Imagine Getting Married in Mecca

• Filed under: Islam
  • Date: Jun 28,2006 | 10:36 PM

I was talking about how I want to get married in a masjid (mosque), and then the Kaaba popped in my head. Imagine getting married next to the Kaaba. You wouldn’t have to worry about space. You could invite anyone and everyone. SubhanAllah! It’ll be cheap too. It’ll just cost the airfare to go to Saudi Arabia.

For anyone that lives in or lived in Mecca: do they peform nikkah’s next to the Kaaba?

• 13 Responses for "Imagine Getting Married in Mecca"

1. mbslrm June 28th, 2006 at 10:40 pm

That would be amazing. But I don’t guests would want to pay like 3k for each persons’ fare….

2. mujahideenryder June 28th, 2006 at 10:48 pm

mbslrm on June 28, 2006 at 10:40 pm said:

LOL true that

3. Reggae Powered DC2 June 29th, 2006 at 1:04 am

Thats not cheap! at least not for the guests. Airfare and Hotel will cost money lol. LOL going to Florida for a wedding is sometimes a pain.

4. Reggae Powered DC2 June 29th, 2006 at 1:04 am

But, the idea is real nice.

5. Gumbo June 29th, 2006 at 3:26 pm

im steeling this idea. thanks! how awesome would that be! mashaAllah.

6. Nasir June 29th, 2006 at 6:48 pm

idk if theyd allow that….probably charge sum$..does musjud el haram have a website?

7. Evitable June 29th, 2006 at 6:57 pm

actual, that does/can happen. Dunno. I think you can ask around and if you know a shaykh and all then it can happen.

8. Zahhra June 30th, 2006 at 5:41 pm

My dads bro got married in the haram.
      Insha’Allah following his footsteps :)

9. Alex Lahoz July 2nd, 2006 at 4:26 pm

From what I understand, you can’t only get a visa to enter KSA if you’re part of an Umrah/Hajj tour. (or if you are conducting some sort of business)

10. Luqman July 2nd, 2006 at 5:20 pm

I think you can get leave to study at Medina as well.

11. irn_bru July 3rd, 2006 at 1:25 am

Kewl… at least nobody will have to dress up… and if you go during Ramadan, the Saudi King will be providing the food in the form of delicious bread, dates, cheese etc.

But I don’t think the guests will care to attend to the groom and bride… not a minute to waste in that precious Masjid…

Maybe Masjid-un-Nabi would be better for a wedding…

12. Allah's servant July 3rd, 2006 at 8:47 pm

Yes, U can have ur nikah in Al haram …. most of my family members get married there … like almost my enire khandaaan had thier nikah in haram

13. Abu Ikrima July 21st, 2009 at 2:56 pm

A friend of mine got married in the haram about 10-12 years ago. It wasn’t a large public ceremony obviously, but they had the shar’i essentials (wali, witnesses, etc.). He told me that just as they finished signing the contract, one of the Mutawwa came up to them questioning “what’s going on here?”. So it doesnt seem like they allow it openly, cuz if they did wudnt everyone want to do that?