Message from Imam Anwar al-Awlaki

DISCLAIMER: I do not support or condone Anwar al-Awlaki’s support for terrorism. I do not agree with him on his views and opinions on jihad.
imam-anwar-al-awlaki.jpg

“The time I spent in detention was a great blessing from Allah. They were moments of contemplation and study which I was greatly in need of. Alhamdulillah, Allah has blessed me during that time of solitude with tranquility and peace to the extent that at most of the time I was preferring detention over freedom. Now that I am free I ask Allah to enable me to thank Him for his blessings.

“I am greatly moved to know that many of my brothers and sisters have been asking about my situation and praying for my release. I thank them all. May Allah reward all of you with Paradise.”

Source: CagePrisoners.com

• 5 Responses for "Message from Imam Anwar al-Awlaki"

1. ahmed.a (London) December 28th, 2007 at 11:05 am

Really Happy to see him talk again :-) but looking at the picture it seems he has lost weight .

2. Mujahideen Ryder December 28th, 2007 at 11:29 am

ahmed.a (London) on December 28, 2007 at 11:05 am said:

That picture is from this lecture:

3. Muslim1 December 28th, 2007 at 10:23 pm

SubhanAllah Walhamdullah 3alakull haal.
      You hear that MR? hes been freed.

4. Lateefa December 29th, 2007 at 2:42 am

AssalamuAlikum Shaikh Anwar-Al-Awlaki and welcome back to your family and our lives, thank Allah! I have never meet you in person, however, I feel like I have known you as my teacher for years. I listen to your CDs during my commute to work and I have learned a lot about the Quran and my faith. You are a blessing from Allah to all of our Muslim brothers and sisters, I thank Allah for having you in our lives, and I can not thank you enough for your Islamic teachings. I have been praying for your release and I will always keep praying for you and your family to be blessed and protected with Allah’s mercy. May Allah bless you more, and I hope to hear more of your new CDs InshaAllah! Your teachings bring peace, respect, and patient in my heart and in my life. The more I learn from your teachings, the more love, peace and harmony comes to my life because, your teachings make me understand my faith.

Welcome back and May Allah bless you :)
      VA, USA

5. farooq December 30th, 2007 at 3:53 pm

allahu akbar! Even prison is great for the believer. “They seek to blow out Allah’s Light with their mouths, but Allah has decreed that He shall perfect His Light, much as the disbelievers may dislike it.”