Gone to ICNA 2006 Convention

• Filed under: Events, Islam
  • Date: Jun 29,2006 | 11:32 PM
icnatheme.gif

This weekend I’ll be at the ICNA 2006 convention in Hartford, CT. Check out the ICNA convention website for more details. The world cup matches will also be going on this weekend, so I don’t know how I will get to watch them. We shall see inshaAllah.

I’ll take lots of pictures and notes, inshaAllah. Make dua for our safe journey. Thanks!

• 25 Responses for "Gone to ICNA 2006 Convention"

1. Muslim Freedom June 30th, 2006 at 3:14 pm

MR, what is the nasheed in your banner at the top of the page?
      It sounds really good, do you think you can hook me up and provide a link to that particular nasheed please?

2. Luqman June 30th, 2006 at 5:29 pm

“Make dua for our safe journey.”

Done. 😀

3. Ancient Clown June 30th, 2006 at 8:07 pm

Enjoy the convention, for when you return, it is with HOPE, FAITH & LOVE that I share with you the Art of Wire Tree-making. “To give a person a tree is to give them a present, but to teach a person how to make a tree is a gift for life.”
      your humble servant,
      Ancient Clown

4. Reggae Powered DC2 June 30th, 2006 at 9:01 pm

So how is the convention? I have been doing Volunteer Work all day. Inshallah I will make it to the 10PM Youth Session.

I finally got a break and got my hotel room. Unfortunately, I am at the Sheraton. But FREE Parking.

5. Faiza July 1st, 2006 at 5:03 pm

Brasil is out :'(

6. Mohsin July 1st, 2006 at 5:06 pm

didnt i say france was gonna beat brazil :)

7. Faiza July 1st, 2006 at 5:08 pm

I don’t like you Mohsin. You’re evil.

8. Bliss July 1st, 2006 at 5:31 pm

I don’t like France..AH!

9. Bliss July 1st, 2006 at 5:32 pm

OH yeh, MR, Safe trip..take good notes.

10. Radeyah July 1st, 2006 at 5:53 pm

France won and basically destroyed the world cup for me this year. First Trinidad, then Ghana then Ecuador…I only have Germany left to cheer for…

11. FABULOUS July 1st, 2006 at 7:51 pm

same herr, i was for ghana! Africa all the way baby! my 2nd choise was France. So now iz more like, FRANCE ALL THE WAY !
      have a nice/safe trip iA.
      pc

12. MilkShaykh July 1st, 2006 at 8:36 pm

France was amazing…there is a Muslim convert on the team, MashaAllah…he’s that number 22 guy, Franck Ribery..Also Zidane is a Muslim. Even though my teams have been eliminated, I am hoping France wins now!

13. OECD July 1st, 2006 at 9:23 pm

If betting was halal, I’d bet you $two US dollars that France will get the Cup this year!!

14. Yaser July 2nd, 2006 at 12:18 am

Brazil deserved it, they haven’t been playing stellar at all. Zidane was amazing on the field today. Two of my three favorites are out. 1. Nederlands, 2. Germany, 3. Argentina. I only have Germany left, but I still prefer to watch great football even if my teams dont make it!

15. Radeyah July 2nd, 2006 at 11:10 am

I don’t think Zidane is Muslim….I know he’s Algerian but I don’t think he’s Muslim, although his name apparently is very arabic…if he is muslim i guess I’ll cheer for France.

16. H July 2nd, 2006 at 1:58 pm

come back safely iA. :)

17. Luqman July 2nd, 2006 at 2:33 pm

Radeyah, he describes himself as a non-practising Muslim.

18. Radeyah July 2nd, 2006 at 3:41 pm

I see, he is a non practicing Muslim. Anyways, he’s still one of the greatest footballers in the world. J’adore Zidane!!! but I’ll cheer for Germany.

19. Ahsan July 2nd, 2006 at 4:37 pm

AA,

i just came back from there. I think i saw u there, fitnah police right lol.

20. MilkShaykh July 2nd, 2006 at 5:00 pm

Radeyah on July 2, 2006 at 3:41 pm said:

He may be non-practising, but there is another Muslim on the team and he is definitely a practicing Muslim…even newspapers or magazines stated that there was a player in the French team that attended a masjid alot, and it turned out to be Franck Ribery, the guy who tied the match against Spain.

21. Radeyah July 2nd, 2006 at 8:58 pm

I’ve been hearing rumors that Thierry Henry is Muslim as well. that would be interesting if he is .

22. Yaser July 3rd, 2006 at 3:02 pm

I doubt he is, I read somewhere that he yelled at Ribery for not setting him up right and he doesn’t sound like too much of a pleasant person. He is a very elegant player though, though Zidane was stellar that game.

23. Asmaa July 3rd, 2006 at 7:38 pm

I went to the conference, too. I was pretty peeved that I had to miss the games, exp. France vs. Brazil. Oh well, the conference wasn’t too bad, alhamdulillah. I’m not too crazy about America though :)

24. Sam July 5th, 2006 at 1:00 pm

did anybody attend the ‘toolbox’ event on friday at convention(i believe it started at 6:00pm) and i was shocked to see that Yasir Qadhi recommended Zaytuna institute(for those who cant go abroad to study islam)and he said Zaytuna teaches traditional islam. i felt bad that ppl labeled him as hardcore salafi- :( we need to grow up!

25. yasmeen December 18th, 2006 at 8:47 am

i am sure zidan is a muslim , and henry too , but actually am not sure about the last one