World Cup 2006 starts today!

• Filed under: Football, Video
  • Date: Jun 9,2006 | 12:51 AM

Some person made this cool teaser video:

World Cup 2006 starts today, June 9th, and ends on July 9th, 2006. You can find the schedule of games, the EST time (for us Americans) and what channel it will be on on ESPNsoccernet.

• 13 Responses for "World Cup 2006 starts today!"

1. Yaser June 9th, 2006 at 11:10 am

maddddd niceeee. Only time I wish I had cable Tv. Its all good. Zaki if your reading this, guess whos going to be over Sunday.

2. Mujahideen Ryder June 9th, 2006 at 11:50 am

Yaser on June 9, 2006 at 11:10 am said:

me too man, me too, im thinking about calling them, and asking them if i can get this 1 month for free, just to see how it is, and then cancel it after hahahahaha

3. Radeyah June 9th, 2006 at 5:07 pm

Well I have cable and watched Germany win Costa Rica 4-2 and then Poland was slaughtered by Ecuador 2-0! The opening games were awesome on ESPN…

4. Radeyah June 9th, 2006 at 5:22 pm

BTW, Poland was the most sluggish team I’ve ever seen. There’s really no hope for them this year especially since their next match is against Germany. Amir I can’t believe you predicted they would win! Costa Rica put up a good fight against the Germans, and Ecuador was awesome so I can’t wait to see those two teams play against each other next week.

5. Mujahideen Ryder June 9th, 2006 at 10:54 pm

Radeyah on June 9, 2006 at 5:22 pm said:

i can’t beleive, i was doing it at 2 AM, i think i meant to put ecuador, cuz on the paper i was writing the teams, i put ecaudor…i gotta fix that

6. Yaser June 10th, 2006 at 7:02 pm

Ha! So far I think my predictions are exact…scary. I’ll have to look to double check, but I think I’m 4 for 4. Check my predictionts (which seem to be better than MR’s so far) at my site. But watch out, I did alot of wierd upsets and results.

7. Mujahideen Ryder June 10th, 2006 at 7:10 pm

Yaser on June 10, 2006 at 7:02 pm said:

u predicted each matches too? i didnt see that on ur site, i just predicted who’ll move on.

8. Yaser June 10th, 2006 at 8:17 pm

Lol, ok, ok you got me. I mean if we were doing one match go home, I’d be doing awesome right now :) . Inshallah, it should work out anyways. Trinidad and Tobago and Sweden Tied… Mad physical game from what I heard. From what I saw from the England/Paraguay game this morning, Yellow cards kept coming out, why can’t people play nice?

9. Yaser June 10th, 2006 at 8:22 pm

This video is mad fun to watch again.

10. Radeyah June 10th, 2006 at 9:59 pm

Trinidad’s goalie was AWESOME!!! they played a really defensive game. I’m pretty sure they won’t advance very far though cause the Trini’s seem to suck at scoring goals. Once they come up against a team like England they’re pretty much gone. They played well for such a tiny west indians. I’m incredibly surprised.

11. Yaser June 11th, 2006 at 11:49 am

Netherlands defense is whack, I don’t know if its just holey (as in full of holes) or they depend too much on the Keeper. Whatever, they won.

12. Radeyah June 11th, 2006 at 5:26 pm

I thought the Netherlands played well. Serbia-Montenegro was way to aggressive though

13. Yaser June 11th, 2006 at 9:45 pm

They played good, I’m rooting for them as my predictions show, it was probaly what you said though, Serbia was pushing it like there was no tommorow.