Accident Reflection

• Filed under: General
  • Date: Nov 6,2007 | 11:43 PM

All praise is due to God who spared my life today. I got into an accident today slamming into a minivan from behind. My car was completely totaled. Entire front was smashed in. Air bags came out and the windshield smashed. Alhamdulillah! I came out with no major injuries except I banged up my knee. Basically, it was at a traffic light, and the minivan in front of me stopped abruptly as the light changed red. I couldn’t stop in time and due to the rain and wet roads I skidded into the back of the minivan. Wallahi, it happened so fast, I couldn’t believe it. Alhamdulillah, I’m okay.

“Verily the knowledge of the Hour is with God. It is He who sends down rain….No one knows what they will see tomorrow. No one knows where they will die. Verily with God is full knowledge …” (Surah Luqman, Chapter 31, Verse 34)

Very deep ayah relating to my accident. It was raining this morning. They night before I had no idea this was going to happen. I obviously don’t know when I will die, but I came close to it this morning.

accent-totalled-11-6-07.jpg

• 22 Responses for "Accident Reflection"

1. MoSin November 6th, 2007 at 11:49 pm

crazy stuff….all that matters is that u made it out with minor injuries

2. Sulayman November 7th, 2007 at 12:27 am

Masha Allah, glad you’re OK.

3. Khadija November 7th, 2007 at 12:51 am

sub7anAllah

Alhamdulilah

4. MoSin November 7th, 2007 at 3:37 am

MoSin on November 6, 2007 at 11:49 pm said:

crazy stuff….all that matters is that u made it out with minor injuries

ONLY minor injuries is what i meant to say

5. hmm... November 7th, 2007 at 6:56 am

hope you are okay. Subhanallah.

6. Yursil November 7th, 2007 at 7:18 am

Salamu’alaykum,

Glad to hear you are ok, Alhamdulillah!

7. UmmZaid November 7th, 2007 at 8:16 am

Salaam ‘Alaikum

Subhan’Allah. I hope the other people were okay as well.

8. Mujahideen Ryder November 7th, 2007 at 9:05 am

UmmZaid on November 7, 2007 at 8:16 am said:

Salaam ‘Alaikum

Subhan’Allah. I hope the other people were okay as well.

The other people were fine. The minivan I hit was a Honda and it was a newer model. Probably 2006-2007. It only had a small dent and scratch on the bumper. Basically it was like driving into a tree.

MoSin on November 6, 2007 at 11:49 pm said:

crazy stuff….all that matters is that u made it out with minor injuries

Actually, I wouldn’t even consider it a minor injury. It’s basically a bump on my knee, like falling on the court while playing basketball.

9. me November 7th, 2007 at 10:31 am

subhan Allah. Alhamdu lillah you are Ok, may Allah protect us all, ameen.

10. ...... November 7th, 2007 at 1:44 pm

how did it settle?> did u have to pay the mini-van u hit? or the cops came and will be settled throuhg insurance?

My friend and i were in car last weekend and it was raining. She took hit a jeep in back and his bumper had a small dent..she didnt want insurance to get involved so she offered to pay for his damanges (she ended up paying him $325) and her car from front was completely damanged. alhamdulillayh no injury happened =)

11. Mujahideen Ryder November 7th, 2007 at 1:51 pm

…… on November 7, 2007 at 1:44 pm said:

The insurance is going to inspect my car and they will pay for the damages for the other car. We called the police and we both gave our information to the cops. The guy’s minivan was really strong, because all the bumper was scratched up.

But my car on the other hand is gone. The air bags alone are $1,000 a piece. The windshield is smashed. Also the seat belts are frozen which happens on high-impact and when the air bags come out. The auto body shop most likely said the insurance company will total the car.

The accident happened yesterday, so it’s too soon to see what finalizes.

Alhamdulillah you and your friend are okay from the accident.

12. jinnzaman November 7th, 2007 at 2:03 pm

Assalamu aliakum

May Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) grant you that which is better. Ameen.

masalama

13. Safiya November 7th, 2007 at 3:15 pm

Salaam Alaikum,

Alhamdulilah you are ok brother. May Allah swt protect you.

14. Saifuddin November 7th, 2007 at 3:45 pm

BismillaharRahmanirRahim

as-salaamu ‘alaikum, SubhanaAllah! Thats a pretty big accident. May Allah continue to protect and keep you, amin.

15. Tasbeeh November 7th, 2007 at 5:14 pm

Alhamdulilah you’re okay.

16. ImKhan November 7th, 2007 at 9:13 pm

Alhamdulillah ur aite,

Keep readin those duas bro. Wanna buy my mazda?

17. zaki November 8th, 2007 at 5:59 am

Alhumdullilah you weren’t hurt that badly. MAy Allah SWT protect you always.

18. Mujahideen Ryder November 8th, 2007 at 10:27 am

ImKhan on November 7, 2007 at 9:13 pm said:

Alhamdulillah ur aite,

Keep readin those duas bro. Wanna buy my mazda?

No. My parents are going to buy brand new, inshaAllah.

19. ikramuddin November 8th, 2007 at 4:21 pm

Assalamualaikum bro,

Good to hear that noone got hurt bro, Alhumdulilah.

20. Mikael Pittam November 8th, 2007 at 6:14 pm

Sidi Amir,

You must have been done some serious sadaqa and supplications. I am glad to hear that Allah s.w.t. has given you strength, patience and only a bump on your knee.

Obviously, you are beloved by Allah, so please keep me in your prayers.

21. Obaida Abdul-rahim November 9th, 2007 at 5:27 pm

Alhamdulillah for your safety and well being. Insha’Allah the insurance company realizes that your car was driven by MR himself and, thus, can only be replaced with a Bentley. With chrome rims. That spin. Even if the car isn’t moving. Holler.

22. Anwer November 11th, 2007 at 12:20 am

I second the above. MR is defintely deserving of a brand-new Bentley with spinning chrome rims. Alhamdulillah, you’re okay. I’ve been in a couple of accidents myself. Pretty scary stuff bro, but it’s all from Allah (swt) and all for the better. Inshallah this has increased your Imaan and if anything, made u more a safer driver, I bet u will never feel the same driving in the rain again :-)