- Filed under: General
- Date: Sep 10,2007 | 08:23 AM
2nd Annual MR Online Qur’an Reading Competition
EDIT: Ramadan is over, thus the competition is now complete. Congratulations to those who completed the recitation of the Qur’an.
Ramadan will start in a week, inshaAllah. Like last Ramadan, I held a contest to see who can read the Qur’an first. So I’m officially starting this contest which will begin on the 1st day of Ramadan 2007/1428 and end on the last day of Ramadan 2007/1428. Check out last year’s standings here.
How do I join?
Simply comment with an anonymous name, nickname, your name, or whatever name you would like to go by. This name will be publicly desplayed a long with everyone else. If you have a website, blog or an organization you would like to represent or promote along with your name, just include that also.
Confused? Here is an example:
MR – mujahideenryder.net
(Note: Please enter a valid email address when you comment. Also make sure it is one that you check frequently.)
How does it work?
Very simple. You read the Qur’an. Keep track of the number of ayat (verses) you recite daily. Contact me and let me know how much you have done by emailing me, IMing me (if you have my screename) or calling me (if you have my number).
Who wins? And what’s the prize?
Everoyne wins, because everyone is rewarded with blessings from Allah! That is the prize. [Last year there was a surprise donated gift to the winner, who knows what this Ramadan will bring!]
- Anyone can join.
- You can use anonymous names or your real names.
- I will not reveal anyones real identity.
- Contest officially begins on the first day of Ramadan, whatever day that you start.
- No lying. If you lie, you got some serious issues with yourself.
- Recitation in prayer doesn’t count. You must actually read from the Qur’an during your free time when your not praying salah.
- You must read the Qur’an in Arabic only. (English doesn’t count towards the contest, but you should still read the English).
- You must calculate the number of ayat including Surah al-Fatiha which is 7 ayat.
- Only include the number of ayat you read from the front to the back. (Example: Do not include the number of ayat if you read Surah Yaseen every day or Surah Kahf every Friday. They do not count.)
- Holding the Qur’an in Taraweeh salah and following the Hafidh does not count.
- You must recite out loud or enough so that your lips are moving and your ears can hear. No silent reading or reading from you mind.
- I have the right to change the rules anytime I feel like to.
So join already! Here is a list of people who have joined already.