Mawlid at Zaytuna with Shaykh Hamza and Imam Zaid – Audio Only

• Filed under: Audio, Islam
  • Date: Apr 3,2007 | 09:02 AM

Amazing! A brother takes shahada at the beginning. Wallahi, wallahi I love Shaykh Hamza Yusuf and Imam Zaid Shakir for the sake of Allah. I love Zaytuna Institute.

Aprox. length: 1 hour with 2 lectures. First one by Shaykh Hamza and the second by Imam Zaid.

Note: For the Mawlid haters.

• 15 Responses for "Mawlid at Zaytuna with Shaykh Hamza and Imam Zaid – Audio Only"

1. nuh ibn zbigniew gondek al kitab April 3rd, 2007 at 2:33 pm

As salaam alaikum.

Subhan’Allah!

Jazakallahu khairn for sharing this post. I’ll listen to all of it tonight at home.

Ma’as salaama,

nuh ibn

2. mehnaz miraj gibson April 3rd, 2007 at 6:49 pm

Salam,

MR…Inshalla I will listen. and once again thank you for helping me learn and grow..may Allah reward you for your unselfishness.

3. shab April 3rd, 2007 at 9:32 pm

Even Though, i dont celebrate Mawlid..but loved the lecture and Sheikh Hamza Yusuf…

4. unknown April 3rd, 2007 at 10:54 pm

The original post of this Mawlid included beautiful recitation of the Quran, beautiful recitation of the Burda & other Nasheeds, and ended with the Adhan/Iqama. I do not know why this was removed.

5. ali April 4th, 2007 at 12:43 pm

unknown on April 3, 2007 at 10:54 pm said:

yeah i heard that there were nasheeds/burda/recitation as well .. is that still available anywhere? would love to hear it.

6. Shazan April 4th, 2007 at 7:37 pm

Very nice!
      I loved the part about the guy who worships for 500 years without disobeying…
      Had’nt heard that story before… SubhanAllah!

7. Ibraheem April 4th, 2007 at 8:37 pm

Vive Zaytuna!

8. shab April 5th, 2007 at 10:13 am

hey upload this lecture on ur site by hamza yusuf
      Sheikh Hamza Yusuf – Elements Of Success
      its on youtube- its his besttttttt lecture everrrrrrrr

9. 1MuslimNation April 5th, 2007 at 2:32 pm

Salam brother,
      you seem to be a fan of Hamza Yusuf but some people don’t like him. They say he’s a US agent. What do you think about this accusation?

10. Mujahideen Ryder April 5th, 2007 at 2:51 pm

1MuslimNation on April 5, 2007 at 2:32 pm said:

Salam brother,

That is the most idiotic statement I have ever heard. First of all, if any Muslim was to work with the US, they would probably disguise themselves as an extremist jihadi pro-Osama etc. just to get info on Muslims who have the same beliefs and then turn them in. Shaykh Hamza Yusuf does not work for the government.

May Allah forgive the brothers and sisters who made the accusations. Ameen!

11. 1MuslimNation April 6th, 2007 at 1:14 pm

Salam brother,
      yes it is idiotic no doubt.

but you say “irst of all, if any Muslim was to work with the US, they would probably disguise themselves as an extremist jihadi pro-Osama etc. just to get info on Muslims who have the same beliefs and then turn them in.”
      I disagree. The best way to destroy anybody would be to get into the mainstream and act to subvert the mainstream like making haram things halal and issueing fatwa’s to that effect. I think Shiekh Hamza Yusuf can fit in this very nicely.

12. Mujahideen Ryder April 6th, 2007 at 2:06 pm

1MuslimNation on April 6, 2007 at 1:14 pm said:

Salam brother,
      yes it is idiotic no doubt.

LOL, now i know you don’t live in the US. you need to read American history. this is what the government does. with germany, with russia, with the south american countries, chopping up the middle east.

13. 1MuslimNation April 7th, 2007 at 12:14 pm

LOL, I never claimed to be living in america. I am from Sri Lanka.

but seriously, what I say is they can use our Muslim leaders to spread fitna among Muslims. e.g. See the Saudi and Egypet sheikhs who issue fatwa’s saying it is against Islam to fight with Israel because they are Jews blah blah, blah.

14. Mujahideen Ryder April 7th, 2007 at 12:54 pm

1MuslimNation on April 7, 2007 at 12:14 pm said:

LOL, I never claimed to be living in america. I am from Sri Lanka.

Sh. Hamza hasn’t said anything like that. Sometimes there is hikmah or wisdom to why scholars pass the fatwas they do. I don’t know he shuyukh of Egypt and Saudia. I haven’t seen or heard that fatwa so I won’t comment on it.

15. AlbanerderGrosse July 28th, 2007 at 4:19 pm

as Salaam Alaykum!

Brother leave such talk to decadents! The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said do not be overly suspicious beause it is haram.

If you have reason to doubt or speculate then put your trust in Allah (subhana wa t’ala) because Allah (subhana wa t’ala) disgraces and exposes all imposters. He is our Protector. Your speculation might only bring harm instead of good in the end, although your niyaa might be good so please beware!

But let me assure you Sh. Hamza Yusuf is not an imposter because he is a voice of dissent in this country and actually fights the mainstream American life whilst at the same time correcting the majority of Muslims who have become wayward in many ways.

He has also founded a school like no other to educate Muslims and preserve our Islamic identity for the LONG RUN. You see, that is why you will notice Sh. Hamza thinks in the long-run and not the short and then his critics who are thinkers of the short run might say “he makes haram hallal”. For starters, those who digest Islamic knowledge should know that “FATWA” is legal opinion and one can choose which to follow. So do not blame our great Shuyukh who might be Awliya. Allah (subhana wa t’ala) does not tolerate the denigration of Awliya. And what if…….?

Bottom Line: He has provided an immense service. Benefit of the doubt should be higher on a Muslim’s mind than speculation. Weigh the balance.

w’Allahu Alim!