The End - 2000 to 2009

Fat Joe says “As-Salam-Alaykum” in the song 300!

fat-joe.jpg
Fat Joe, famous rapper from the Bronx, NYC, recently gave his salams in a song called “300”. Who cares? Well probably no one (but me). But if you did, you can listen to it here (warning contains music) :

Audio clip: Adobe Flash Player (version 9 or above) is required to play this audio clip. Download the latest version here. You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

Walykumsalam wa Rahmatullah to you to Fat Joe.


  • RSS feed for comments on this post

  • 31 Responses for "Fat Joe says “As-Salam-Alaykum” in the song 300!"

    1. Chuck January 11th, 2008 at 5:39 am

      Just shows the influence of Islam on rap even more. It is the religion of Conscience Rap and Gangsta Rap and more recently Pop R&B (unfortunately). Hey MR did you read my post recently on music in pop culture?

      http://chuck.projectmecca.com/canvas/faith/muslim-musicians-the-untold-story/

    2. American January 11th, 2008 at 11:12 am

      Whats the big deal. You are such a superficial person!

    3. moneysworthless January 11th, 2008 at 6:17 pm

      He said that’s his opinion. Why don’t you calm down.

    4. Idiot January 11th, 2008 at 6:52 pm

      American on January 11, 2008 at 11:12 am said:

      Whats the big deal. You are such a superficial person!

      MR clearly stated “Who cares? Well probably no one (but me).”

      You need to go back to elementary school and learn to read.

    5. southside jihad January 12th, 2008 at 10:22 am

      as salaamu alaikum,
      big bro. mr, my question for you is why do you care? i’m just curious, because to me he was just saying it. I mean:
      “poor righteous teachers”= 5 percenters
      “final call”= nation of islam newspaper
      even though these are pseudoislamic they have some islamic aspect to it so why not complete the line with a greeting both organizations use? like i said just a question.

      you see how i did that people? he stated his opinion, and i simply asked him some quetions. i didn’t attack him for it. and yeah i do feel good about myself. gold star for southside!

    6. muslim brother January 12th, 2008 at 12:22 pm

      oh my god that is so cool

      assalamu alaikum ida

      lennox i am coming for you!

    7. muslim brother January 12th, 2008 at 2:05 pm

      he said “has salami lay kem”

    8. Muslim1 January 12th, 2008 at 7:50 pm

      The proper way to answer fat joe is to say. Wa3alikum. Or wa3ala alMuslimeen a-salam warhamatullah. But i don’t think he was directing it to anyone.

    9. Nasir January 12th, 2008 at 11:38 pm

      God Mr you sre..idk what to say. How old are you 18? 21? and some bs like this makes you proud to be muslim? First and Foremost Fat Joe is a WHACK rapper. I may slightly side with you if the rapper who said it was a concious rapper but c’mon this is Fat Joe. He sucks over all and his matter-Money “Hoes” Materialism Cocaine Crimes etc.

      Second point, Almost all the time, if a rapper is mentioning something islam related including an arabic Saying, it is linked to the NOI/5%ers not Orthodox Islam. I can give you a list of Rappers that throw in things referring to 5% teachings Zulu Nation or NOI. Its disgusting IMO. This is not anything to be proud of. Is linkage to Black Nationalism, Hate, Violence (5%ers/NOI) something cool?

      How can you have such strong views supporting Islam when you openly sin? Praying 5 times does not cancel out listening to Music. I am not here attacking you, you as well as everyone sin countless amounts of times a day and your strong views IMO should be backed by the simple practice of not listening to music.

      These Khaleds,T Pains,Fat Joes, DMX’s, Remy etc. are NOT a reason to make you feel good about islam, they are obviosly far from representations of islam, and in the cases when they refer/mention islam it is often not Orthodox and almost never in a positive notion.

      Once again this is all my opinion, I am not trying to attack you, just give you how I percieve things. Your a proud Muslim, I;m not saying you have to be perfect but if you run a blog with topics often linked to islam.islam awareness/islam pride then I think there should be more focus on the right path rather than stupid things like this; I;m not really trying to call you a hypocrite, and again this is not hate, just check things from my perspective.

      (In case your curious of me/my postings on this site)\/

      You may see this and guess that I am either (A strict muslim, a pissed off christian/Jew etc. or idk) But truth is I was born muslim practiced islam and into the age of 17. Thats when I saw flaws. I saw Islam bashing websites as well as Islam “exposing” websites. I read crazy stuff. (Muhamamad’s wives,Aisha’s age, Aisha being 7 and losing her Virginity, Muhammad being more of a war chief than a Religious leader, just so many mind blowing flaws) I denied it and dismissed it as hate for Islam, but when i saw the truth/the fact that they were backed by the Quran/Hadeeths I was horrified but the proof was overwhelming and it was impossible for me to believe that the religion/belief system that is true to have ANY flaws.its going to be how I live. I studied Christianity, more flawed, I didn;t bother with orhter religions, Why would the righteous religion be exclusive to a small amount of people. Am I an Athiest? kinda Sorta. Science has less flaws then religion, and its like either you go with the big bang/evolution or god appearing/adam and eve. But then again I have my doubts so I strive to question my muslims about the flaws/why is Islam THE way same with Christianity and Judaism. I’m 18 now and I still don;t know. Once again its all love no attacking, all my opinion so just see my views:theres no loss you can accept, discard, or disregard (ignore)

      Peace.

    10. qatt mullah January 13th, 2008 at 6:21 am

      thing is, only ALLAH can guide a person to the truth. only ALLAH can make one’s heart receptive to HIS ayat. all i can tell you is keep searching with sincerity and ask ALLAH to guide your heart to the truth, wherever it may be. yes, i said heart not intellect because the mind cannot comprehend things like the heart can. the heart sees truth while the mind sees facts, but a person cannot attain truth, simply from information alone if ALLAH does not grant one the understanding. maybe i’m not making sense, but thats okay. in the end hidayah (like everything) is all in the hands of AR-RAHMAN.

      idk how old the owner of this blog is, but when i was younger i would get excited when i heard rappers say ALLAH or PLO or anything remotely islamic, i used to admire the ayatollah khomeini and even wear “islamic jewelry”. forget salaat, zakaat or siyaam. i didn even know what all that was or why it was necessary if i believe in la ilaha ilALLAH.

      as i got older and began to study islam and so called islamic personalities, i began to see these rappers for what they really are: a bunch of nafs worshiping deists drowning in a sea of jahiliyyah. there is no difference between them and the pagan arabs during the lifetime of muhammad (saw). in fact the arabs at least had some level of honor and self respect. which i doubt these men have, callin themselves dogs and niggers.

    11. Haqq January 13th, 2008 at 10:39 pm

      Nasir on January 12, 2008 at 11:38 pm said:

      God Mr you sre..idk what to say. How old are you 18? 21? and some bs like this makes you proud to be muslim? First and Foremost Fat Joe is a WHACK rapper. I may slightly side with you if the rapper who said it was a concious rapper but c’mon this is Fat Joe. He sucks over all and his matter-Money “Hoes” Materialism Cocaine Crimes etc.

      Second point, Almost all the time, if a rapper is mentioning something islam related including an arabic Saying, it is linked to the NOI/5%ers not Orthodox Islam. I can give you a list of Rappers that throw in things referring to 5% teachings Zulu Nation or NOI. Its disgusting IMO. This is not anything to be proud of. Is linkage to Black Nationalism, Hate, Violence (5%ers/NOI) something cool?

      How can you have such strong views supporting Islam when you openly sin? Praying 5 times does not cancel out listening to Music. I am not here attacking you, you as well as everyone sin countless amounts of times a day and your strong views IMO should be backed by the simple practice of not listening to music.

      These Khaleds,T Pains,Fat Joes, DMX’s, Remy etc. are NOT a reason to make you feel good about islam, they are obviosly far from representations of islam, and in the cases when they refer/mention islam it is often not Orthodox and almost never in a positive notion.

      Once again this is all my opinion, I am not trying to attack you, just give you how I percieve things. Your a proud Muslim, I;m not saying you have to be perfect but if you run a blog with topics often linked to islam.islam awareness/islam pride then I think there should be more focus on the right path rather than stupid things like this; I;m not really trying to call you a hypocrite, and again this is not hate, just check things from my perspective.

      (In case your curious of me/my postings on this site)\/

      You may see this and guess that I am either (A strict muslim, a pissed off christian/Jew etc. or idk) But truth is I was born muslim practiced islam and into the age of 17. Thats when I saw flaws. I saw Islam bashing websites as well as Islam “exposing” websites. I read crazy stuff. (Muhamamad’s wives,Aisha’s age, Aisha being 7 and losing her Virginity, Muhammad being more of a war chief than a Religious leader, just so many mind blowing flaws) I denied it and dismissed it as hate for Islam, but when i saw the truth/the fact that they were backed by the Quran/Hadeeths I was horrified but the proof was overwhelming and it was impossible for me to believe that the religion/belief system that is true to have ANY flaws.its going to be how I live. I studied Christianity, more flawed, I didn;t bother with orhter religions, Why would the righteous religion be exclusive to a small amount of people. Am I an Athiest? kinda Sorta. Science has less flaws then religion, and its like either you go with the big bang/evolution or god appearing/adam and eve. But then again I have my doubts so I strive to question my muslims about the flaws/why is Islam THE way same with Christianity and Judaism. I’m 18 now and I still don;t know. Once again its all love no attacking, all my opinion so just see my views:theres no loss you can accept, discard, or disregard (ignore)

      Peace.

      Classic DMX was sick…

    12. Mostafa January 14th, 2008 at 1:22 am

      brother…dont let the subject of a non-muslim let your anger rise towards another brother

    13. a muslim brother January 14th, 2008 at 9:46 pm

      mark wahlberg said it in four brothers. how come you didnt make a big deal about that? cuz hes white? cuz hes the new kid on the block?

    14. Hoda January 15th, 2008 at 3:05 am

      ASALAMU ALEYKUM YAH MUSLIMEEN

    15. Ayan January 15th, 2008 at 6:31 am

      Music is haram bro, and brother Nasir made some great points, and you shouldnt even promote these people, for the sake of Allah.

    16. Ayan January 15th, 2008 at 7:20 am

      Brother Nasir, all those claims by the enemies of Islam theyve been refuted long ago, you just gotta get your information from the right people, Islam is the truth, and it is a complete way of life, no matter how much they dislike it. Everything that the prophet peace be upon him went through, acted on, said, or remained silent on, has a wisdom behind it. He didnt speak from his desire, rather it was an inspiration sent down to him from Allah. Islam doesnt have ANY flaws! Get to know who Allah is, I dont know how you were exactly raised in matters of practicing Islam and how you received it, but this is the complete truth. There`s alot if information regarding Aisha(may Allah be pleased with her) You can view these links, inshAllah they will be helpful:

      http://youtube.com/watch?v=fGmAGT-cyuI&feature=related

    17. Muhmin January 15th, 2008 at 7:48 am

      may Allah swt guide us all and unite us on the truth nd correct our condition ameeen

    18. Muslim January 15th, 2008 at 3:51 pm

      I’m not saying your a hypocrite, but you’re a hypocrite.

    19. southside jihad January 15th, 2008 at 4:50 pm

      salaam,
      alright this is just ridiculous. fat joe was saying it just to say it, period. anthony micheal hall (the breakfast club, weird science, etc.) said it on stage at the mtv movie awards a couple years ago. i’m not going to wet myself every time a celebrity gives the salaam.

    20. Nasir January 15th, 2008 at 7:49 pm

      Ayan on January 15, 2008 at 7:20 am said:

      Brother Nasir, all those claims by the enemies of Islam theyve been refuted long ago, you just gotta get your information from the right people, Islam is the truth, and it is a complete way of life, no matter how much they dislike it. Everything that the prophet peace be upon him went through, acted on, said, or remained silent on, has a wisdom behind it. He didnt speak from his desire, rather it was an inspiration sent down to him from Allah. Islam doesnt have ANY flaws! Get to know who Allah is, I dont know how you were exactly raised in matters of practicing Islam and how you received it, but this is the complete truth. There`s alot if information regarding Aisha(may Allah be pleased with her) You can view these links, inshAllah they will be helpful:

      http://youtube.com/watch?v=fGmAGT-cyuI&feature=related

      Thanks for those vids they helped clarify the marriage situation pretty well. I will continue to strive and hopefully find the right path thanks bro.

    21. Whatsup29 January 15th, 2008 at 8:49 pm

      ppl sometimes care about these things cause the news portrays us as terrorist yet some ppl dunt know that music they listen to are made my muslims! whether they practicing or not, they still put muslims in a spot that lightens up the “terrorist” mood.
      …ask anybody what music they like and some may say hip hop..then ask what religion they thing the rappers r from..they wont know…and rappers beign muslim may surprise them !
      …and yes i know some songs r innapropiate but hey..inshallah one day they may become practiing muslims!!!

    22. Whatsup29 January 15th, 2008 at 8:50 pm

      oh ye and u nvr know…fat joe may be muslim even though he jus sad salaams whether he wanted to jus say it or not

    23. Nasir January 15th, 2008 at 9:50 pm

      Whatsup29 on January 15, 2008 at 8:49 pm said:

      ppl sometimes care about these things cause the news portrays us as terrorist yet some ppl dunt know that music they listen to are made my muslims! whether they practicing or not, they still put muslims in a spot that lightens up the “terrorist” mood.
      …ask anybody what music they like and some may say hip hop..then ask what religion they thing the rappers r from..they wont know…and rappers beign muslim may surprise them !
      …and yes i know some songs r innapropiate but hey..inshallah one day they may become practiing muslims!!!

      Hate to ruin that hope but its never happening. They love their current lifestyle and would never trade it for Islam. Salam is used by/in referrence to 5% NOI as well as non muslim arabians. What a religion deems sin should not be used simply to “lighten” hate towards the group. But hey, I see where your coming from.

    24. Mujahideen Ryder January 15th, 2008 at 9:51 pm

      Nasir and everyone else – This does not make me proud to be Muslim. The Qur’an and Prophet Muhammad’s (s) legacy makes me proud to be Muslim. The empires of the Khulafah-ar-Rashidoon make me proud to be a Muslim. The four great Imams make me proud to me Muslim.

      No where in the post did I say this makes me proud to be a Muslim. Just to make sure you guys know, this is a blog aka personal online journal, which means the author of the blog posts daily/weekly thoughts and reactions to anything and everything around the world.

      The next time you visit a blog, please keep that in mind, inshaAllah. May Allah (swt) forgive us all and guide us all to the straight path. Ameen!

    25. Mujahideen Ryder January 15th, 2008 at 9:53 pm

      Nasir on January 15, 2008 at 9:50 pm said:

      Hate to ruin that hope but its never happening. They love their current lifestyle and would never trade it for Islam. Salam is used by/in referrence to 5% NOI as well as non muslim arabians. What a religion deems sin should not be used simply to “lighten” hate towards the group. But hey, I see where your coming from.

      Apparently you have not read the stories of the Sahabahs and there pre-Islamic lives compared to their post-Islamic lives. Or recently you haven’t heard of El Hajj Malik Shabbaz akak Malcolm X. InshaAllah read about them and you will see how people take a 180 degree turn in their lifestyle.

      Allah knows best.

    26. Whatsup29 January 16th, 2008 at 9:08 pm

      Nasir on January 15, 2008 at 9:50 pm said:

      Hate to ruin that hope but its never happening. They love their current lifestyle and would never trade it for Islam. Salam is used by/in referrence to 5% NOI as well as non muslim arabians. What a religion deems sin should not be used simply to “lighten” hate towards the group. But hey, I see where your coming from.

      Mujahideen Ryder on January 15, 2008 at 9:53 pm said:

      Apparently you have not read the stories of the Sahabahs and there pre-Islamic lives compared to their post-Islamic lives. Or recently you haven’t heard of El Hajj Malik Shabbaz akak Malcolm X. InshaAllah read about them and you will see how people take a 180 degree turn in their lifestyle.

      Allah knows best.

      inshallah they might take the turn an become muslim
      ..and u cant judge the person for know not how much islamic knowlege they may have…but i see what u 2 r saying

    27. Whatsup29 January 16th, 2008 at 9:09 pm

      sorry my above sentence should state
      u cant judge a person for u now not he much islamic nowlede they may have*
      this is regardles of if they practicing or not

    28. Whatsup29 January 16th, 2008 at 9:10 pm

      sorry my above sentence should state
      u cant judge a person for u know not he much islamic nowlede they may have*
      this is regardles of if they practicing or not

    29. y u care January 17th, 2009 at 8:44 pm

      ur sad stupid paki, afghan or w.e terrorist group u came from

    30. Reppin down Kingston .... January 18th, 2009 at 7:40 am

      bruv we should be happy that people are gettin intrested about islam.
      its da fact that islam is gettin to people like dis is what we shud be interested in.

      n as 4 u ‘y u care’ u betta watch yorself, shut ya ugly face up be4 sum hot blooded peeps where yor from mess u up

    31. Kosovo Albanian June 13th, 2009 at 3:29 pm

      I think he sayd
      Hustle i’m a Laker

Your Ad Here

MRecent Talk

MRecent Posts

MRespected

MRecognize

MReads

Syndication

Recent comments