Materazzi will face the consequences

• Filed under: Football, News
  • Date: Jul 13,2006 | 11:12 AM

FIFA has began an investigation on Materazzi and will punsih him due to his verbal attack on Zidane.

Following Zinedine Zidane’s televised statement last night, Fifa announced today they have opened disciplinary proceedings against Marco Materazzi for his role in the Frenchman’s sending off in the World Cup Final.

French skipper Zidane was shown the red card after butting Materazzi in the chest during extra-time of Sunday’s final, but claimed yesterday the Italian had provoked him with “hard words” about his mother and sister. He denied media reports Materazzi had called him a terrorist.

Zidane has been invited to provide a written statement by July 18. Materazzi will then be given a chance to respond before both players are called to a face-to-face hearing of the disciplinary committee in Zurich on July 20.

A Fifa statement revealed: “The decision was taken following claims made by Zinedine Zidane, who attacked Materazzi with a headbutt during the final.”

Fifa launch Materazzi enquiry

• 10 Responses for "Materazzi will face the consequences"

1. Abdul Muhaimin July 13th, 2006 at 11:26 am

lol, i heard the dude twisted zidane’s nipples. but w/e. Is zidane a muslim or something?

2. Yaser July 13th, 2006 at 11:31 am

Yah, he is. He’s said he’s non-practicing though.

3. Mujahid July 13th, 2006 at 11:33 am

non-practicing muslim. Thats like saying…”I’m a non-submitting submitter”

4. mujahideenryder July 13th, 2006 at 11:36 am

Only Allah can judge a believer.

5. France July 13th, 2006 at 3:52 pm

Materazzi put Zidane through a bunch of crap… perhaps this is good enough to prove that Zidane was in fact provoked and isn’t a lunatic who goes around head-butting people at random. I know earlier you were saying that it’s important to keep your “cool” but I can say with certainty that if something was said about your mother or your sister in the 110th minute of the World Cup Final, which also happens to be your last game, you wouldn’t “keep your cool”… you would also react very strongly.

6. Nadia July 13th, 2006 at 5:48 pm

Mujahid on July 13, 2006 at 11:33 am said:

non-practicing muslim. Thats like saying…”I’m a non-submitting submitter”

I didn’t want to react so often on this blog but what I read doesn’t please me. You cannot judge it, who say to you that he will not become muslim practising? Maybe better muslim than you? A practising muslim, can all his life believe in Islam and towards the end of his life refuted the Coran and the rules of the Islam. Become so a non-believer. You have to know that nobody muslims can be assured to die muslim. Allah guides and illumates who he wants towards the straight path of the Islam and blinds who he wants.
      Quite as, a muslim non-practising can become a great muslim practising, maybe, better than the one who will have all his life practised his religion, alone Allah (SWT) can know it.
      We told me the tragic end of a big cheikh which had all his life believed in the Islam, steered the prayer of thousand muslims. At the end of his life he turned away from the Islam, refuted the truthfulness of the Coran and died non-believer. We owe all pray and ask to ALLAH (SWT) so that we’ll die muslim because nothing is acquired (even if practicing-muslim).

Salam alikoum :)

7. Luqman July 13th, 2006 at 6:06 pm

I think Mujahid was just pointing out that he is not submitting now, he didn’t make any guesses as to his future.

8. Nadia July 14th, 2006 at 7:39 am

Mea culpa, you are maybe right, Luqman, I certainly badly interpreted his comment :(.

Salam alikoum 😉

9. Nadia July 14th, 2006 at 1:09 pm

Nadia on July 13, 2006 at 5:48 pm said:

Salam alikoum :)

To be sure, I asked to one of my friends for what she thought about the Mujahid’s message. My friend said to me the same THING as what I had written and what said to me “word for word” what Mujahideenrider wrote.
      So, nobody has to judge him, either now or in 10 years, because only Allah (SWT) can make it. Only Allah (SWT) can know if we’ll die good muslim practising or not (or non-believer).

Salam alikoum

10. Stranger July 17th, 2006 at 4:38 am

Salam,

hey, er d’u know that the worldcup trophy has broken? Done by Cannavaro. He slept with it in the bus….

Undeserved thing don’t last long…

Well, not that it matters now…

May Allah help all our muslim brothers and sisters in Lebanon and palestin and all over the world…Ameen..

Salam =>