Dave Chappelle is glad he left TV

dave.jpgAs you most of you probably know Dave Chappelle is a Muslim, alhamdulillah. I really loved his show, but he stopped making shows and in the following article he says he’s glad of it. This is dawah right here.

What a quote for such a famous comedian and actor. May Allah bless Dawud Chappelle and continue to guide him to Islam. InshaAllah he’ll make some halal Muslim comedy. Hahaha.

Chappelle Says He’s Glad He Left TV Show

Dave Chappelle doesn’t regret his decision to walk away from a $50 million deal to continue his hit Comedy Central television show. However, he might miss the money.

Halting his “Chappelle’s Show” two years ago was “one of the best decisions I’ve ever made in my life,” the comedian said Tuesday while addressing the opening convocation at Central State University.

“Now, economically it makes no sense at all,” he added.

Chappelle, who lives near the southwest Ohio village of Yellow Springs, encouraged students not to compromise their values.

“It’s good to have a vision for your life, but your moral conduct and your moral code should be priceless,” he said. “You should just have some values that you just hold, that you won’t sell at any price.”

Central State’s marching band played before Chappelle’s hour-plus talk. The band was featured in the recent documentary “Dave Chappelle’s Block Party.”

Source: Chappelle Says He’s Glad He Left TV Show

• 8 Responses for "Dave Chappelle is glad he left TV"

1. Fabulous August 30th, 2006 at 3:10 pm

He was on the Oprah show just last week. I was waiting for him to say it..” I AM A MUSLIM.”
      but…he didnt. He said he quit the show because of all the stress ppl kept putting on him. And how they constantly wanted to change his style of comedy. So he left without telling anyone…basically ran away…

I dont really know what to believe though.
      Hopefully this is true.
      Allah knows best.

2. Mujahideen Ryder August 30th, 2006 at 8:56 pm

Fabulous on August 30, 2006 at 3:10 pm said:

I dont really know what to believe though.
      Hopefully this is true.
      Allah knows best.

He said it in a Time magazine interview

3. Luqman August 30th, 2006 at 9:08 pm

He’s always kept his faith on the down-low because he admits he doesn’t represent Islam well.

4. Luqman August 30th, 2006 at 9:08 pm

Sorry, I mean didn’t.

5. Imran Khan August 30th, 2006 at 10:43 pm

I personally met dave chapelle in a NY mosque we had dinner together, and he prayed isha, he missed the jamat tho….he was talkin to a shaykh about taking him on private jet for Hajj…Dave is definitely a Muslim, very humble man as well = )

6. Saimah August 31st, 2006 at 12:08 am

Yeah I saw him on Oprah too… Wonder why he didnt mention he was Muslim then since the whole world watches Oprah…And at the end he did say that under the right circumstances he would finish the contract that he had started with comedy central….so who knows whats next for him…

7. randy September 4th, 2006 at 11:51 am

Saimah on August 31, 2006 at 12:08 am said:

because he said in one interview that he dont want the perfect religion to be associated with his flaw. he just basically he dont want ppl to look Islam in a negative light due to some action he has done

8. Fatal Skillz September 5th, 2006 at 5:34 pm