Muslim Voters Guide for the U.S. Senate Elections 2006

• Filed under: General
  • Date: Aug 15,2006 | 10:36 PM

Pray. Make dua. Protest. Cry. Argue. Yell. Blame the US. Blame Israel. Blame the Media. Blame Muslims. Blame ourselves.

What else can we do to change the sitaution of the Ummah as American Muslims?

The United States Senate elections will take place on November 7, 2006. Out of the 100 seats in the Senate, 33 are being contested for. When these 33 senators are elected they will be in the Senate from 2007 until 2013. That’s 6 years! Muslims, especially the younger generation, need to step up and take up the vote.

My friend has decided to start a Muslim Voters Guide to find out and do research on all the candidates for each state finding out what there views on the Iraq war, Palestine, Patriot act, relgious tolerance and other issues that American Muslims are concerned with.

You can join us and help by joining the Shield of Islam forums and posting up information about the Senate race in your state or anything regarding Political Muslim activism. Here are some topics that have alreay been started:

Issues concerning Muslim Americans

New York Muslim Voters Guide

Maryland Voters Guide

Your State here!

PS: For all those who say Voting is Haram. Please press alt-F4. Thank you!

• 29 Responses for "Muslim Voters Guide for the U.S. Senate Elections 2006"

1. Sister August 15th, 2006 at 10:40 pm

2. John D. Islam August 15th, 2006 at 11:09 pm

“PS: For all those who say Voting is Haram. Please press alt-F4. Thank you!”

Mob tactics. Listen to what you think is right otherwise go away?

“good idea. it is essential for Muslims to take an active part in government. if they can’t get their voices heard, who will support the Muslim ummah? if we can’t make it to office, who is speaking for us?”

Wow. This paragraph and this post reeks of a profound lack of knowledge of how this nation functions when it comes to deciding national/foreign policies. I’m sure it will make YOU feel better to hear yourself talk or hear others bleat, or that you MADE a difference. After you vote, and then moan about – ‘Hey, nothing’s happening but we gave it a shot and so we should be content that we “Did ALL we could” ‘ – use your intelligence. Ask yourself not “What ‘I’ think the best course of action should be – But What My Lord says the best course of Action should be. Casting a vote for another Corrupt Politician in the House/Senate is helping along a process which Allah doesn’t sanction – What blessing can you possibly receive doing the exact opposite of what your Creator says? Think.

3. Mujahideen Ryder August 15th, 2006 at 11:12 pm

John D. Islam – you forgot to press Alt-F4

Please try again.

4. Anonymous August 15th, 2006 at 11:19 pm

Amir, I’ve got to be real with you on my opinons. I feel you are profusely biased. You report the stories and videos whenever you feel Muslims are being ostracized, but I never see any posts (it might be because I am not looking hard enough) when Muslims are the wrongdoers. Today I read an article about how it is believed that the plotters of the recent terror plans were taking funds that were raised to help victims of last year’s devastating earthquake in Pakistan. This to me in further condemnable that innocent Lebanese dying in a war. Stealing from your own brothers and sisters to blindly kill humans is about as great of a sin that I can think of. Yet I see no post about it.

In my opinion, in the end, it doesn’t matter what religion you are. In the end it matters what you have done not just to the people of your religion, but all humanity that exists on this holy Earth. I am not accusing you of justifying what the terrorists in England are doing, but I am accusing you of propagandizing headlines that are victimizing the Muslim community. I am accusing you of trying to get your friends to further your sentiment against all that threaten the security of Muslims.

The fact is that rising sentiments, even if they are in a non-voilent, peaceful protesting manner, is further conflict. In the end, I see God judging our heart. If there is hatred in our hearts, that is not good. There should be constant love to all – the brothers and sisters of our community and the enemy.

I suggest that we all get this hatred for Israel and whoever else out of our hearts. I suggest that we stop secretly cheering inside of ourselves everytime a Hezbhollah missle kills Israeli civilians. I suggest we purify our heart, so that when we are judged, we can show that we are indeed loving characters. To do this, we must try to look at all actions with an unbiased mind.

~I wish to remain Anonymous because
      1) I don’t know you really well (I still read your blog because I consider myself politically active)
      2) I don’t want people who disagree with what I am saying to judge me in any bad manner (call me a coward)

5. Mujahideen Ryder August 15th, 2006 at 11:33 pm

You missed a really great post I had up (but taken down on the order by my mom) about Muslim extremists. You are right though, I am a little bias.

But here are some posts that reflect what you may be talking about:
      The Problem isn’t Islam but with wackos
      Clash of the uncivilized: insights on the catroon controversy
      Tackling Extremism: the Doha Debates

And the post that I was talking about that I had to take down, I wrote an apology for posting it up, but I still said there was truth in my opinion of the deleted post:

Open apology regarding the extremist Salafi post

I am in the process of writing a special post condemning the ideology of these Muslim extremists.

6. Abu Yusuf August 16th, 2006 at 12:21 am

You are calling all that read your blog to go out and vote. That is great, but I would recommend providing authentic sources that shows clearly the permissibility for us to go and vote, especially in system that totally contradicts the base of our Aqeedah.

If you can provide those sources then, yes I will vote and advocate voting. But if you cannot then you are responsible for all those that heed your call and go vote.

I’m not question the haram or halal-ness of voting, but on the day of judgment none of us would have the option to “Press alt-F4”

Also just a reminder, in the 2000 presidential election nearly 3.2 million Muslims turned out for vote and 65 percent voted for President Bush.

In a post-election survey of American Muslim voters conducted by the Washington, DC-based Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), one of the nation’s largest grassroots Muslim advocacy and civil rights groups, nearly three-quarters of respondents indicated that they had voted for Texas Governor Bush. Of these, 85 percent noted that the endorsement of Bush by the American Muslim Political Coordinating Committee Political Action Committee (AMPCC-PAC) was a factor in their vote. In this survey of 1,774 voters, 72 percent of Muslim respondents said they voted for Bush, 19 percent supported Green Party candidate Ralph Nader, and only 8 percent favored Vice President Al Gore. Muslims, therefore, became the only bloc vote for Bush.

7. Sister August 16th, 2006 at 1:17 am

If we don’t vote, then another corrupt politician will be in government anyhow. If we chose the ones with the closest Muslim views then maybe we can do something. And Abu Yusuf, many voted for Bush because he was against a Jew. That’s why. So many masjids said, “Don’t vote for the Jew.” So many urged voting for Bush.

However, I will go look into the fiqh position of this now. I should check these things out.

8. Sister August 16th, 2006 at 1:20 am

This one ^^ is more pertinent.

9. Mujahideen Ryder August 16th, 2006 at 1:23 am

Abu Yusuf on August 16, 2006 at 12:21 am said:

You forgot to say Bush was running against a Jew (Liberman) who supported Israel. If that was the case, Palestine would probably have been wiped out and the Lebanese war would still be going on.

The Significance of Voting in the Light of the Sharî’âh

10. ... August 16th, 2006 at 1:45 am

you live in this system, how will anything change if you don’t take the steps?; and if we ever want people with our beliefs to start running we need to build a better Muslims bloc, and that can’t happen if we just sit home and complain about it and not voting to change it.

11. Mujahideen Ryder August 16th, 2006 at 1:53 am

Fatwas saying voting is permissible

SunniPath.com:

IslamQA.com:

IslamOnline.net:

12. Yaser August 16th, 2006 at 6:25 am

I know Sh. Haddad has an interesting piece on this issue somewhere. Maybe somebody linked it and I missed it.

13. Saif-ul-Islam August 16th, 2006 at 7:24 am

Assalaamualaikum,
      Coming from the UK, I think that you should watch the following: http://www.mpacuk.org/content/view/2017/1/ it is a program (called Operation Muslim Vote) made for Channel 4 in the UK, and is about the efforts about a group called MPAC (Muslim Public Affairs Committee). But seriously though, we have to vote to make a difference, and those 65% who voted for Bush, then start talking to them and explain to them who they are voting for, plus the video offers some good ideas.

Fiamaanallah,
      Raza

14. jinnzaman August 16th, 2006 at 10:41 am

Assalamu alaikum

May this reach you in the best state of health and iman. Ameen.

Can anyone of you who oppose voting prove that its haraam? Please give the opinions of a mujtahid or a scholar qualified to give fatwa. Which ‘Ulema have stated that voting is not permissible?

I have spoken personally with a scholar who studied under Mufti Taqi Usmani and he gave a fatwa on the permissibility of voting so long as their is a clear benefit for Muslims or a harm to be avoided.

Also, with regards to the voting for Bush debacle, this was due to the immaturity of our leaders and not the voting process itself. This project is different because we are going to thoroughly research each candidate and contact them to let them know what our position on various issues are.

If anyone is interested in helping, please e-mail me at kzaman1@umbc.edu.

masalama

15. unscriptedunedited August 16th, 2006 at 12:41 pm

Assalamualaikum…

I appreciate the fact that you are urging Muslims to learn about the issues and vote. We need more of this type of advocacy.

The brothers/sisters who claim that voting is haram or goes against our interests…then what do you think paying TAXES is?

Your tax dollars are going to Israel to bomb Lebanon and Palestine back to the stone age.

Your tax dollars are funding the bombing and killing of innocent civilians in Iraq.

Now…if you want to change the status quo, only means of doing it here in the U.S. is by voting.

If you really believe voting is haram, then first stop paying taxes because your tax dollars are doing a lot more harm to muslims in Iraq/Lebanon then your going out to vote will ever do.

wasalam

16. Samir August 16th, 2006 at 12:58 pm

Assalam Alaikum,

May Allah destroy the Munafiqeen and those who “sit back” (for Jihad fe Sabeelillah) and have no excuse. Ameen. They are part of the cause of why this Ummah is being degraded and dominated because of their following of the WAYS of the Jews and Christians. Allah and His Messenger spoke enough and spoke the Truth.

Samir

17. John D. Islam August 16th, 2006 at 1:09 pm

I never said voting is haram if you read. Just that it won’t do any good if your aim is to instate a politician who will “work” for muslim interests.

He may throw you a bone now and again,(which I’m sure many will be more than satisfied with) or pacify you with false promises. But I think most are missing the forest for the trees – take a look at the not so subtle attacks on Islam by world leaders, take a look at the blatantly obvious support for defamation of our Prophet, the sleight of hand tactics of entering a War killing hundreds of thousands, the decimation of Muslim civilians – with the pre-text of the worldwide threat of terrorism.

When the agenda is driven by the ones who hold the most financial and military might, what do you propose a congressman will do? In foreign policy – nothing. Domestic – maybe a vote in the favor of protection of freedoms. But in case everyone was sleeping the last two elections, the legitimacy of voting in this country has taken a highly dubious turn(For those in the know, it definitely wasn’t the first time). Pin your hopes on something which is worth placing your trust in – Allah. Democracy as we know it today is a sham. Power brokerage is the name of the game. The rest is all pretty colors. They’re not even that pretty anymore.

18. EagleOne August 16th, 2006 at 1:09 pm

unscriptedunedited on August 16, 2006 at 12:41 pm said:

Assalamualaikum…

wasalam

U.S. is bombing innocent civilians in Iraq? hmm, i didn’t know its our policy to do that – if any civilians die, it’s collateral damage while we are trying to stop your fellow muslims who are intentionally strapping bombs to themselves and blowing up the innocent muslim civilians PURPOSELY! why do you not see this?

Tax dollars so Israel can bomb lebanon? Hezbollah started the conflict – did you forget this? If someone was bombing your neighborhood – would you fight back?

19. Nadia August 16th, 2006 at 1:18 pm

According to some of you vote is haram. I’m not of this opinion. We are muslims citizens living in foreign land, and then, when there are elections we can make the difference. Not to vote it is to guarantee and to make nothing, and according to me is a totally stupid act.
      Read unscriptedunedited’s post, a really interesting and insightful post.

Salam alikoum

20. Rashad August 16th, 2006 at 2:24 pm

Some relevant responses from Sh Gibril Haddad:

>(1) concerning the Muslim rulers: can so-and-so be called kaffir based on his non-implementation of shar`ia and his allowing of riba and other anti-Islamic laws.

Yazid drank wine and killed dozens of sahaba; he was not called a disbeliever but dissolute and depraved, i.e. fasiq.

>(2) “So-and-so’s non-implementation of shar`ia goes to show that whilst he has the ability to implement this law, he is denying it by not implementing it in the holy lands of Hijaz.” Is this a valid statement?

No, it is invalid both logically and legally.

>(3) where do we stand with regards to voting in a government which is responsible for the bombing of Islamic nations such as Iraq, Afghanistan and others. Does voting in itself constitute shirk or kufr for we are voting in a man-made system and kufr laws?

Voting in a man-made system and kufr laws no more constitutes shirk or kufr than obeying man-made traffic laws in the same system. More than that, if voting empowers one to promote the lesser of two evils than it is an obligatory act according to the Shari`a.

>(4) where do we stand with regard to court hearings and arbitration and judgement ‘according’ to kufr law?

The same place we stand with regard to righteously and lawfully promoting right and truth everywhere inasmuch as we can.

>(5)’Following the law of the land,’ – to what extent do we obey such a statement?

To the extent countenanced by the Shari`a, which recognizes [1] the validity of non-Muslim laws, especially those which are based on heavenly Scriptures, and [2] the fact that “the law of the land” is motivated by the protection of populations from inequity and crime.

>(6) Are we living in dar al-Harb?

Shaykh Muhammad Afifi al-Akiti confirmed to me the view that at the present time there is nowhere on the face of the earth a declared state of war between any two respectively Muslim and non-Muslim states.

>(7) The hadith, ‘one who dies without pledging alliegence to the khaleef dies a death of ignorance,’ is presented by these groups to show that the muslim masses are in a state of jahiliyya for they do not giving bayah to their khaleef. What is the tafsir on this from a scholarly perspective?

The meaning of this hadith according to the Salaf and the Ulema is “one who dies without recognizing the caliph to whom the Jama`a of the Muslims have pledged their loyalty” such as in the case of the Khulafa al-Rashidin, the Jama`a being defined as the Sawad al-A`zam i.e. the masses of the Muslims. There is neither such caliph nor such jama`a in our time.

>These ideas, as extreme as they appear, have a significant hold on people. So much so that stealing from non-muslims has been declared as halal under the concept that the lands of UK and US are dar ul-Harb. Fraudulent transactions have been legalised under their law in the name of ‘Islam.’

Such are thieves who are passible of the full brunt of the law, as well as depraved innovators if not kuffar for misrepresenting the haram as halal and vice-versa.

>Somebody needs to stand up and defend the pure and pristine deen brought to us by sayyidina Muhammad (alahimus salam) but how is this possible with the lack of scholarship in these lands.

“Somebody”? Rather, every person of sound mind and belief. It is just another false notion that one needs to be a scholar to stand for what is right, while the rest scratch their heads before sheepishly joining the line that ends at the slaughtering-block.

Moreover, a Muslim in a non-Muslim state, in the eyes of the Shari`a, is never more than a guest even if he is a voting, tax-paying, and even a born citizen in the eyes of that state.

Since before the fall of the Ottoman Sultanate, politicized Muslims, accross the spectrum from modernists to purists, have consistently preferred to adopt unislamic strategies of power politics rather than what the Shari`a commanded. Any call to a return to Khilafa by the very products of those philosophies is a masterpiece of hypocrisy.

Was-Salam,

gibril

21. shab August 16th, 2006 at 2:37 pm

Anonymous, i personally would think twice b4 quoting western media when it comes to muslims-i dont know how true it is when they say that they used earthquake funds to conduct their evil plot.

“The fact is that rising sentiments, even if they are in a non-voilent, peaceful protesting manner, is further conflict. ”

Explain?

22. h.ahmed August 16th, 2006 at 4:00 pm

Refuting the Argument Against Participation in American Politics
      SB Minaret, Issue II, Volume IV; October 2004

23. Sister August 16th, 2006 at 4:10 pm

“collateral damage”- STUPID EUPHEMISMS.

There is no such thing. Sorry. And killing Iraqi civilians with “precise weapons” is appalling. You can’t justify that.

And Hebzollah started it? Regardless of if you believe that or not, what is going on now? Are the Israelis justified in how many people they’ve killed. Is that collateral damage? Are you kidding me?

The weapons Israel has and is being supplied by the US are far superior than the ones Hezbollah has. Yet you’ve killed more civilians than they have. They’ve killed some SOLDIERS and some civilians. But the majority of the Lebanese killed are children, women, and innocents. What about that? How come the US isn’t fair in its politics? They pretend like they’re all for diplomancy but here we are aiding the killing of innocents in blatant vilation of treaties and bans we’ve signed. Good job.

24. randominity. August 17th, 2006 at 8:45 am

In fact, following on to wat ‘sister’ said above, out of the 60 who died on the Israeili side, around 40 were soldiers; Whilst out of the 900 Lebanese killed in this 4-week conflict…around 900 were civillians.

yeah, collateral damage.

25. EagleOne August 17th, 2006 at 9:28 am

hezbollahs were firing rockets at civilians for months before the soldier was kidnapped.. explain that?

Civilians die in lebanon because of the gorilla tactics they use, they fire their rockets from residential areas, just like in iraq when they hide in a mosque but then cry when the mosque is damaged.

Please, take a look at what these apes are doing to your religion. You the so-called moderates will pay the price when islam is defamed for the next 100 years as it has been already.

Continue to let them kill in the name of your God Allah.

You will pay the price. The everyday muslim.

Look at yourself – you are rationalizing for HEZBOLLAH! a terrorist regime!!

Do you also side with al-qaeda? I bet you would defend their cause, I don’t even have to ask.

26. Sister August 17th, 2006 at 1:34 pm

Actually EagleOne, you should ask. Because otherwise you’re propogating the stupid nonsense seen on TV by jumping to conclusions.

Yes, people are tarnishing the name of Islm. However, I am not rationalizing for Hezbollah. You are rationalizing “collateral damage.” There is none. If a Muslim killed a bunch of civilians and claimed it was “collateral damage” I’d jump right on the bandwagon and tell them it was unIslamic. You cannot kill innocents. Period. So please don’t make these conclusions about us.

The “moderate Muslim” is trying to show people Islam but is met with people who are increasingly unwilling to listen. What would you like us to do? Please tell me. No one is siding with al-Qaeda here. We just hope you can open your eyes to see the wrongs on both sides. Yes, BOTH. Not to be pigeonholed into a one sided view of the world. You’re right, Muslims shouldn’t be strapping bommbs to themselves. Just like Israeli snipers shouldn’t be shooting at innocents. And don’t tell me I’m wrong. Besides what I read in the media, I KNOW someone it happened to. He was shot in the head. Luckily, the sniper was a bit off.. And he didn’t DIE. Otherwise he would have. And maybe you’ll get tired of this, but Rachel Corrie? A non-Muslim? Plowed over while wearing a bright ORANGE jumpsuit?

Is that justified. Yes, if someone is bombing your neighborhood, you should fight back. But now what about Lebanon? Torn to pieces? Corpses everywhere? The Israeli defense is far more powerful than those rockets Hezbollah fires. You know, it’s kinda like when those Palestinian kids throw rocks as Israeli TANKS? The tank is not even hurt. Possibly a scratch. But when that tank fires at something. It’s obliterated. Lebanon has been obliterated. By Israeli and US weapons. Justify that. What business does the US have over there? Condoleeza Rice descrives this as the birthing pains of a new Middle East. That’s just dumb. What chance does the Middle East now have of living up to US expectations? Growing anger and hostility doesn’t help anyone.

27. sk August 19th, 2006 at 1:01 am

Eloquently said, “Sister”.
      To Eagleone: In some ways I agree with you. why many of the people who speak of all the killing in iraq fail to mention the “muslims” that are doing most of the killing baffles me. Yet your comments also lack.
      First off, Allah isn’t the name Muslim God. Allah is the arabic word for God, hence Arab Christians pray to “Allah”. Second, no discussion of Israel is complete without discussing the way it was concieved and the way it has expanded since 1967. As a patriotic American, i am sure you would stand up to fight anyone who would come here to snatch away manhattan or long island or wherever you happen to live, based on an agreement from lets say the UN. Now lets say that whatever area they took consisted of 60% of your country. what would you do as you were kicked out and witnessed another family live in your home. Docilely continue living in the refugee camp they set up for you? Honestly ask yourself.
      Having said that, current circumstances also need to be taken into account. throwing missiles haphazardly (4000 rockets fired, 40 civilans killed, they dont seem that accurate) into Israel will not solve anything, and fighting for fightings sake doesnt make sense. but your justification of israels killing is also flawed. if israel knows that hezbullah hides among the civilian populace and they also know that aerially bombing an area to smithereens only might destroy a little part of hezbullahs capability, isnt it their obligation to find a more prudent way of fighting? if they continue to fight in the same way, does their form of fighting have any higher moral authority? as someone else said, collateral damage is just a word, if you fight with utter disregard of the collateral damage it is no longer collateral.
      anyway, let me know what you think about what i said.

28. Dusti August 29th, 2006 at 5:30 pm

MR,
      I am here out of curiousity concerning the moderate Muslim view on terrorism vs. Islam and the anti-American sentiment/hate we see so much of in much of the media (Al-Jazeera shows clearly what I am referring to). I have had probably more exposure to Islam, having lived in Pakistan for 18 months, than most non-Muslim-Americans..still, I’ve had less exposure than I would like to have to form a well-thought-out opinion come election day in 2008. I believe your article on the topic to be well thought out, it seems consistent with what I’ve read in the Holy Quran and I applaud you for it. I have a special place in my heart for the children of Abraham’s first born son, and I’ve taken a firm stance against those who judge the whole based on the actions of the statistically few, but I must confess that I too have wondered why the moderate Muslims (who are, by far, the majority) have not been more outspoken about terrorism contradicting the peaceful teachings of the Holy Quran. I believe that this is a cancer which only the body of Islam itself can wipe out, and that external fighting against radical Islam will be, at best, a temporary fix for the problem. I am a conservative American, and a Christian…part of the majority who vote in all elections in the United States, but I am not a single issue voter (too much is at stake to be so careless). I want justice for the many attack on American interests and Americans themselves (1993 and 2001 WTC attacks, 1998 embassy attacks, 1996 Khobar Towers attack, 1995 attack in Saudi Arabia, attack on USS Cole in 2000 for starters), but as much as I want justice, I want to know what prompted these people to become terrorists (or as they prefer the term, “freedom fighters”), and if possible, try and correct the problem(or problems) with my votes. I will never excuse or condone the actions of these men and those who supported their actions, but I want to do what I can as a non-Muslim to help secure a peacful co-existence between our cultures. I am one who supports our military (not the statistically insignificant bad apples who make the news) — as I am the wife of a military officer and one who can seperate the military from their elected leadership. They are doing what they’ve been instructed to do and they are keeping the oath they made when they joined the military, and they are doing what they can to find the silver lining in this dark cloud. To judge them when they have no control over the “boss” that the people of the US elected to lead them is very wrong. And this problem, this fight, has been brought to the United States long before President Bush (43) was in office, so blame cannot be placed solely on his shoulders for where we are. We can speculate about his motives for invading Iraq (Afghanistan is obvious), but we will never really know for sure…but we can know that the motives of the US military and our allies is pure. They invaded Iraq to free an oppressed and terrorised people from their “leader”, and now they are helping the people of Iraq to learn to live as a free people as they rebuild what has been torn down (by US/Allied military efforts to get Saddam and his sons, and more than that, by the intentional destruction of Iraq by “Muslim” radicals. It is a given that we should fix what we have broken, yes? And it’s only right that we should help the people of Iraq learn to live life without a dictator.

29. Mujahideen Ryder August 29th, 2006 at 7:02 pm

“…I must confess that I too have wondered why the moderate Muslims (who are, by far, the majority) have not been more outspoken about terrorism contradicting the peaceful teachings of the Holy Quran…”

it’s very simple. the media doesn’t want to show us, or put Muslims that are against terrorism on TV, Radio or on the frontpage of news articles. Although this is very different abroad. In fact, when I was in Canada, this one major newspaper had a front page article written by a Muslim condemning terorrism by both extremist Muslims and the governments of Israel and America.

“…I want to know what prompted these people to become terrorists (or as they prefer the term, “freedom fighters”), and if possible, try and correct the problem(or problems) with my votes…”

there are many reasons why: destruction of there homes, family members killed, sisters/mothers raped, occupation of there land, and other things.

how to correct the problem? there has to be another way then war and randomly shooting any so called looking terrorist. the way the US goes about in finding terrorists is just by names and nothing else. that’s all they have is names, sometimes pictures, but not always. now as a Muslim, names can be very easily changed and mis interpeted and since a lot of the names are common, anyone can be a terrorist, even a 3 year old child named Osama. i’ll leave you with a beautiful quote for the solution of this worldwide conflict by shaykh Hamza Yusuf of the Zaytuna Institute: “the problem is not religion. the problem is the absences of religion.”

“It is a given that we should fix what we have broken, yes? And it’s only right that we should help the people of Iraq learn to live life without a dictator.”

the Iraq war could have been prevented. America could have killed Saddam very easily rather then invading the whole country. it is very clear what Bush and his administration wanted: Oil. The largest and most profitable business in the world right now is Oil, and the richest companies are the American owned oil companies, not the countries that supply them. the conflicts in the middle east is just an excuse to raise the gas prices.

why is it that no company or government funds heavily into researching in improving electric cars?

iraq war is a waste of american tax dollars and is killing american soldiers who are sacrificing there lives to fill the pockets of rich oil companies.