I love Imam Suhaib Webb for the sake of Allah!

Alhamdulillah! Imam Suhaib Webb’s new article is much better. Check it out here.

Love this part:

For that reason it was a mistake to resign from Sunnipath. I will be contacting Sh. Faraz and hoping that, as I reach out my hand to his, as I’m sure, I will already find his waiting. Sunnipath is trying to move forward in developing a higher discourse, beyond the horrible nasty things that are going on amongst many so called religious people in our community. I support them 100% and encourage others to take advantage of their resources and benefit from them. Although, I must make this clear I differ with them on a number of major issues, I will forgo such differences to move forward and continue to foster a sense of unity. The same can be said of al-Maghrib, I don’t agree with everything they do or say, but will continue to work with both. Thus, inshallah, all is not lost.

May Allah preserve Imam Suhaib Webb.

• 20 Responses for "I love Imam Suhaib Webb for the sake of Allah!"

1. Munzareen August 23rd, 2007 at 11:03 pm

Alhamdulillah

2. yaser August 23rd, 2007 at 11:20 pm

Thumma Alhamdulillah. Much better.

3. Ahmed.A.A August 24th, 2007 at 2:17 pm

His not far from announcing where he really stands! may Allah (swt)guide him

4. BostonMuslim August 24th, 2007 at 4:09 pm

Wow,
      yesterday i was wondering what Sunni path had to do with all of this and now this. Subhana Allah. I hope God continues to guide him as we are all human beings and make mistakes.

5. abdul-karim al-hanbali August 24th, 2007 at 6:09 pm

There was nothing wrong with his last post. You people just got offended by the truth.

6. Ahmed.A.A August 24th, 2007 at 6:25 pm

abdul-karim al-hanbali on August 24, 2007 at 6:09 pm said:

i dont think i was offended , rather i find it interesting where he is standing at the moment, i thought he made a transition from one aqeedah to another but he somehow has given the impression that he chooses to support them both? which im amused about!

7. Ahmed.A.A August 24th, 2007 at 7:14 pm

wow the mujahideen ryder blog has become a place to exchange harsh comments lol! do you all no each other?

8. Mujahideen Ryder August 24th, 2007 at 11:02 pm

Real Hanbali – Get a life!

Abdul Karim al-Hanbali – Sorry about the idiot. Anyways you said there was nothing wrong with the post, but Imam Suhaib Webb said it himself he made am mistake. So if the own author said he made a mistake, how can you say there was nothing wrong? Allah knows best.

9. abdul-karim al-hanbali August 25th, 2007 at 12:18 am

Mujahideen Ryder on August 24, 2007 at 11:02 pm said:

Real Hanbali – Get a life!

He may think he made a mistake, but I still think he was entirely right in his first post.

10. muslim brother August 25th, 2007 at 3:04 am

he said it was a mistake to resign from Sunnipath. he never said that he is going back to “traditional” islam.

11. BostonMuslim August 25th, 2007 at 8:30 am

and that’s exactly why i was wondering what sunnipath had to do with it! i think they are great, especially for new muslims.

12. Mujahideen Ryder August 25th, 2007 at 11:27 am

Allah knows best, and Imam Suhaib knows what he’s doing. I don’t need to prove what he said. It’s right there on his blog. SunniPath is a traditoinal Islamic organization, so my common sense tells me, if he is working with them then he hasn’t left mainstream t-islam, just the extremist ones. Similarly to al-Maghrib, he disagrees with them but will work them inshaAllah, since they are the mainstream salafis, instead of the extremist ones.

Anyways let’s move on, we all need to do more important things, inshaAllah.

13. Luqman August 25th, 2007 at 12:30 pm

Imam Suheib is confused, very common with the Azharis. May Allah guide his mind, Ameen.

14. Samir August 25th, 2007 at 11:46 pm

I think Imam Suhaib is on a very clear path. Alhamdillulah.

15. aarij August 26th, 2007 at 12:16 am

Mujahideen Ryder on August 25, 2007 at 11:27 am said:

Anyways let’s move on, we all need to do more important things, inshaAllah.

yes, but like he says “Although, I must make this clear I differ with them on a number of major issues”

alhamdulillah, I feel he’s read some of the classical books of scholars from the first 300 years and found the truth. may Allah protect him. i really hope he’s in egypt for a few more years coz i’m planning on going there to study arabic and would love to meet him.

16. Ahmed.A.A August 26th, 2007 at 11:35 am

aarij on August 26, 2007 at 12:16 am said:

i have just arrived in egypt , he was here couple of days ago hanging around with few brothers i know from the uk he is fine and doing well , they sense he has changed and your right brother most likely he has found the truth!

and by the way i do reccomend you to come to study arabic here! its fantastic! and they also teach Hanabli fiqh here which a lot of brothers from the uk and america come here to study!

17. aarij August 26th, 2007 at 8:13 pm

Ahmed.A.A on August 26, 2007 at 11:35 am said:

akh, can u please click my site and leave a comment or something on my site…i need to contact bros with regards to coming there and studying..

18. concerned August 29th, 2007 at 11:20 pm

salam aleykum..

at one of the conferences here in my city..a sheikh from egypt by the name of Usamah al-qoosee..very knowledgeable man masha allah..anyway he said that in azhar they still teach books from the ashari manhaj..but the teachers always inform the students what contradicts the athar of the first 3 generations..but when it comes to exam time they would have to answer according to the books studied…i wanna know if that is true from the brothers who visit or study in egypt..

jazakum allah khair

19. Dre August 31st, 2007 at 11:57 am

Asalamu alaykum,

Usama al-Qoosee is a person of questionable character. This is not a mere rumor but the statement of the majority of scholars in Egypt. What he said is not true, al-Azhar is still very much ‘Ashari but respects both schools.

20. concerned September 3rd, 2007 at 12:49 pm

Jazak allah khair akhi Dre..
      could u post some of the statements the scholars said about usama al-qoosee…just to be on the safe side and that i dont judge the man with no basis or proofs..

salam aleykum