I want to cry

• Filed under: News, Sad
  • Date: Aug 17,2007 | 10:50 AM

I wrote a whole post about this, but my mother told me to take it down, but I feel that this needs to be out there more. Why? Dua! We need to pray for these people. We need to get up at night and the early morning hours before fajr and pray! Wallahi brothers and sisters, I am serious. I want every single person who reads this to pray 2 rakat nafl and make dua any night that you are free and when you are in sijdah, make dua for these sisters, mothers, and daughters!

Sex For Survival – Al Jazeera English

Iraqi women: Prostituting ourselves to feed our children – CNN

“Say: O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah. for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”
[Az-Zumar, 39:53]

• 11 Responses for "I want to cry"

1. Haqq August 17th, 2007 at 1:11 pm

This story gave me goosebumps. :(

2. ali August 17th, 2007 at 3:22 pm

this is just sadness … “I discovered that honour is insignificant compared to the hunger of my children.” … that is a powerful statement.

there is no way i can relate to this, but this story reminds me of the Quran 65:2-3 .. And for those who fear Allah, He (ever) prepares a way out,

And He provides for him from (sources) he never could imagine. And if any one puts his trust in Allah, sufficient is ((Allah)) for him.

3. Khadija August 18th, 2007 at 12:01 am

ya i read this awhile back.
      May Allah ta3ala help them and bless them and preserve them. He only tests those He loves.

4. Yaser August 18th, 2007 at 12:37 am

I read this aw hile back as well. I wanted to cry and I felt all messed up. Ever since whenever I make an actual du’aa [more than rabbana aatina, and get up run cause I have to!] I always include them. Ya Allah, help them and keep us away from such trials, indeed you are the best of helpers.

5. S.A. August 18th, 2007 at 5:19 am

Where is the ummah? How much would it cost to care for a few people, for the Sake of Allah subhaanahu wata’aalaa? Are a few dollars more valuable to us than the honour of our sisters? I honestly don’t know how we sleep at night.

6. Humairah August 18th, 2007 at 3:16 pm

How sad that… we just sit, and read… and a few days later, read more news…, day after day,

Yet, we can’t bring about a change strong enough to make a difference in the lives of these sisters

May Allah (swt) protect us all… for sure we’re going to be asked about this

7. White Rose August 19th, 2007 at 1:28 pm

Ameen to all the duas. This is so sad and I feel digusted at the men who are buying and selling girls as sex workers to make money. I can’t imagine selling a child for food. I am surprised more Muslims are not sending food and clothing to Iraq. What ever happened to charity? Or is it exclusively for Ramadan. And it’s pathetic that women are not allowed to work. They (& the iraqi govt & the US) are forcing the women to become prostitutes and it’ll be on their heads, inshaAllah.

8. Alex August 19th, 2007 at 2:50 pm

Salaam ‘alaikum Sidi Amir,

you asked about this the other day, so here you go:

9. nural August 19th, 2007 at 5:42 pm

… Ya Allah, dissapointing. The non muslim are striving hard to find the truth bout Islam and revert into while these take-for-granted ppl throw it away…

This is the cause when ppl abuses the law of kalamullah and twist Al-Quran by their own free will! Nauzubillah minnal min zalik!

Zina is haraam… Urfi MArriage is HARAM!… Ya Allah pls save our ummah, ameen

10. Thomas Paine August 19th, 2007 at 8:10 pm

I’m really glad you put this up! This is a real issue that alot of people hate to confront. However it’s a taboo subject and the oldest profession for a reason. It’s such a a huge problem now in Iraq b/c of one douchebag president and a bunch of turd blossoms across the globe who would much rather talk about how evil jews are than confront the evil within! Good for you for putting the issue out there! Maybe some of these rump rangers will go easy on the arroz con pollo for a while and donate a little money (gasp!) to someone in real need! Maybe they’ll feel guilty over what’s happening in THIS world as opposed to just fantasizing like bearded little male schoolgirls about the glory of the NEXT world, all the while munching on some friggin arabic cheetos!
      I don’t like people who eat alot! That pisses me off!

11. ruh October 4th, 2007 at 2:09 am

the ummah will rise again! believe in Allah.