man: Qayyum Abdul Jamal, 43, of Mississauga (rather than this man: Shareef Abdelhaleen, 30, of Mississauga), preached in a Sufi mosque there in Toronto.

Reports say that some of the members of the mosque were ‘disturbed’ at what this man preached. Apparently they did not report him to authorities.

But don’t you find it strange that he would be connected to a Sufi mosque? I’m just asking for your opinion, your my expert, ha.

5. Mujahideen Ryder June 4th, 2006 at 2:23 pm

thats why “members of the mosque were ‘disturbed’ at what this man preached.”

i am familiar with the islamic community in toronto, do u know which mosque it was exactly, because many mosques invite various speakers from different backgrounds. just because the mosque could be run by ‘sufisticated’ muslims, doesnt mean extremist ideas and speakers would come and give lectures.

for example, my local mosque allows any speaker to come and speak, but if the speaker says some wrong things, most likely the speaker will never be invited again.

6. Debbie June 4th, 2006 at 2:38 pm

If the specific mosque was mentioned, I did not hear. It was a television report not a written report. I will see what I can find out. Thanks so much.

7. Debbie June 4th, 2006 at 4:02 pm

Salaheddin Islamic Centre,(school and mosque) 740 Kennedy Road, Scarborough Ontario. Iman Aly Hindy. According to reports the Imam was preaching Wahhabism.

8. mujahideenryder June 4th, 2006 at 4:06 pm

yeah thats definetly not a ‘sufistcated’ mosque

9. Debbie June 4th, 2006 at 4:07 pm

Thanks. I didn’t think that sounded right, after reading what you have written here.

10. Debbie June 4th, 2006 at 4:19 pm

I just saw your comment and the link concerning the mosque that had windows broken out.

There is no excuse for the vandalizing of a mosque. It serves no purpose and only makes the ones who do it look on equal standing with the terrorists. Unacceptable. I hope this will be the only incident of such violence.

Let the courts do their job to prosecute and punish the guilty.

11. mujahideenryder June 4th, 2006 at 4:23 pm

God willing. Thanks.

12. Ahmed June 4th, 2006 at 5:25 pm

Wahhabism isn’t terrorism. Wahhabism is fundamentalism. Muhammad (saw) disapproved of the killing of women and children in battle, so a Wahhabi should not approve of it.

13. mujahideenryder June 4th, 2006 at 6:13 pm

Ahmed on June 4, 2006 at 5:25 pm said:

but many of the terrorist that are Muslims adhere to this ideology

14. Ahmed June 4th, 2006 at 7:08 pm

I’m not so sure. Osama Bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri (the leaders of Al-Qaeda) were inspired by Sayyid Qutb who is called a deviant by most Wahhabis.

15. mujahideenryder June 4th, 2006 at 7:16 pm

Ahmed on June 4, 2006 at 7:08 pm said:

we should end this discussion, becuase it has nothing to do with Sami Yusuf or Native deen. hahahaha. maybe my future posts will discuss the history of extremist ideas.

16. Jiman June 4th, 2006 at 10:09 pm

Going back to the concert- It is great that Muslims are able to raise money in this manner-however, the only problem that arises from this is the constant “idolizing” of such stars like Sami Yusuf. Women, and I stress this word, not girls, women…are jumping out of their seats and yelling immodest comments out to those brothers on stage. I saw this evident at RIS in DEC. People were pushing and shoving to get through the doors and running [ I swear men were doing the same thing!] just to get up close and personal with the singers. Almost 1100+ seats were filled for this concert-but Wallahi when it came to our intelligent scholars giving Islamic lectures, you would have found about half the number of that. Do not get me wrong, I am all for the relax of music and fun at certian times…but when one throws aside modesty or forgets the Almighty during these events-this is where the the common concensus on music being HARAM comes into to play…SubhanAllah. I just really hope that people start coming to their senses. InshAllah.

17. Mujahideen Ryder June 4th, 2006 at 10:13 pm

Jiman on June 4, 2006 at 10:09 pm said:

good point, maybe they’ll have security at these concerts, inshaAllah.

18. Usma June 5th, 2006 at 5:35 am

ive only ever been to one evening of inspiration(last year) but never again-unless people retain some modesty and discipline at these places. perhaps the organisers should make it clear from the beginning of what kind of behaviour should be expected and perhaps the artists shouldnt encourage the audience to scream etc…

sami yusuf and isam from outlnadish at this years evening inspiration in the UK:

perhaps u guys will also have a nice suprise like that too!

19. me June 5th, 2006 at 6:12 am

they should enforce segregation @ “these type” of events, some sisters and brothers act as they are @ some sort of rock concert @ these events and what also annoys me is how if the camera man spots a sister in the crowd who is good looking he will fix the camera on her so that everybody who wathces the video afterwards commits zina subhan’Allah!!!

20. mujahideenryder June 5th, 2006 at 8:48 am

It’s hard to prevent anyone from being loud, but segregation is a possibility.

21. hmm June 5th, 2006 at 11:01 am

but what about pple who want to sit with their families? after all these events are advertised as family events- this issue always needs consideration at all islamic conferences/events and some manage to cater for families ok but in others its not so strict

22. Mujahideen Ryder June 5th, 2006 at 11:14 am

hmm on June 5, 2006 at 11:01 am said:

they can have areas for families, areas for brothers, and areas for sisters.

i agree families need to be together, i plan on going with my family, inshaAllah.

23. Azeem June 5th, 2006 at 12:23 pm

mujahideenryder on June 4, 2006 at 4:06 pm said:

yeah thats definetly not a ‘sufistcated’ mosque

I thought you were against the labeling of mosques!

24. Azeem June 5th, 2006 at 12:26 pm

This is kind of funny, Imagine sisters throwing their Hijaabs at Sami Yusuf..

25. mujahideenryder June 5th, 2006 at 12:30 pm

Azeem on June 5, 2006 at 12:23 pm said:

I thought you were against the labeling of mosques!

…so did I…until this happened. Although, Debbie claimed the mosque was Sufi, which I know it wasn’t at all. I just said it wasn’t sufisticated.

I am against the labelling of masjids on a site which is a directory of different masjids. If a Muslim is travelling and he needs to find a local masjid to pray, the ideology they follow shouldn’t matter.

26. Hajar June 5th, 2006 at 1:00 pm

Heh, I’ve been to 2 evening of inspiration tours. One attending, and one volunteering, and I have to say, it’s not the organisers that are to blame for people’s behaviour. When you have 60-odd volunteers and 3000 people, it’s hard to control everyone.

And as to the screaming and such, it just shows that these sort of people are more used to rock concerts where it’s normal to scream, and in a way it’s good that they are at an Islamic concert instead, raising money for a good cause. Im not saying it’s a good thing that they scream, Im just saying – Rome wasnt built in a day. They may take steps before calming down. wallahu Alam. So yeh, dont blame the organisers & pray for the guidance of us all.

With seating, at most events here, they have sisters at one side and brothers at the other and families in the middle, but sometimes the venue deal with tickets and seats and therefore it’s hard to put that through. [plus everyone wants to sit in the muddle cos they’re the best view seats :P]

Peace.

27. cevriye June 5th, 2006 at 1:35 pm

Hello everybody!

I am happy to see something about wahhabis here. I know, it does not have anything to do with this post, but maybe you could help me.
      I have a discussion with a Non- Muslim and he asks if wahhabis are Muslims, I mean because they kill and so on. I do not know much about them, who are these guys? Can you help me, please?

28. Al-Hussain June 5th, 2006 at 3:04 pm

Mujahideen Ryder on June 5, 2006 at 11:14 am said:

they can have areas for families, areas for brothers, and areas for sisters.

As’Salamu Alaikum.

And yes is actually IS possible to have three seperate areas (for brothers, sisters and families).
      If it was possible in the international Islamophobia conference and it will inshAllah be possible in this concert.

29. Al-Hussain June 5th, 2006 at 3:04 pm

and = then*

30. Yaser June 5th, 2006 at 8:36 pm

There was an International Islamaphobia conference? That sounds funny. Listen everybody! Don’t Be scared, we won’t bite….we’re not allowed to eat human meat, it’s haram.

31. Muslim June 6th, 2006 at 10:10 am

A PIANO – ASTAGFIRULLAH!!!

32. Muslim June 6th, 2006 at 10:21 am

Brothers and sisters, give sadaqah but don’t go to haram events.

33. Faiza June 6th, 2006 at 12:29 pm

Yaser on June 5, 2006 at 8:36 pm said:

Yup, there was. :) Haha, nah. The purpose was finding solutions to the Islamophobia….

34. Mujahideen Ryder June 7th, 2006 at 10:22 pm

thats so cool. we need something like this in America

35. Ruwa June 11th, 2006 at 2:05 pm

About the women jumping on seats and stuff I wrote a topic about that in general on samiyusuf.cjb.net you know this is what gives good music a bad name I hate it when poeple ruien the goals of others just because they can’t control themselves

36. Faiza June 16th, 2006 at 12:30 pm

Yay! After all I am gonna get to see Azhar Usman 😀

Sami Yusuf? Insha’Allah…

37. roza October 18th, 2006 at 1:31 pm

you are the best

38. mia October 18th, 2006 at 1:41 pm

i really admire you. sami yusuf.i think you should come to visit us in KOSOVA.

best wishes
      from mia and roza

39. rozafa October 18th, 2006 at 1:47 pm

i think you must come here in KOSOVA.

HERE WE REALLY ADMIRE YOU

ROZAFA

40. mustafa October 24th, 2006 at 8:58 am

elhamdülillah şükürler olsun. ÇOK İYİSİN bana bi foto nu gönderirmisin

41. anas October 28th, 2006 at 12:38 pm

hi sami are you ok

42. Alireza November 5th, 2006 at 12:20 pm

Sami! I must and all must say that really you are only the one that God has given such kind of voice.
      I really like your music and naats. God bless you and have agood time and be safe.

43. sumeyyye December 7th, 2006 at 12:51 pm

ครคlคค๓
      mashallah i like tis site
      aleikum salaam