Amazing Hadra [Audio]

• Filed under: Audio, Islam
  • Date: May 11,2007 | 07:15 PM

This has been the hottest track in my group of friends at SBU. So I decided to put it on my blog. Shout out to ‘Mo Sin’ for finding it here. I basically took the audio from the two videos and combined the inshad and the dhikr part. I cut out the desi stuff at the beginning and the dua at the end.

Download: MP3

My favorite parts start from these times:

• 4:10
  • 8:30
  • 16:30 – MAD HOT
  • 21:00
  • 24:35

• 16 Responses for "Amazing Hadra [Audio]"

1. aysha May 12th, 2007 at 2:18 pm

subhan’allah, that was amazing!

2. Danya May 12th, 2007 at 9:09 pm

Is there a way we can download this? Man, I can’t wait to get to Kharabsheh :)

3. Mujahideen Ryder May 12th, 2007 at 11:08 pm

Danya on May 12, 2007 at 9:09 pm said:

Is there a way we can download this? Man, I can’t wait to get to Kharabsheh :)

My fault. I forgot to put that up:
      Download: MP3

4. Danya May 13th, 2007 at 4:21 pm

Saaank ya :)

5. Ikhan May 15th, 2007 at 12:23 am

Sweet….I like it more as just an audio, i think video hadrahs are a distraction.

6. burgundy May 15th, 2007 at 8:18 am

Sorry, I felt like that just gave me a big headache.

How is that supposed to draw me closer to Allah? Something like prayer, or dhikr or reading Quran is so peaceful and spiritual. This is just weird. Drumming and loud singing, i can’t imagine or know that the sahabah did that?

Next thing you know, we wana dance around and say Allah Allah :0)? Wait..christians do that and they claim it gets them closer to Allah.

7. Mujahideen Ryder May 15th, 2007 at 8:45 am

burgundy on May 15, 2007 at 8:18 am said:

Sorry, I felt like that just gave me a big headache.

It’s not for everyone. If you like it, you like it. If you don’t, you don’t. It’s very easy, really.

Whatever brings you closer to Allah, do it.

Do you.

8. YoussefAlMasry May 15th, 2007 at 10:57 am

Mujahideen Ryder on May 15, 2007 at 8:45 am said:

Whatever brings you closer to Allah, do it.

Do you.

Br. Amir,

You were a little neglegant in your statement. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you didn’t actually mean to say “Whatever brings you closer to Allah, do it.”

OBVIOUSLY, that is NOT the case in Islam. I am sure you agree with me that any form of ibadah should have a sound grounding in the Quran and/or Sunnah. Otherwise, there would be no such thing called “Islam,” only each individual’s whims.

I realize this was likely an unintentional slip up; but you should acknowledge this error, nonetheless, in light of your large reader base.

Ma’Salama

9. Mujahideen Ryder May 15th, 2007 at 12:26 pm

YoussefAlMasry on May 15, 2007 at 10:57 am said:

Br. Amir,

Ma’Salama

You are correct. What I meant when I said that was. If praying tahajud brings you closer to Allah. Then do it. If reading Qur’an brings you closer to Allah, then do it. If listening to lectures by scholars brings you closer to Allah, then do it. Whatever brings you closer to Allah, just do it. Just as long as it does not contradict the qur’an, the sunnah, the shariah and what the scholars of ahlus sunna wal jammah have said in Islam’s 1,427-year history.

The dhikr in the audio of the file I posted brings me personally closer to Islam and Allah.

10. YoussefAlMasry May 15th, 2007 at 1:40 pm

Yeah, I figured that’s what you meant. W’Allahi, I was trying to call you out, just trying to watch your back ;-).

I mean, Allahu Alam. Someone might have read the statement, misconstrued it, then did something that you would have been held accountable for.

In any case, my comment was more of a general nature, and I honestly don’t know enough about the practice of dhikr (as dipicted in the hadra videos) to comment on it. Although I will say that, as Muslims, we should always put some effort into confirming that the acts of ibadah that we engage in are Islamically sound.

InshAllah I’ll leave it at that.

Walsalamualaikum

11. AbdelRahman May 28th, 2007 at 8:05 am

Subhan Allah, can I get a hadith describing the dhikr of the Prophet, or the Sahaba to sound like this? I think it’s important to ground practices in Qur’an and/or Sunnah before we automatically accept them as something cool to do.

Also, isn’t it interested how all of the dhikr/du’a we get from the Qur’an and Sunnah are full sentences…

Allahu-Akbar – Allah is The Greatest
      Subhan-Allah – Glory be to Allah
      Alhamdu-Lillah – All thanks/praise be to Allah
      Astaghfir-Allah – I seek forgiveness from Allah

…yet they’re chanting just the word “Allah” for a good minute or so at a time?

Just my thoughts.

12. Tamanna June 21st, 2007 at 7:29 am

hey thanx…. jazakilla

13. Tamanna June 21st, 2007 at 7:31 am

u got any other nice ones??
      lol….i dont really listen to them cuz i dont really know them if u got any other ones i’d be delighted to listen to them..

14. koowo July 1st, 2007 at 2:52 pm

???????????
      very good!

15. loveProphet October 18th, 2007 at 11:10 am

This article is very thorough and useful and informative on the topic with some proofs from Hadiths too:

See the http://www.marifah.net articles on raqs/hadra too.

16. Zayd January 25th, 2009 at 3:13 pm

Is this the hadra with Muhammad Yaqoubi and Tahir al Qadri? About a year ago or more, I saw a hadra on Youtube with Tahir al Qadri and Muhammad Yaqoubi……….The dhikr and rythm was very motivating. But now can only find shortened versions of it (and mixed with people attacking it or questioning it with text on the screen). Do you have the original full length video, I’m talking about the part especially from 29:30-39:00 or onwards to the end…but it that section which I recognise from the youtube video? jazak Allah khayran