Reign of Distraction

Contains Music

This was a last minute video done for my Film History and Theory class. It was extra credit (Which I needed!). All the footage was recorded in a total time of about 3 hours. Editing the video took about another 4 hours. God willing, the professor will like it!

For all those Warcraft fans out there, you’ll like this!

• 11 Responses for "Reign of Distraction"

1. Reign of Distraction - Forums - Islamica Community December 12th, 2007 at 10:28 am

[…] of Distraction Check out my short film I made for a class: Reign of Distraction | Mujahideen Ryder’s Blog __________________ MR.net | Halal Tube | Sports […]

2. Muslim1 December 12th, 2007 at 10:42 am

Allahu Ahkbar! great vid. and it only took you 3 hours? Why r u even in stony brook, you should be in hollywood o’ something.

3. melody December 12th, 2007 at 12:46 pm

Masha’Allah … I thought it was really good :)
      Although … totally unrealistic! 😛 Just kidding…

4. anthama December 12th, 2007 at 4:39 pm

I think mmorpgs are much worse since they depend on hours upon hours of repetitive tasks. Very unrealistic for an addict who is failing to get a 4.0 gpa the next semester. People don’t become addicted to these things unless they have underlying problems. He didn’t fail classes because he had bad time management, he either lived off the “don’t try, don’t fail” motto or didn’t care about school. I know I read too much into it, good video though for the time it took to produce.

5. Paradise One December 12th, 2007 at 8:04 pm

haha, thats awesome.

bro, i used to have the same problem. I tried the whole time management thing but my nafs always got the best of me.

My advise, break your warcraft disc.
      I did it and it worked wonders :)

a word of caution, you WILL go thru a couple months of depression from the withdrawal.

but alhamdulilah, the end justifies the means.

just my 2 cents :)

masalam.

6. ahmed (London) December 12th, 2007 at 9:04 pm

are those real results ? ……. subhanallah!

7. ahmed (London) December 12th, 2007 at 9:07 pm

oh my days we have similar Lcd pc screens! also World of war craft is rubbish! Its all about Guildwars 😛 !!!!!

8. Mujahideen Ryder December 12th, 2007 at 11:07 pm

Paradise One on December 12, 2007 at 8:04 pm said:

haha, thats awesome.

My advise, break your warcraft disc.
      I did it and it worked wonders :)

but alhamdulilah, the end justifies the means.

just my 2 cents :)

masalam.

The story is fake! Although it could be real.

ahmed (London) on December 12, 2007 at 9:04 pm said:

are those real results ? ……. subhanallah!

Thrall’s results were from the Fall 2010 semester. You tell me. Hahah!

9. Wanda aka Quondolyn the 68 Undead Prot Warrior December 13th, 2007 at 4:37 pm

@ahmed:
      Guild Wars? You must be crazy! lol If I wanted subpar graphics and serious lag I’d play WOW on a dial up modem :)

@Paradise One: Oh no! you didnt have to break the disc. I admit I went through my WoW addiction, but mostly when I was unemployed. Now I only play a couple times a week, though now as I am finally approaching 70, I’ve hopped up my play. Gotta love those MMPORG’s.

@MR:
      Cool Video. I love how in 2010 your still in freshman classes.

Masalaam

10. Nihal Khan December 14th, 2007 at 10:17 pm

you just show my FULL life on video in 2002…ROC was crazy addicting. I did horrible in school because of it. When TFT came out…it wasn’t as bad as before, but was still bad..I sold the game later and bought Fiqh ad Dawah by Muhammad alShareef w/ the money earned.

Just recently (About 3 months ago), I accidentally played it at a friend’s house and HAD to by the game again, which I did. AlHamdulillah though, even after buying it again, I haven’t played the game for over a month.

And in regards to BNET gaming…forgive me for my enthusiasm and game talk…

forget custom (WOW and DOTA are wack)…..ladder ALL the way..orcs…Level 25 Shaman here, son!!! thats what I’m talking about!!! FS to grunts w/ casters to tauren..second hero SH…Tier 3 in 15 min!

11. Adam December 15th, 2007 at 10:31 pm

Those scenes with the eyes moving left and right while watching the screen reminded me of Requiem for A Dream… sick movie…