Native Deen Shines! 786 Boys Whines.

BBC news’s documentary entitled Boyz Allowed – The New Voices of Islam discusses the nasheed group Native Deen & the Muslim boy band, 786 Boys, trip to the UK for there concert. I never liked 786 boys from the beginning when I saw them at ISNA back in 2000 (or 2001? I can’t remember.). Native Deen rules! Hands down! I love Native Deen, even the old school MYNA Raps mix tapes they came out with. The video shows how 786 Boys weren’t allowed to perform and they were kicked out of the concert. I agree with the organizers. They would bring more fitna then good to the concert. I’ve seen the reaction of the sisters to them. That’s one reason why I never put there songs on the MR Radio, because I don’t agree with them at all. This is just my personal opinion.

Here is the video:

• 69 Responses for "Native Deen Shines! 786 Boys Whines."

1. saad omar February 17th, 2008 at 3:38 am

oh MR… i will never understand why you are such a hater! i may not be a fan… but
      come on man….dont be a jerk about it!

some of u guys are way too simplistic and judgmental.. do u want Allah to judge us the
      way we judge others? remember the hadith nawawi of speaking well or staying silent..
      this blog and many of its viewers should think of that!

saad omar

-saad

2. CamG February 17th, 2008 at 6:02 pm

I am not a fan of 786 but that was drryy of the organizers to make them come all the way from the U.S and then kick them out. As for sisters acting up in concerts ive seen it before and it gets pretty crazy to say the least so artists should remind people to have proper adab. I don’t think it really has nething to do with the way they look, because the native deen crew look good too, but rather their style,and attitude that makes them attractive to females.

3. Waqas Ahmad February 19th, 2008 at 11:51 pm

These women shouldn’t be going crazy over some boy band. It’s not very Islamic. The bands themselves might not be at fault, but it is what the people who LISTEN to their songs that is horrible. Parents need to teach their kids ADAB before letting them loose at some concert.

4. Waqas Ahmad February 19th, 2008 at 11:53 pm

also, people should know that if there is a mixed event, Muslims are not allowed to go. If they go, it is a SIN. No ifs ands or buts about it, look it up in the Quran and Hadith. On top of that, dancing is strictly forbidden in Islam unless the males/females are COMPLETELY separated. What happens at these concerts is definitely subject to be labeled Haram.

5. Tahmina A February 28th, 2008 at 3:35 pm

Come on bro, i see native deen move too much when they sing. The movements they make are almost like dancing. Regardless, i still listen to their nasheeds, because i take the benefit out of their lyrics and try learning it. But if your pointing your finger at the seven 8 six band, then you need to back yourself up with a more better view of native deen. I think that if seven 8 six get kicked out of some concert, equally, so sha’ll native deen. I met both bands and they all speak modestly and politely, none of the groups were flashing about. So either hate both bands or none!!!

6. Tahmina A February 28th, 2008 at 3:38 pm

Come on, i see native deen move too much when they sing. The movements they make are almost like dancing. Regardless, i still listen to their nasheeds, because i tlike taking the benefit out of their lyrics and try learning it. But if your pointing your finger at seven 8 six, then you need to back yourself up with a more better view of native deen. I think that if seven 8 six get kicked out of some concert, equally, so sha’ll native deen. I met both bands and they all speak modestly and politely, none of the groups were flashing about. So either hate both bands or none!!!

7. Sanam March 30th, 2008 at 6:51 am

the women should be modest. 786 guys are motly like westners. they just sing islamic nasheeds but the other things are all like the westeners. i prefer sami yusufand native deen. they are more polite tha nthese stupid 786. they all are also doing it for their popularit yamong girls.

8. S April 5th, 2008 at 9:04 pm

Oh wow i cant believe people had issues with 786 performing :s .. girls screaming for guys.. and that going as far as the band boys should get married? OK. I think they have to establish themselves first. i dont think the Prophet PBUH meant that every man or woman who is not ready – financially, emotionally, mentally and many more reasons- to get married only because they should fear some thoughts that are normal for every human being.

And making statements like that 786 would have created issues only because they are – good looking or cute to some girls- causing fitna and all that stuff- give everyone a break. Lets not forget the media we are surrounded with, guys- girls parents, everyone watches tv. i am sure there is more to that then a few boys performing. Anyways i hope ppl stop thinking narrowly and try to see that islam is suppose to be integrated in your daily life-without extremes.

9. John, Paul, George, Ringo and Omar | MuslimMatters.org May 28th, 2008 at 9:06 am

[…] good-looking, they’re young, and they’re masculine. There’s an interesting blog post here that addresses how Seven8Six exerts a somewhat un-Islamic influence. The post includes a response […]

10. Muslim Brother August 16th, 2008 at 2:44 pm

to all those who are saying repeatedly that music is haram, please visit this site:
      im not trying to change your mind, your opinion is yours but dont go forcing your opinion on others

I think 786 and native deen and all the other muslim artists out there are doing a great job

Salams

11. sumaya October 12th, 2008 at 8:32 am

i was really disapointed to hear that 786 could not perform but hey inshallah they will ne able to next time.
      just like to say that all the 786 guys(muhammed saadullah,muhammed saeedullah,zafar,omar and shaabab) in the future become what they want to do and inshallah they will do great in the future with there singing and their work and jus like to say make dau for me saad so i can get a gorgous voice like you coz i loveeeeee singing just like you all.
      sumayyah.

12. Not a Shirk-o-holic October 13th, 2008 at 9:36 am

not that anybody cares for my comment, but why do you all care so much about “Muslim Music” – by far they are the most commented posts on this blog. It’s really sad – it shows where the priorities of the youth are today.

I’m not a shirk-o-holic – but the sheer weight of the comments above this one shows exactly why the majority of muslims are too weak in the deen to be listening to “muslim music” or any music for that matter – are so intoxicated by it that they argue with each other harshly because of it.

And on that note i have to agree with yvonne ridley, however i completely disagree with the manner in that she replied to sami yusuf and azhar usman. She had valid points, but she had not reason to ridicule them in such a way – and what really hurt me was the way she defended it by saying ” Im a reporter – it’s my job to get a reaction” – but we should remember that at least she is a person who chose to become a muslim – and that is enough for me – alhamdulillah.

The point here is this – muslims should be soft towards eachother, instead we are not only hard towards eachother by arguing and verbally defecating, but for the IDOLS we’ve taken as “Muslim Musicians” or w/e you want to call them. That is serious shirk. Think about what you’re doing. THe majority of muslims are not mature enough to listen to muslim music.

and astukhfirullah – i can’t believe the first comment about the 786 boys was this : “they do perform Muslim music and they are being critisized because they are cute???”

to what point have we the youth digressed if we can openly say things like that.

13. sumaya October 24th, 2008 at 7:14 am

jus like to say has any11111 got any good info on 786 eg e-mail address number anything useful please e-mail it to me on sumayyah.yusuf@hotmail.co.uk jazakallah.
      i hope inshAllah, 786’s lyrics will improve and their ways of calling people 2 islam too.
      I wish them all the best for the future, muhammed saadullah (Saad)inshAllah hope u do well in dentistry and extraa luck for u cuz i luv ur singing and tabla “make dua for me that i can sing like u ameen”.,Shahaab i hope wrk @ the ford company is well,Omar i hope law school prep is well,Zafar good luck with ur medical research stuff and muhammed saeedullah (Saeed)i wish u all the best in u persuing ur medical career!
      wish u guys all the best for the future ameen.

14. sister January 29th, 2009 at 6:40 am

i jus wana say some people dnt hv repect i lv all nasheds thy gv msgs out i lyk 786 nasheeds alot

15. sister January 29th, 2009 at 6:41 am

i lyk 786 nsheeds

16. sumaya January 30th, 2009 at 10:31 am

i hate any1111 dat h8s 786 i mean shahaab iz ma big bro n if any11 h8s him i h8 them lyk shit and da band membas r soooooooo sweet and nyc to me they luv me as der own little sista mwaah luv you shahaab baiyah

17. Sara October 8th, 2009 at 8:37 am

I can’t believe they never allowed 786 to even enter the venue. I’m a huge fan of SEVEN8SIX and love their music. I bet if they were all married and extremely unattrractve then they would have definitley been allowed to perform. There’s not much of a difference between Native Deen and Seven8Six apart from the fact that all the group members of Native Deen are married. 786 were treated extremley discourteously, especially seen as they had come all the way from America. I wish them all the best for the future and hope they NEVER give up performing!

18. Sumaya(AKA Sehar) November 1st, 2009 at 7:16 am

i’d like to add another thing…, Saad Muhammad i married now the guy from 786 who alwaysz playsz the tabla…, so please i beg 786 never 2 give up singing

19. Newseum- Old Articles « Truth Investigator January 26th, 2010 at 4:33 pm