George Bush Admits He’s a Crusader

• Filed under: America, History
  • Date: Jan 26,2008 | 12:33 AM

a-charge-to-keep-koerner.gif

George W. Bush is famous for his attachment to a painting which he acquired after becoming a “born again Christian.” It’s by W.H.D. Koerner and is entitled “A Charge to Keep.” Bush was so taken by it, that he took the painting’s name for his own official autobiography. And here’s what he says about it:

I thought I would share with you a recent bit of Texas history which epitomizes our mission. When you come into my office, please take a look at the beautiful painting of a horseman determinedly charging up what appears to be a steep and rough trail. This is us. What adds complete life to the painting for me is the message of Charles Wesley that we serve One greater than ourselves.

So in Bush’s view (or perhaps I should say, faith) the key figure, with whom he personally identifies, is a missionary spreading the word of the Methodist Christianity in the American West in the late nineteenth century.

Source

• 12 Responses for "George Bush Admits He’s a Crusader"

1. Skeptical January 26th, 2008 at 2:07 am

Wait. Can you run that line of reasoning by me again? Where exactly did the word ‘crusader’ come up?

2. CJ January 26th, 2008 at 5:50 am

Another muslim conspiracy theory. When will you face up and understand your religion for its true meanings inteadof trying to find fault with every other religion.

3. Ibraheem January 26th, 2008 at 11:23 am

I wonder if he requested that a banner saying “mission accomplished” be painted into it…

4. Saad S. January 26th, 2008 at 12:16 pm

You don’t need a picture to tell you that he is one. In fact he already admitted to it long before before the war in Iraq started. He defined it as “This Crusade”

Bush has a “private army” called BlackWater. They operate under full immunity, no laws apply whether it be US or Iraqi, they have no rules of engagement. They are comprised of Christian extremists acting in the name of God. They are headed Erik Prince – the Catholic fundamentalist Prince who has hired some of the country’s most militant Christian extremists.

5. Yahya January 26th, 2008 at 1:07 pm

Asalaamu Alaykum brothers,
      Please check this out: It is about the Southern Baptist Convention and other organizations proselytizing in Iraq. These organizations are soo commonplace here and yet look how they are viewed by objective outsiders, this is a very well done video:
      “Radical Christian Missionaries in Iraq”

6. Yahya January 26th, 2008 at 1:08 pm

Asalaamu Alaykum brothers and sisters,
      “Radical Christian Missionaries in Iraq”

7. Idiot January 26th, 2008 at 1:50 pm

Skeptical on January 26, 2008 at 2:07 am said:

Bush said the USA is like the guy on the horse. The guy on the horse is a Methodist Preacher spreading Christianity in the 1800s in America.

Duh!

8. southside jihad January 26th, 2008 at 3:20 pm

2CJ said:

January 26th, 2008 at 5:50 am | [Quote ]

please cj, enlighten us as to what Islam’s true meaing is. don’t forget to show your work.

9. sak January 27th, 2008 at 1:00 am

While I agree that theres no doubt Bush’s Christian beliefs play a role too close for comfort, I don’t really see whats so wrong with him taking inspiration from a man who fought to bring people to the faith Bush himself believes in. I mean, we look up to the Prophet Muhammad (saws) and his sahaba for inspration as well, no? (minus the paintings of them ofcourse, lol)

10. Mujahideen Ryder January 27th, 2008 at 2:57 am

sak on January 27, 2008 at 1:00 am said:

There is nothing wrong in him taking inspiration in the picture. I just like the fact that he’s blunt about it. Unlike his adminstration and the main stream media which deny that Bush’s war is not religiously driven as well as economical.

11. MOHAMMAD SADAQAT January 28th, 2008 at 8:16 am

Bush yer old manz gonna getta push, on his tush, wen he be standin on the bush, near the cliff, so his body be adrift on the river, till he rots like the flesh on the bot(Arnie), then there’ll be no bigot old man, coz ol bush got the can,like the evil man colored in stripes and stars, an empty gun in his severed hand, lyin dead in the sand of my forefather’s home land.

Sorry, those the bad memories speakin, I love the Americans now, because I noticed that not all the Americans are impressed with bush and antics.

12. hehe January 30th, 2008 at 2:51 am

Meh…

It’s been nearly 8 years and he hasn’t spread much Christianity. Just good ole “Democracy”. Or at least tried to. I only assume Christian groups try to spread their religion during war time no matter who is in office.