Basically, the title says it all. Shout out to MuslimMatters.org who wrote about it here and said:
The principal of Khalil Gibran International Academy, the yet-to-open “Arabic-themed” school in Brooklyn, Debbie al-Montaser (an Arab Muslim) resigned about a week ago under intense pressure from critics…
…guess who they replaced Debbie with? “The new principal of the city’s controversial Arabic-themed school is an ardent Zionist who considered moving to Israel, according to her former Jerusalem roommate.”
What you must do right now:
- Write to Joel Klein, the NYC Department of Education Chancellor, expressing your disgust at his department’s decision Use this link: http://schools.nyc.gov/webforms/chancellormessage.aspx
FYI, Klein is the same person who banned the director of Columbia University’s Middle East Institute, Professor Rashid Khalidi, from participating in a NYC school teachers’ training on the Middle East because of his criticism of Israel, and the one who approved a curriculum that grants graduate credit to NYC teachers who take a 30-hour course of study on Israel, written by the Israeli Consulate.
- Call the NYC Department of Education and speak to the Chancellor about it. Tel No. (718) 935-2000
- Most importantly, EMAIL & CALL DEBBIE ALMONTASER AND SHOW HER YOUR SUPPORT
Debbie contacts are: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: 718-643-8000
- See the summary and video of the influence of the Israeli lobby below.
- Buy the book on the “Israel Lobby”. It is only $15.60 and you get free shipping on Amazon.
- Make sure you spread the word about #4 and #5 to to your non-Muslim friends and aquaintances. Using a book by two American Professors is a little “easier” and you can’t be accused of bias!