To those who went to ISNA

Tell us all how it was. The good lectures and the amazing lectures! Comment away…

• 17 Responses for "To those who went to ISNA"

1. Hana Ahmad September 5th, 2006 at 12:09 am

it was pretty awesome. the ex-iranian president was there. i didnt get to hear his speech though.

2. OECD September 5th, 2006 at 6:54 am

WAAAAAT?!!? Ex-Iranian president!?!?! Omgosh!!! Bit of a bummer u werent there; i would’ve liked to hear wat he had to say!!??!

3. Mujahideen Ryder September 5th, 2006 at 9:52 am

Hana Ahmad on September 5, 2006 at 12:09 am said:

It must have been flocked with news reporters.

4. Hamzah September 5th, 2006 at 2:08 pm

Rocked.

5. Hana Ahmad September 5th, 2006 at 2:51 pm

it was more flocked with police. they blocked a lot of the roads and there was police cars everywhere. they had the bomb squad come check the premisis and i heard there were snipers along the roof somwhere. they said there was a 3000 person escort too. it was pretty crazy. oh and that guy from Supersize me and 30 days show…he was there too.

6. Ibraheem September 5th, 2006 at 5:09 pm

I heard Sheikh Hamza’s speach rocked

7. Hammad Din September 5th, 2006 at 7:30 pm

What was the content of the speeches? ( if they rocked they must have said somthing good?)

8. junaid from the bronx September 6th, 2006 at 10:47 am

I agree, Shaykh Hamza Yusuf’s speech did rock, and it was really cool how the former president of Iran came.

for those of you that are interested in seeing some pics refer to this URL:

disclaimer: these aren’t just pics of ISNA, also of my friends and downtown Chicago.

9. shab September 7th, 2006 at 6:49 pm

i didnt see sheikh hamza yusuf’s name in speaker’s list? only sheikh abudllah adami and suhaib webb were listed-

10. Arifa September 7th, 2006 at 8:20 pm

Yea I was walking from the convention center to the hotel and we saw a SWAT van go into the back parking lot of the rosemont center. It was cool. Just like how u see in the movies except better. The guyz in black were jumping out with huge black guns. And a sister i know saw some snipers on the roof when she was in the skywalk. They got freaked out and ran lol. But I’m not a great fan on Humza Yusuf’s so i just didnt bother going to any of his lectures. I did go to one of Imam Suhaib Webb’s though. It was great! He really got people thinking.

11. Mujahideen Ryder September 7th, 2006 at 11:50 pm

Arifa on September 7, 2006 at 8:20 pm said:

Interesting. Shaykh Hamza and Imam Suhaib are very much alike, mashaAllah.

12. Hana Ahmad September 8th, 2006 at 5:47 pm

the late night event 1 am till fajr at doubletree with Imam Suhaib Webb was awesome. beatboxing and all.

13. Munzareen September 8th, 2006 at 8:53 pm

1) Because of security concerns Muhammad Khatami couldn’t speak in front of us. He was on a tape with a translator.
      2)The late night event wasn’t at the DoubleTree it was at the Hyatt.. but I gotta admit that kid got skills.. Like really, at first I thought it’d be corny, but he did have some skills…I mean, admittedly, I thought it wasn’t a late night dhikr kind of thing to do, maybe during the entertainment night or whatnot.. but he definitely woke me up.

14. Hana Ahmad September 10th, 2006 at 5:36 pm

they had it 2 nights. Saturday it was at the doubletree…on sunday it was at the hyatt.

15. moonsightingdebate September 11th, 2006 at 3:02 am

I head they distributed flyers against the ISNA Fiqh Council moon sighting decision at the convention. Did anyone get one?

16. huma September 19th, 2006 at 5:26 pm

Isna was AMazing, but i think they should calm down with the ticket prices, 90 dollars per person!?…theyr trying to get the youth to come…not run away!

17. Azeem September 21st, 2006 at 4:02 pm

I put notes from the Suhaib Webb Double Tree YM- Young Muslims ymsite.com event up on my blog