MR not going to ISNA (4th straight year)

• Filed under: Events, Islam
  • Date: Aug 30,2007 | 12:04 AM

A year ago, I posted MR not going to ISNA (again, 3rd straight year). Another year rolls by and I’m happy or sad to say I will not be attending this year’s ISNA convention. Maybe next year, inshaAllah.

InshaAllah, everyone who goes, should check out lectures by Sh. Faraz Rabbani. You can find out more about Sh. Faraz’s lecture schedule and SunniPath’s presence at ISNA here.

At the bazaar look out for Maniac Muslim, Phatwa Factory, Young Muslims, and halal rice krispy treats!

And lastly, someone comment and let me know how Sh. Hamza Yusuf’s lecture awakens the listeners, inshaAllah!

• 8 Responses for "MR not going to ISNA (4th straight year)"

1. Hamzah August 30th, 2007 at 11:18 pm

I won’t have a booth but I’ll be there inshAllah with new business cards. If any of you MR fans can find me I can give you some snazzy business cards. It might be a collector’s item one day. Okay they won’t be but whatever.

2. Safiya September 2nd, 2007 at 10:26 am

Salaam Alaikum,

Forgive me for asking this question in the wrong place, but could you point me in the direction of some voice only/ or accompanied with duff only nasheed artists.

I’m really trying to rectify my listening habits and I’d really like some pointers of some halal things to listen too.

P.S I know there is a difference of opinion on music, so I’m not condemming those who do listen to Music.

Jazak Allahu Khayran.

3. ali September 3rd, 2007 at 10:26 am

MR, here is a broadcast of some Isna lectures. Shaykh Hamza is at the end 😀 I really liked the part when he said Al Maghrib brothers and Zaytuna brothers need to unite as one (something along those lines.) Check it out!

Safiya on September 2, 2007 at 10:26 am said:

Salaam Alaikum,

Jazak Allahu Khayran.

PS Safiya, have you heard of the group called Shaam? Check: http://www.shaamgroup.com

4. Brother Dash September 3rd, 2007 at 7:56 pm

A Salaamu Alaikum,

Shaam, Ahmed Bukhatir, Shaheed AlKawn, Kamal Uddin, My CD (but I do spoken word not Nasheeds), A’ashiq Ar Rasul may have some percussion and voice stuff (but if you’re strict on “duff” only then not them). That should get you started. You can purchase the CD’s (and listen to samples before you buy) at http://www.nasheeds.com

Enjoy

5. Mahin F Islam September 4th, 2007 at 8:30 am

Amir,

ISNA is in Columbus, OH next year (my hometown). So swing by and we’ll show you a good time.

6. Mujahideen Ryder September 4th, 2007 at 9:29 am

Mahin F Islam on September 4, 2007 at 8:30 am said:

Amir,

Is this a sahih? Nice! MashaAllah! InshaAllah I’ll hit it up? Will it be in Cleveland?

7. Mahin F Islam September 4th, 2007 at 11:29 am

Mujahideen Ryder on September 4, 2007 at 9:29 am said:

Yeah, they announced it during ISNA this past weekend. Word on the street is that Dr. Muneer Fareed liked Columbus when he came in June and recommended it. Also, it was in Columbus in 1994 and 1995. BTW..Cleveland is 2.5 hours from Columbus, the conference will NOT be in Cleveland. For some reason, non-Ohioans think that Ohio is Cleveland and Cleveland is Ohio. You’ll be shocked to know that Columbus is the largest city in Ohio, bigger than Cincinnati and Cleveland.

8. Obaida Abdul-rahim September 4th, 2007 at 1:45 pm

Jazakallahu Khairan for the shout-out. Shame you missed out, though. It was good times, Alhamdulillah. Make sure you come next year, Insha’Allah. You don’t want to start a long streak like Lance Armstrong and then have people start saying MR never makes it to ISNA because he’s doping. That would just be unfortunate…