World Cup 2006 Predictions

• Filed under: Football
  • Date: Jun 6,2006 | 05:24 PM

Here are my predictions for each group for the first round of the World Cup:

Group A Group B
Czech Republic | 2nd Place Japan | 2nd Place
Group G Group H
France | 1st Place Spain | 1st Place
Switzerland Ukraine
Korea Republic | 2nd Place Tunisia
Togo Saudi Arabia | 2nd Place

Here are my predictions for stage 2, including the quarter-finals, semi-finals and the finals:

MR's 2006 World Cup Predictions

No I am not a front runner, I have been a Brasil fan since I started to watch the World Cup back in 1994. Plus, I’m Guyanese, and the nearest country to us that participates in the World Cups is Brasil. I’m also a Trinidad & Tobago since it is there first time in football history to participate in the World Cup.

Go Brasil!! Go Soca Warriors (nickname of the T&T football team) !!

Other World Cup Predictions on my friend’s blog, Journey of a Traveler.

• 31 Responses for "World Cup 2006 Predictions"

1. Hajar June 6th, 2006 at 6:16 pm

Noo. Goo England 😀 😀

I went to a conference just the other day where 1200 people were in attendance, and the host made a duaa that england would win. and told all those there to make duaa too. hah.

So God willing, England will bring the cup home :D.

If not, I guess brazil will do. :rolleyes:

2. Ibraheem June 6th, 2006 at 9:07 pm

I don’t know if Brazil is going to pull it off this year. I have this strange feeling that they’re not going to do as well as we predicted.

3. Yaser June 6th, 2006 at 9:48 pm

Snap, I need to make one of those, did you do that all manually? Brazil has Ronaldhino, he’s the coolest ball handler I’ve seen, as well as Denilison, he was like 19 when he was in the 98 or 02 cup and he was amazing, but I don’t know I have to make my own brackets!

4. Mujahideen Ryder June 7th, 2006 at 1:06 am

Yaser on June 6, 2006 at 9:48 pm said:

yeah i manually made it, haha

5. Hamzah June 7th, 2006 at 1:36 am

go saudi. they can’t spot a moon properly… maybe their “thing” is soccer.

6. sporty muslimah June 7th, 2006 at 4:57 am

Asslamualaikum, some interesting stuff there. I figured you added T&T as underdogs, an allowed Saudi to go through becuase of the ‘Muslim’ connection, but after their 8-0 thrashing by Germany last year, I dont think they will go ahead.

I dont think Brazil will win it either, for me after England I think favourites are Argentina (although I hate them!!) and Holland, Le Oranje as the underdogs!!

Mexico couldnt beat Argentina a while back, and Agentina back up is very solid as well, with players like Riquelme and Tevez to start as well.

But it is interesting to see whay you think!

England all the way!

7. sham June 7th, 2006 at 5:10 am

england to win!! compleeeetely off the topic…duz ny1 no wot reggada means?????!!!

8. sham June 7th, 2006 at 5:13 am

also where has mr gq gone?? is he alryt?? or been taken away by feds??!!

9. Mujahideen Ryder June 7th, 2006 at 7:58 am

watch, there are going to be some upsets, i hope germany loses to trinidad 😀 hahahaha (although that is highly unlikely)

10. Hamzah June 7th, 2006 at 9:22 am

There is always that one team every year that comes out of nowhere. Last year it was Senegal.

Maybe it could be the Sauds? Maybe the Buss-up shots? Maybe both?

11. Mohsin June 7th, 2006 at 10:17 am

stop talkin about this wack sport :)…..lets talk about the NBA Finals; Dallas is gonna win in 6 games

12. Mujahideen Ryder June 7th, 2006 at 11:13 am

Mohsin on June 7, 2006 at 10:17 am said:

miami in 5

13. Debbie June 7th, 2006 at 11:31 am

I’m no sports fan, maybe American football occasionally, but where is the USA in all this? Do they suck so bad that they don’t even make a decent showing?

14. Mujahideen Ryder June 7th, 2006 at 11:55 am

Debbie on June 7, 2006 at 11:31 am said:

US is not that good. They are in a tough group with Italy and Czech Republic. I don’t think they can make it to the 2nd stage.

15. sporty muslimah June 7th, 2006 at 1:34 pm

USA have a high FIFA ranking, they are underestimated becuase of their poor hosts in 94, but im sure they can take some points, doubt they will qualify though

16. Yaser June 7th, 2006 at 1:37 pm

Check out my predictions on my site. Yea I knocked out US unfortunately, they’re much better than they used to be, and I upset the Czech and the US for Ghana!

17. Journey of a Traveler » World Cup! June 7th, 2006 at 2:10 pm

[…] Reminded (and inspired) by MR's World Cup 2006 predictions, I couldn't help but to make one myself. This is a break from my usual posts aboutIf you're not a football (Soccer) fan, then this is how it works. The first round there are eight groups with four teams each. All the teams within the same group play each other at least once, if you lose you aren't eliminated. Who ever has the best point score at the end of the first round, advances to the Round of Sixteen. So doing simple math, there was 8 groups with 4 teams each, 32 teams, Second round being called the Round of 16, ie half the teams are eliminated. The rest is organized into brackets, as you lose, you are sent home until you reach the finals. […]

18. . June 7th, 2006 at 4:42 pm

sham on June 7, 2006 at 5:10 am said:

Doesn’t it mean “hit it” like the spanish word “dale” or the punjabi word “balle”.

I don’t think there is an exact translation of this word. You probably got it from Outlandish newest album…

19. Nuralhuda June 7th, 2006 at 5:59 pm

Reggada is a berber word meaning wedding, as far as I know. :)

totally unrelated , but you can see Mesut kurtis Burdah clip here .

20. Mujahideen Ryder June 7th, 2006 at 10:12 pm

sham on June 7, 2006 at 5:13 am said:

also where has mr gq gone?? is he alryt?? or been taken away by feds??!!

no idea…

21. Reggae Powered DC2 June 7th, 2006 at 10:53 pm

Go TnT !!! (Yea Right …)
      And for next year, Go Windies !!!

22. Anita June 8th, 2006 at 8:14 pm

i think England is a pretty strong team…not compared to Germany, but it may play Brazil instead of Mexico…but i like the whole prediction…lets see how this goes!!

23. erm June 9th, 2006 at 7:42 pm

I wana see England play Brazil!!!

24. Mujahideen Ryder’s Blog - Not the normal Muslim blog… » World Cup Recap - June 9 to June 11 June 11th, 2006 at 5:36 pm

[…] World Cup 2006 Predictions […]

25. AS June 12th, 2006 at 12:47 pm

Saudi Arabia are so not getting out of that group ahead of Ukraine.

26. Hamzah June 15th, 2006 at 3:25 pm

Ukraine is weak! *smacks board game*

27. mean em from jersey June 16th, 2006 at 2:06 am

although, i’ve always liked brazil, i’m gonna enjoy the czech republic and germany in the finals–with possibly the czech republic on top :)

sorry, but brazil’s starters aren’t doin their jobs!!

28. sameer June 23rd, 2006 at 2:29 pm

i have watched matches upto pre quarter, according to my opinion chances to reach semi finals is either, england, argentina,brasil, germany or italy. and its my prediction this year england is going to beat brasil by 1-0 margin in semi final and , final will be argentina/germany- england—- and 2006 fifa world cup goes to ENGLAND— beckham’s ENGLAND

SAMEER- INDIA- 00-91-9892558058

29. sameer June 23rd, 2006 at 2:31 pm

FORWARD ENGLAND, WE ARE MOVING WITH U

SAMEER- INDIA- 00-91-9892558058

30. Mujahideen Ryder’s Blog - Not the normal Muslim blog… » Round of 16 Review June 27th, 2006 at 5:54 pm

[…] MR’s Predicitions […]

31. Nazim July 4th, 2006 at 12:41 am

France and Zidane all the way…