Imam Anwar al-Awlaki has been freed! [Confirmed!]

DISCLAIMER: I do not support or condone Anwar al-Awlaki’s support for terrorism. I do not agree with him on his views and opinions on jihad.
Updates:

25/12/2007
Imam Anwar Al Awlaki Released From Custody

Cageprisoners.com can confirm that Imam Anwar Al Awlaki was released from prison on 12th December 2007, after almost a year and a half behind bars in Yemen.

We thank all of you who took action on his behalf and remembered him in your prayers.

If you would like to send Imam Anwar a message, please email us at contact@cageprisoners.com and we will pass it on.

Source

Word on the streets from Sanaa to NYC, Imam Anwar al-Awlaki is free! Alhamdulillah if this is true!

The rumor: Imam Anwar al Awlaki’s wife told a few sisters in Yemen and those sisters told some more and so on. You know how sisters are. Word got around.

Please post up any confirmations and news related to this!

Also check out one of the largest list of lectures by Imam Anwar al Awlaki on Halal Tube.

Disclaimer: Suicide bombing is wrong. Suicide is forbidden in Islam. Terrorism is wrong. Attacking innocent civilians is wrong and I condemn it. I do not support Muslims killing Muslims. I do not support any type of terrorism action whether it is done by a Muslim, Jew, Christian, etc. Please see my comments below for more details on my views and read my Islamic stance here. [This is related to Awlaki's lectures on Jihad in which I do not agree with.]

• 85 Responses for "Imam Anwar al-Awlaki has been freed! [Confirmed!]"

1. Humairah December 17th, 2007 at 10:05 am

I hope and pray that’s true!

2. Fayyaz Rashid December 17th, 2007 at 10:06 am

Salaam,

you have a google ad, that directs to a website selling teddy bears named muhammad

3. Idiot December 17th, 2007 at 10:11 am

Fayyaz Rashid on December 17, 2007 at 10:06 am said:

Salaam,

So what? Is it haram? Stop worrying about teddy bears.

4. Muslim1 December 17th, 2007 at 11:01 am

Idiot on December 17, 2007 at 10:11 am said:

So what? Is it haram? Stop worrying about teddy bears.

You indeed fulfill that name you’ve chosen for yourself “idiot”. The brother is defending the Prophet and your directly attacking him and indirectly attacking the Prophet.

You should never have the mentality “oh, this is a small thing, let the Kuffars get away with it” WAALLAHI! they will not get away with anything.

5. .. December 17th, 2007 at 11:50 am

somebody pls confirm???????

6. Idiot December 17th, 2007 at 12:34 pm

Muslim1 on December 17, 2007 at 11:01 am said:

How did I attack the person? I asked was it haram? What about this:

or this:

Muslims have been using the name ‘Adam’ for a teddy bear, and a puppet for a show. Why not protest that too? Or wait you only believe in Muhammad as a Prophet?

Muhammad is just a name.

And according to your beliefs and history didn’t Muhammad get stoned by a bunch of people and he had a chance to kill them but he didn’t? You want to kill people because your own Muslim children named a teddy bear Muhammad?

I swear, some of ya’ll Muslims are wack.

7. Egyptian Gumbo December 17th, 2007 at 1:39 pm

I really hope it’s true, subhanallah!

8. Egyptian Gumbo December 17th, 2007 at 1:43 pm

it doesnt say that he was released, but WAllahu alem

9. sajed December 17th, 2007 at 3:32 pm

im awaiting confirmation…as soon as i get it ill let u know iA

and stop bickering over teddy bears iA

go pray instead :-D

10. Yursil December 17th, 2007 at 4:28 pm

11. Yursil December 17th, 2007 at 4:31 pm

12. Mujahideen Ryder December 17th, 2007 at 5:03 pm

Yeah I am aware about his lectures on Jihad.

But, Imam Anwar was one of persons who brought me closer to Islam and on to the right path. His lectures on the Hereafter and Lives of the Prophet are amazing! SubhanAllah, may Allah (swt) reward him for those lectures. I love him dearly and it saddens me that he is detained, especially in Yemen, where the people are so kind and generous, mashaAllah.

I’m also pretty sure the Sufis in Iraq are doing defensive jihad.

What does Shaykh Abdul-Kerim say about the Iraq war?

13. Yursil December 17th, 2007 at 6:18 pm

14. Ahmed.A.A (London) December 17th, 2007 at 9:09 pm

Yursil on December 17, 2007 at 6:18 pm said:

Deleted as per request by the commentator.

you called sheik anwar alwaki a maniac? firstly May Allah forgive you should restrain your tongue from repeating such a word authabillah! if you was so sincere on your advice you would not have gone out in that way to advice the brother by firstly backbiting about someone who is not here to defend them self and secondly slandering the sheik.
      “Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should say [something] good, or he should keep silent.” [Bukhari, Ibn Majah]

O you who believe! Avoid much suspicion, in deeds some suspicions are sins. And spy not neither backbite one another. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? You would hate it (so hate backbiting). And fear God, verily, God is the one who accepts repentance, Most Merciful. (49: 12)

Say to My servants that they should only say those things that are best, for Satan does sow dissensions among them, for Satan is to man an avowed enemy. (17:53)

sheik anwar awlaki may have some opinions which i may not agree with but when it comes topics he knows best he knows how to deliver it the best and im sure the millions of muslims around the world can back me up on that, He has done a lot for the 21st century muslims and im sure he has all our support and duas so take the good and leave the bad as we say!

And Yes sheik anwar awalki has been released :-)

15. Egyptian Gumbo December 17th, 2007 at 9:15 pm

Subhanallah! where is he now? is he in Yemen? or the States (which i doubt)? or what! Alhamdulillah! that’s great news!

16. Dawud Israel December 17th, 2007 at 9:19 pm

Yursil on December 17, 2007 at 4:31 pm said:

Deleted as per request by the commentator.

No, your behavior is proof that the system is broken.

If it weren’t for Imam Anwar many of us would be imprisoned.

I would advise you to listen to this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=MGPfy_9RtKM

17. Dawud Israel December 17th, 2007 at 9:21 pm

Ahmed.A.A (London) on December 17, 2007 at 9:09 pm said:

And Yes sheik anwar awalki has been released :-)

Give us proof and make us happy! :)

18. Ahmed.A.A (London) December 17th, 2007 at 9:32 pm

i was told by a brother i know very well , Plenty of brothers in London know the sheik or visited him in Yemen before he got arrested. also iv been told he will be releasing a new talk.

19. aarij December 17th, 2007 at 9:37 pm

Anwar AlAwlaki a maniac? Subhan Allah, here we see the beautiful tariqafied manners. Please go back to your hadhrah and stay there. Jazak Allah khair.

May Allah give Imam Anwar [HA] the station of the mujahideen and the shuhadaa, and hasten his release.

20. Mujahideen Ryder December 17th, 2007 at 11:18 pm

Yursil on December 17, 2007 at 6:18 pm said:

Sidi Yursil,

There is also a person who told Congress that 96% of the Mosques in America are run by extremists. There is also a person who allied himself with Bush and his administration against the mainstream ummah including the majority of sufis. That person is of the Naqshabandi Haqqani tariqa. Although he may not represent your tariqa, he still represents your shaykh’s shaykh. Imam Anwar al Awlaki may have said things which you may not like or may not agree, but that doesn’t mean his students or listeners agree with what he says. Just like how you don’t agree with what the above person said to Congress or his other positions, but you still listen to other things he has to say. May Allah (swt) forgive us all. Ameen!

I have not read or heard of Imam Anwar al Awlakis support of suicide bombing anywhere. Regarding the situation in Iraq, we don’t know what is true and what is false. Again, Muslims have the right to defend themselves. America did invade that country without the anyone’s permission. What kind of war is this when one side is called soldiers and the other side ? I doubt you, or your shaykh, agree with the war in Iraq. Allah knows best.

May Allah forgive me if I have said anything wrong. Ameen!

Ma’salaama,

21. Yursil December 17th, 2007 at 11:28 pm

22. Mujahideen Ryder December 17th, 2007 at 11:39 pm

Yursil on December 17, 2007 at 11:28 pm said:

Walykumsalam wa Rahmatullah Sidi Yursil,

JazakAllah khair for the clarification. I was not aware of the name change. Forgive me since I assumed you listened to that person. I do not support any type of suicide bombing. If as you say Imam Anwar al Awlaki does support it then I disagree with him and that is his opinion. I do not support Zarqawi nor do I support Amrozi. I do not support the killing of Muslims by Muslims.

May Allah (swt) guide them and us all to the true path. Ameen!

If Imam Anwar al-Awlaki has been freed and released then he may have been found innocent of the accusations. Allah knows best.

One thing is for sure though, Imam Anwar is an American. He was born here. I highly doubt he’d call for the death of innocent American citizens. I’d also highly doubt he was proud of 9/11. I think he speaks of Jihad in Iraq where there is injustice and a war. Again, Allah knows best.

May Allah protect me and us all from falsehood and keep the dhikr in our hearts, our tongue and actions. Ameen!

Ma’salaama

23. Azeem December 18th, 2007 at 12:48 am

Yursil and I don’t agree often. But I see his point. Well I see the problem on the surface, I may not agree with Yursils conclusion as to how to solve the problem raised by modern methods of learning Islam, but I must say there is a big problem with taking orators on as infallible heroes with perfect understanding and declaring them as ones sheikh while using their ipod (or halaltube.com) as their main method of interacting (one-way listening) or learning from them. I actually am writing an article entitled “Anwar Awlaki is not your sheikh”. Its not really about anwar awlaki if it were 1997 and not 2007 It may have been called “Hamza Yusuf is not your Sheikh”.

24. Mujahideen Ryder December 18th, 2007 at 12:53 am

Azeem on December 18, 2007 at 12:48 am said:

I also understand Yursil’s point. I assume he is concerned that I may be taking a path towards an extreme point of view, may Allah protect me from this. I am not. My whole point of posting this news..er..rather…rumor is to find out the truth. So far it hasn’t been officially confirmed.

25. Azeem December 18th, 2007 at 1:09 am

I didn’t want to give too much of my article away, but I think the key to dealing with this is…. drum roll please…

Taking the good and leaving the bad. from who? From EVERYONE you might happen to listen to.. from this weeks random khateeb to your favorite speakers. But this can only be done if:

1. you build your own understanding of Islam (which of course SHOULD involve learning from multiple scholars from multiple backgrounds) and of course endless reading of tafseer, hadith, books etc. If you have nothing to judge or filter what you are hearing you can be taken in any direction.

2. You must be open minded enough to believe whoever you are listening to is just a human being and may be off point on different issues

I think theres nothing wrong with wanting Anwar Awlaki or anyone else to be free if they have not been proven/convicted of a crime which warrants imprisonment. Also there definitely is not anything wrong with not wanting any human being to be tortured or treated improperly.

Although I must say I was disturbed by what Yursil posted, but I must confirm what he posted.

26. tawheedullah December 18th, 2007 at 1:09 am

Yursil on December 17, 2007 at 4:28 pm said:

Deleted as per request by the commentator.

You’re showing your Zionist Bush-loving colours, you Haqqani [edited out].

MR: There is absolutely no need for that. I rarely edit comments. Please refrain from doing this again. JazakAllah khair.

27. Asim December 18th, 2007 at 4:29 am

tawheedullah on December 18, 2007 at 1:09 am said:

You’re showing your Zionist Bush-loving colours, you Haqqani [edited out].

wow subhanAllah. i understand theres differences but calling someone a Munafiq sure as hell wont accomplish anything

28. Fayyaz Rashid December 18th, 2007 at 5:28 am

Salaam,

Sorry to cause trouble on your blog, i was trying to find a way to contact you privately, but I couldn’t find any other way to contact you.

Take care,

Happy Eid

Fayyaz Rashid

29. Yursil December 18th, 2007 at 9:06 am

30. Ahmed.A.A (london) December 18th, 2007 at 9:09 am

Yursil on December 17, 2007 at 11:28 pm said:

Deleted as per request by the commentator.

supporting terrorism? hmmmmmmmm i know what kind of a muslim we are dealing with here now. i need no further to say!

31. Mujahideen Ryder December 18th, 2007 at 9:18 am

Sidi Yursil. JazakAllah khair for this information. I will have to put a disclaimer, becuase I definitely do not agree with these call for offensive Jihad and the support of suicide bombing.

It surprises me, becuase Awlaki’s lectures on the Lives of the Prophet (s) and The Hereafter lectures are completely different than these talks you quote from.

Allah knows best. I pray to Allah (swt) that Imam Anwar is guided to the correct path and that we are all guided to the correct path, inshaAllah. Ameen!

Eid Mubarak to you too as well!

32. Mujahideen Ryder December 18th, 2007 at 9:19 am

Fayyaz Rashid on December 18, 2007 at 5:28 am said:

Salaam,

Take care,

Happy Eid

Fayyaz Rashid

Walykumsalam wa Rahmatullah

JazakAllah khiar! Eid Mubarak to you and your family as well. May Alalh (swt) accept your duas and grant you jannah! Ameen. My email is mujahideenryder at gmail.

Ma’salaama

33. .. December 18th, 2007 at 1:03 pm

MR< we have no proof that Yursil is not taking the quotes out of context or whether they r words of anwar awleki so do not jump to conclusions and im sure anwar awleki knows wht he is talking about!!

Anwar awlkei has made great contributions to our community and done much good with his honesty, integrity. He is not a scholar 4 dollar (unlike many others who changed their mssg after 911) rather he speaks the Haqq and is not scared to do so..and thats why he is being punished..May Allah swt preserve him and increase him *Ameen*

34. mostafa December 18th, 2007 at 2:01 pm

May Allah SWT Bless brother Anwar…critisizing him is not going to make life easier…this man was in a facility notorious for torture….we are only bringing division between the ummah..if you dont have nothing good to say, then dont say it……..may allah swt guide us to the straight path

35. tawheedullah December 18th, 2007 at 4:10 pm

Yursil on December 18, 2007 at 9:06 am said:

Deleted as per request by the commentator.

I’m not a Wahhabi, and [edited out].

MR: Please no takfir.

36. Dawud Israel December 18th, 2007 at 4:30 pm

Amir you should really consider doing some censoring around this place…it’s like The Enquirer or something…

37. Yursil December 18th, 2007 at 4:48 pm

38. Mujahideen Ryder December 18th, 2007 at 6:47 pm

Dawud Israel on December 18, 2007 at 4:30 pm said:

I’m trying inshaAllah. May Allah forgive me. I have edited everything that I feel is not worthy to be seen.

It’ll die out, like every other thread on my site dies.

39. tawheedullah December 18th, 2007 at 7:03 pm

Yursil on December 18, 2007 at 4:48 pm said:

Deleted as per request by the commentator.

Awlaki is already accepted by the Muslims. It is mujahideen-hating Bush-lovers like you that we must keep our eye on.

40. nattauhi December 18th, 2007 at 9:33 pm

Salamu Alaikum

First of all I want to say that brother Anwar is very knowledgeable when it comes to Islam and the history of Islam. I respect his opinions even if I do not agree with some of them. And because of the fact that he is so knowledgable we should take what he says into serious consideration and then as the brother said before, take the good and leave the bad. Of course we should have our own knowledge of Qur’an, hadith, and sunnah to base our opinions on. Anwar has made me a better Muslim, a more conscious Muslim, and I love him for that.

The sahaba had different opinions about many issues but they still respected each other and loved each other even if they would argue with one another and become angry with one another. So who are we to talk to each other like this, just because we have conflicting opinions when the sahaba also had many conflicting opinions with one another. It is okay in Islam to have different opinions, that is why the sahaba had a shura, to get everyones opinion and work to determine the most appropriate decision. I don’t think any one of us is in a position to question another Muslims faith, we cannot look into his/her heart. Besides we have enough problems we don’t need more Muslims fighting Muslims.

Does it please Allah to see the Muslims talk to one another like this, why are we talking to one another with anger. Remember the man who attained Jennah simply by forgiving everyone before he went to sleep, and then write what you want to say, if it is for Allah then say it, but if it has any anger in it, save it for another time.

Insha Allah Anwar is free and able to celebrate Eid with the Muslims,
      Eid Mubarak to everyone, Wa Alaikum Salam

41. YoussefAlMasry December 18th, 2007 at 10:12 pm

Alsalamualaikum,

I have strong opinions about many of the things being said in reference to this post. But I will refrain from indulging in Muslim v. Muslim forum sparring and instead ask that all the brothers and sisters who choose to take time out of their day to post comments on blogs to instead focus their energy on the defense of our brothers & sisters elsewhere right here in the U.S.-

The comments on that page are more than enough to make you cringe. May Allah subhana wa taala give these Muslim students strength during their trials.

Eid Mubarak everyone

42. The Official Tasawwuf Thread - Page 3 - Forums - Islamica Community December 19th, 2007 at 1:03 am

[...] I am the webmaster of that site. Thank you for the dua. -Yursil How ironic is it that I (tawheedullah) posted a link to a website you run. I don’t take back anything I’ve said about you though. I love [...]

43. mujahid December 19th, 2007 at 2:34 am

the ones tested the hardest are the anbiyaa then the best after and so on, so brothers don’t talk down on a brother who is being tested from your comfy computer chair, and remeber helping a kaffir against a believer is kuffur, and thats why muslims today are in the state they are, becuase we are filled with traitors to the teeth

sallaaams ya ikhwaan EID MUBARAK

44. mujahid7ia December 19th, 2007 at 3:07 am

Yursil is not taking quotes out of context. If any of you listen to either Imam al-Awlaki’s series on Yusuf ‘Uyayri’s thawabit ala darb al jihad (Constants on the Path of Jihad) or the one called “The Story of ibn al-Akwa” which goes over a translation (which has been horribly tampered with… by who – Allahu a’alam) of a text about jihad, you would be absolutely shocked at what he is saying… such as justifying 9/11 because the victims are taxpayers and are therefore “financial” or “intellectual” combatants…

45. talib December 19th, 2007 at 2:56 pm

salamu aleykum

If imam awlaki is being released then al-hamdulilah thats good to hear. As for his path of jihad lectures its clear it was out of anger over the U.S invasion of iraq..insha allah he will retract his statements/beliefs regarding the suicide bombings. We as muslims give each other the benefit of the doubt and the chance to repent from such ideologies, and theres no need for bashing or cursing a muslim over a lecture from many years ago. Wa allahu a3la wa a3lam

46. Yursil December 20th, 2007 at 10:06 am

47. qatt mullah December 21st, 2007 at 7:03 am

it is a known fact that while so many of us profess islam, very few actually adhere to it’s basic tenets. by this i mean the complete acceptance of everything that has been revealed to our beloved prophet muhammad salallahu alayhi wasalaam. yes we claim to be muslims, but when we come across certain things we don’t like due to our distorted perception of what justice is we are quick to label it unfair, outdated, extreme whatever. it is not up to us to decide what is just. if we are muslims this means we must surrender to the will of the most high. until we realize this and stop worshipping our nafs, we will never acheive victory, in this life or the next.

allah hafez

48. talib December 22nd, 2007 at 1:10 pm

brother Yursil

If you actually listened to the jihad lectures, the imam never made takfir of other muslims, nor did he encourage the use of suicide attacks on civilians. He basically chose the opinion of this act to be islamically allowed.

As to the imams lectures whether in its the stories of the prophets or the seerah of prophet mohammed s.a.a.w, or the stories of abubaker and omar all these lectures are one of the best if not the best lectures in english, its very concise, full of background knowledge which every beginner in islamic studies to listen to. All this only shows the imam is worthy of support and worthy of spreading his tapes for years to come insha allah.

49. ExEx Blogger December 22nd, 2007 at 5:33 pm

Ok okay Mujahideen Ryder…. we get the point that you don’t want to be arrested by the FBI / Homeland security for posting anything fishy…

But funny how some fear those people and we don’t fear the Lord of those people and twist HIS religion to please the kuffar.

50. ExEx Blogger December 22nd, 2007 at 5:35 pm

Yursil you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about by speaking about Imam Anwar Awlaki in this fashion.

51. middleway December 22nd, 2007 at 7:46 pm

talib on December 22, 2007 at 1:10 pm said:

brother Yursil

Well said bro.

Yursil on December 20, 2007 at 10:06 am said:

Deleted as per request by the commentator.

“in my opinion, did not understand the life of the Prophet (Salallahu’alaihiwassalam) one bit, much less able to teach others about him.”

You talk in a manner as if to say that you are more qualified in your opinion when, it’s clearly apparent you are not.

To suggest that imam anwar did not know what he was talking about when he gave lectures on the prophet pbuh’s biography is a little ignorant to say the least.

Obviously he has opinions on Jihad which i don’t really agree with. You’d have to be a real idiot to suggest that listening to his work on various islamic issues equates to agreeing with all his opinions on islamic matters.

Just like the solution to the ummah is not going to arrive on a sufi flying carpet, i don’t think it’s going to arrive by blowing yourself up either.

52. ExEx Blogger December 23rd, 2007 at 12:13 am

@ Middleway

You gave it. Period.

53. Yursil December 23rd, 2007 at 6:27 pm

54. Yursil December 23rd, 2007 at 6:28 pm

55. Yursil December 23rd, 2007 at 6:56 pm

56. ExEx Blogger December 23rd, 2007 at 9:03 pm

Where is your proof that he praises Amrozi???

57. tawheedullah December 23rd, 2007 at 9:40 pm

Yursil on December 23, 2007 at 6:27 pm said:

Deleted as per request by the commentator.

If you believe that someone (Shaykh Nazim ad-Dajjal) could be so self-aggrandizing, egotistical, and sanctimonious, yet still consider him the “Sultan al-Awliya” you have serious mental and spiritual problems.

58. Yursil December 23rd, 2007 at 10:17 pm

59. Yursil December 23rd, 2007 at 10:18 pm

60. tawheedullah December 24th, 2007 at 12:21 am

Yursil on December 23, 2007 at 10:17 pm said:

Deleted as per request by the commentator.

What exactly do you mean by “sealing my fate”? The fact is, you are not a Sunni. You belong to a tiny personality-cult centered around a charlatan most Muslims have never heard of. I was horrified when I saw a picture on your blog of you and your fellow mureeds praying in a musalla full of pictures. And you call yourself a Hanafi?

There are plenty of sound, legitimate people to follow. Follow one of them.

61. aarij December 24th, 2007 at 1:05 am

Brother Yursil,

Please enlighten us with your and your scholars’ views on Jihad:

1. What is Jihad?
      2. Is there any such thing as offensive Jihad?

Much appreciated

62. aarij December 24th, 2007 at 1:07 am

Also, ignoring Yursil for a sec here, is there any proof that the Imam is indeed free?

63. fastaqim.blogspot.com December 24th, 2007 at 6:47 am

“suicide bombing” does not necessarily mean killing innocent people. and Imam Awlaki isn’t the only one that agrees with it. So do Qaradhawi and many others:

They say that this is not considered suicide.

64. talib December 24th, 2007 at 1:37 pm

subhan allah i was also shocked by the pictures in brother yursil’s blog, i would like more information on the groups aqeeda and watsup with the green turban.

65. ExEx Blogger December 24th, 2007 at 10:15 pm

Well of course! With the ever so green turban and multiple pictures in the musala area and shirk stuff in that “temple”, what more can you expect. Imam Anwar is literally their arch nemesis for preaching tawheed whereas these sufis are preaching something else.

66. BostonMuslim December 24th, 2007 at 11:28 pm

Looks like Yursil touched a sensitive nerve here!!!!

In all honesty, i have never heard of the Imam’s lectures but i will probably listen to what brother Yursil has posted and if it’s correct i really can’t see how anyone can defend it. Well you say that you don’t have to agree with him on everything but there is something really awful about somebody advocating for the murder of innocent civilians, and whether that person is a muslim Imam who is well learned in the Quran etc.. or a catholic priest, it does not really make one tiny of a difference to me. they are both horrible. I am not saying that Imam Anwar is horrible because i have not heard his lecture, but if what Yursil is saying is true, i would really question the wisdom of the support he seems to have garnered.

67. middleway December 24th, 2007 at 11:37 pm

Yursil on December 23, 2007 at 6:27 pm said:

Salaams Yursil.

“I’m not really here to argue. The proof is in his lectures”

Ok, fair enough, but then you say…..

“If you folks want to take your deen from someone who praises Amrozi the bomber who killed Muslims and non-Muslim civilians alike, giving him as an example of the proper mentality for Muslims.. someone who encourages kids to go to this pseudo anti-civilian ‘golden-age of jihad’… then I have nothing more to say. “

Your like a broken record, you just keep going on and on and on….

Are you really that stupid that you don’t seem to understand, that we do not agree with his views on jihad?

I appreciate that in your sufi way, you blindly follow your sheikh like sheep and decorate your mosque with pictures of him.

However, unlike you, we don’t blindly follow imam anwars opinions. His lectures and views on jihad are not for me.
      On the other hand, his lectures on the prophet (pbuh) , abu bakr(ra) and umar(ra) are possibly some of the best of their kind in the world today. Extremely in depth and concise.

“If you seriously believe that one can understand the Prophet’s (Sallahu’alaihiwassalams) life enough to become famous for giving lectures off of it, and then come to conclusions as completely off-base as that, MashaAllah to you. “

Your way out of your depth here, so here’s an open challenge:
      *Listen to his lecture *specifically* on the life of our beloved prophet (pbuh).

*Once you’ve done that, get back to us and tell me the exact points that you think that imam anwar makes mistakes and, where you think he has lack of understanding.
      Should be interesting…………..

“You can ‘give it’ and take it right back.”

Uhmmm OK.

“I’ll wait for you to take your deen from those who allow serial raping next. “take the good and leave the bad” and all that.”

Quite the drama queen aren’t you?

I’ll wait for you to take your deen from those who allow you to pray in the mosque with pictures of your sheikh on the wall…..uhhh wait, you already do!
      even my 5 yr old cousin knows that this is not acceptable.

I’ll wait for you take your deen from those who allow you to openly do dhikr with women present http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_YYpDRknjU, again this is clearly wrong.

It appears that you don’t have much credibility to talk with authority on the issue of deen either.

Final point, again I feel the need to re-iterate.

Imam Anwar is a man who does hold some very harsh views which I simply cannot agree with. However, you cannot use this as a basis to then assume that all his work is rubbish. That is just pure ignorance.

I pray that allah(swt) guides him and you to the correct path.

68. Yursil December 25th, 2007 at 2:01 am

Salamu’alaykum,

I simply believe that learning about the Prophet (S) is more than just simply regurgitating supposed facts.

The interpretation of that life should lead one to a purified lifestyle. If it leads one to violence either 1) someone got their facts wrong 2) someone interpreted the facts wrong in applying it to themselves.

And not just wrong by say 10%.. something missing here and there.

We are talking about an extremely radical position on the entire life of the Prophet (S), the Prophet of Mercy (S).

Omission is just as important a fault in CD sets, isn’t it? So can someone find for me the fact that the Prophet (S) never killed anyone in battle out of his mercy in Anwars CD set?

If you think nothings wrong with the one cd set .. Allahuakbar… I find hard to believe as usually you guys are the first to say nothing is perfect except Quran.

But regardless, even if nothing is wrong such ‘scholars’ should not be promoted if it leads people to consider his other work as credible, and his work as authoritative for the Western Muslim community.

Frankly, if it got out how bad some ‘scholars’ are it would damage any organization that has had him speak.

Is that too difficult for you to understand? If you think its doesn’t work that way, it may be because you like work the the safety cloud of anonymity.

If you want to know what I think Jihad is, well, alhamdulillah I’m not sure! I’m not a scholar of fiqh, I dont have speeches on anything that anyone wants to buy.

But when I’m asked by my coworkers and when giving dawah, I know what I say. I know Amrozi wasn’t doing Jihad, and I’ll tell that to anyone. I won’t compare his happiness to the Sahaba in battle. I won’t say Zarqawi was doing Jihad by blowing up Muslims and non-Muslims.

Its really kind of sad for me to see, after first denying it.. then being provided all this basic evidence that you anonymous teenyboppers and 20 somethings now turn and blast me. Its really pathetic. But I guess its easy to proclaim people as martyrs when you’re hiding your name and location.

On the other hand, anyone who wants to say this stuff to me and hear answers on pictures and what not, please come meet me in NYC. Then we’ll talk about me.

Finally, I have nothing to do with the video above and the Shaykh present there is not my Shaykh.

MR my humble request is to delete all my posts on this comments except this last one. All the references I dug up, please delete. I won’t comment anymore here.

If you notice I have mentioned no one by name in this post and I will keep it that way.

Salamualaykum.

69. ExEx Blogger December 25th, 2007 at 9:53 am

Of course, again the sufi mureed commands his fellow new yorker mr to delete the posts…because he know that the stuff that he said is false and without proof. And I am sickened how MR quickly runs to Yursils defense by deleting his comments.

@ Yursil,
      If I may add, that your childish and churlish ways in not addressing why you have pictures in your sheep corral with the sheikh is a golden example of how you people evade and refuse to learn the truth. Perhaps insha-allah you should be commenting anymore ANYwhere because i think your sheikh needs to give you ijaza on it.

And by the way, your blanket judgments of an innocent man, Anwar Alawlaki are baseless, disgusting and false. You have no proof to accuse him like this and you just echoing what your shaykh and your people claim. They don’t differentiate between logic and truth and they don’t differentiate between falsehood and lie. Well basically we accept what comes from their mouth and butt all the way.

Well good….Yes, New York. Go and sing you and jump and fell good about yourself and maybe Allah will give wahee to your shaykh and maybe he’ll bless him with a new view on Anwar Al-Awlaki

70. ExEx Blogger December 25th, 2007 at 9:54 am

shouldn’t*
      you’re just echoing

71. Mujahideen Ryder December 25th, 2007 at 2:09 pm

Asalamualykum Shaykh,
      With all due respect, I simply deleted the comments as requested by Sidi Yursil. If you would like any comments deleted on my blog, then please let me know, inshaAllah. It was not in defense but in respect to his respect that I removed the comments. I am very open and free with people posting comments, but if they ask me to delete it then I will delete it. They have that right, since they wrote it and may not want it publicly shown. May Allah (swt) forgive me if I have said anything wrong.
      Ma’salaama

72. Egyptian Gumbo December 25th, 2007 at 3:07 pm

Confirmed that he has been released:

25/12/2007
      Imam Anwar Al Awlaki Released From Custody

Cageprisoners can confirm that Imam Anwar Al Awlaki was released from prison on 12th December 2007, after almost a year and a half behind bars in Yemen.

We thank all of you who took action on his behalf and remembered him in your prayers.

73. Asim December 25th, 2007 at 9:38 pm

Allahu Akbar!

74. Mostafa December 25th, 2007 at 11:55 pm

ALLAHU AKBAR!!!!!

75. Ahmed.A (London) December 26th, 2007 at 6:39 am

Allahu Akbar! :-)

76. Azeen December 28th, 2007 at 3:50 am

Salaam, now that he is free, if anyone has a chance to interact with him, please ask him direct questions about his views because clarification is sorely needed. I personally would like to read an in depth interview with him on all the criticisms of his statements in relation to terrorism and extremism. Then I can decide conclusively if I think he should be listened to or not. Also keep in mind that people have the ability to change their views. If someone is wrong about something, they can come to realize their mistakes and correct themselves.

77. Azeem December 28th, 2007 at 3:51 am

oops the last comment should be by Azeem*

78. fastaqim.blogspot.com December 28th, 2007 at 6:50 am

“The time I spent in detention was a great blessing from Allah. They were moments of contemplation and study which I was greatly in need of. Alhamdulillah, Allah has blessed me during that time of solitude with tranquility and peace to the extent that at most of the time I was preferring detention over freedom. Now that I am free I ask Allah to enable me to thank Him for his blessings.

“I am greatly moved to know that many of my brothers and sisters have been asking about my situation and praying for my release. I thank them all. May Allah reward all of you with Paradise.”

79. tawheedullah December 28th, 2007 at 4:05 pm

I sincerely hope that Yursil converts to Islam some day.

80. Tamer January 8th, 2008 at 1:51 am

Salamu alikum here is a website where you can download the 1st interview after his relese. http://www.kalamullah.com/anwaral-awlaki.html

81. Nadia January 20th, 2008 at 6:11 pm

Assalamu alaykum,

Mashallah I was so happy when I heard this. Me and my family stopped at a masjid in L.A. for jumuah a few weeks ago, and the imam announced it after his khutba was over. That’s all the confirmation I needed! May Allah allow him to continue spreading the deen. Ameen.

82. tariq February 9th, 2008 at 4:38 pm

congratulations

83. tariq February 9th, 2008 at 4:46 pm

Asalaam o Alaikum,
      I went for haj last year and i met one of your coleagues and he told me about your arrest and we all prayed for you ,i am so glad that Allah has answered our prayers so quick. MAY ALLAH GIVES YOU HEALTH AND PEACE IN YOUR LIFE. AMEEN.

84. Abdullah May 4th, 2008 at 5:04 pm

i too do not agree with suicide bombing or attacking civilians but i am interested in why you disagree with Imam Anwar Awlaki’s views on Jihad (beyond the suicide bombings) do you disagree with Jihad?

85. Yursil November 10th, 2009 at 4:07 am

BismillahirRahmanirRahim

“Beware of the vision of the believer, for he sees with the light of Allah,” then he recited the verse, “Surely! In this are the signs for the mutawassimeen”[15:75] (Tirmidhi)