$1 US equal to $1.03 CA

• Filed under: News, Sad
  • Date: Sep 14,2007 | 03:25 PM

America’s economy officially sucks. According to Yahoo, $1 US dollar is equal to $1.03 Canadian currency. I wouldn’t be surprised if it drops below $1.00.

Have fun Canadians. You can now shop in the US and save lots of money.

I think I’m going to invest in a Tim Hortons franchise in New York.

tim-hortons.jpg

• 18 Responses for "$1 US equal to $1.03 CA"

1. Abdullah September 14th, 2007 at 4:05 pm

We win… eh!!!

2. Radeyah September 14th, 2007 at 4:46 pm

mmmmmm…..Tim Hortons!

3. Yaser September 14th, 2007 at 7:03 pm

You know the only solution right?
      Invade Canda

4. muslim sister September 14th, 2007 at 8:14 pm

Gotta love Timmy’s. Its like my second home haha

5. Fatal Skillz September 14th, 2007 at 9:55 pm

YES! we win:D

6. salma September 14th, 2007 at 10:11 pm

woooot!

7. Saad S. September 14th, 2007 at 10:32 pm

This is also one of the reasons why the US invaded Iraq.
      No not because the canadian dollar is almost the same as the US dollar, but because the US economy is no longer the best. It usually true that the country that has the best economy is usually the geatest super power of the world. US invasion of Iraq was to control the Energy/Oil Market in the middle east.

.50 British pounds = 1 US dollar
      .75 Euros = 1 US dollar
      1.1 Swiss Frank = 1 US Dollar
      1.2 Australian Dollar = 1 US Dollar
      7 Yuan (Chinese) = 1 US dollar // China’s economy is growing very fast. At the rate they are growing the will surpass the US’s economy.

8. Zaynab September 14th, 2007 at 11:30 pm

😀 aaww yeah!
      O my fellow Canadians, make du’aa that the dollars will be this closely matched around Eid time and then head down to the closes outlet mall across the border!

MR, thank you for the French sign, it feels like home.

9. American Muslim September 15th, 2007 at 3:38 am

Wow, interesting news. By the way, Tim Hortons rocks!!
      I always go there when I visit Toronto :)

10. Obaida Abdul-rahim September 15th, 2007 at 7:39 am

Dude. Obviously I’m feeling the strength of the motherland’s “Loonie Toonies,” but it’s Ramadan, this expatriate canuck is stuck in Florida and you put up a picture of Tim Horton’s, the nearest one of which is 732 miles away? Not cool, Akhi. Not cool.

11. fahad September 15th, 2007 at 10:48 pm

Salam,

Obaida, I too am an expatriate canuck in Florida, and miss Timmy’s dearly.

But gotta love the rising loonie though. Really helped when I saved up to go to medschool down here.

12. jinnzaman September 15th, 2007 at 11:40 pm

Assalamu alaikum

Haha, Amir, you are so awesome bro! I love your blog man.

May Allah (swt) grant you jannah. Ameen.

masalama

13. Adam September 16th, 2007 at 6:32 am

mmmm ice caps :)

14. AnonyMouse September 16th, 2007 at 8:46 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOT!
      Rock on, Canadian economy! Al-Hamdulillaah!

The only thing that really sucks is that for those unable to enter the United States, this news is agony. Especially when you’re an American-malls-addict.
      (Or so say the people I know, who fit the above category.)

15. Anwer September 17th, 2007 at 6:34 am

salam,

yeah…Canada’s like the only country I haven’t been to

from what I hear, I’m “missing out” on a lot

what’s up there anyway? (other than Tim Horton’s and maple trees?)

16. AnonyMouse September 17th, 2007 at 1:49 pm

Anwer:
      Beaver tails. Not REAL beaver tails… it’s a kind of dessert – fried dough w/ cinnamon and brown sugar. Mmmmmmmmmmm! You also get the salty version (sour cream and onion).

17. Din September 23rd, 2007 at 12:15 am

A strong Canadian dollar is not good for the canadian Manufacturing sector..i.e. more expensive for American clients…The Canadian dollar is strong becuase of the natural resources like oil and metals ores..etc..

18. US Economy is no longer #1 | MR's Blog March 15th, 2008 at 8:08 am

[…] have blogged about the economy a few times (here, here, here and here) over the past several months. Many people say, “Oh it will bounce back, this is […]