“I don’t think that’s in any way going to be something to worry about. I myself am not speaking for him. But we are here, we love people in general. People love us. I myself love people who love me. You know, so, everything’s mutual. I can’t go [sic] in terms of Israel and Kenya and America, and so forth, you know, but based on what else I’ve heard him say and what I know of him as an individual, I don’t think Israel should worry too much, you know, about the connection. Because, I am a Muslim myself, and I don’t think that my being a Muslim has got anything to do with my brother being the President of the United States.”

This was a radio interview with an Israeli or Palestinian station.  Not sure which station, but ABC News got it from the Israeli Army Radio.  The reason I think it could be a Palestinian one is that at the end of the interview he says “Asalamualykum”, acknowledging he was being interviewed by a Musim.  I don’t think Israeli stations have Muslims on them so this is why I assume it might have been a Palestinian one.  Besides that point, I think Malik was right to say what he said.  It doesn’t matter if Barack Obama’s half brother is a Muslim.

It’s really amazing how God has planned all this out and there is a strong possibility that the next President of the United States will have a Muslim lineage.  God is the best of all planners.

• 19 Responses for "Malik Obama, the Half Brother of Barack Obama: “I don’t think that my being a Muslim has got anything to do with my brother being the President of the United States.”"

1. Waqas June 22nd, 2008 at 2:38 pm

Hes not going to be

2. Muhammad Sattaur June 22nd, 2008 at 11:10 pm

I love this line

“Because, I am a Muslim myself, and I don’t think that my being a Muslim has got anything to do with my brother being the President of the United States”

3. Arifa June 22nd, 2008 at 11:37 pm

Gosh I really hope he gets it. If only I was old enough to vote (not that that would matter but still)

4. acrosstheworld June 23rd, 2008 at 11:50 am

Salam.
      I will write different topic,because ? want every Muslim know this scandal.I’m Muslim,and from turkey.Turkey justice is clearly bullshit.There is some person in turkey who against scarf,Muslims,listen me Muslims,?n turkey women can’t enter university ?F THEY WEAR SCARF OR ANY REL?G?OUS CLOTHES.Many turkish people is ignorant about Islam,and Muslim are despited by ignorant,system slaves.Most of this ignorants are secular kemalist.?n Turkey,woman cant go school if they wear head scarf.Awake brothers,believe me!This is true.Tell every one you know this tradegy.Livin like a Muslim is a crime in turkey!Turkey is a copycat of europe, and Most of its population maybe Muslim but Muslims are despited constantly.Anyone who cares about it contact with me

5. Usman Akhtar June 23rd, 2008 at 7:16 pm

i don’t get why everyone is so obsessed with Obama – he’s nothing but a yet to be murderer in disguise:

6. Afs-M June 23rd, 2008 at 8:37 pm

Considering that Zalmay Khalilzad is the highest ranking (supposed) Muslim in the US administration – and one of the architects of the war in Afghanistan – doesn’t raise much hope as to what Obama might achieve. Allah knows best.

7. Ayaan June 27th, 2008 at 8:40 am

i think its truly amazing to have Obama as president. We’re also really clothes to having a Muslim president, they would soon rule the world!!

8. AM June 27th, 2008 at 11:31 am

I don’t think anyone knows who Obama is?

The comments I am hearing from Muslims all over the country just show HOW much we are affected by Media. The way we talk about a certain topic, the way we get stupidly happy that his brother is Muslim, the way some think he will be a murderer, etc. etc.

It is all irrelevant. No one knows anything about the guy. Who knows him personally? No one. Who knows any of our leaders personally? Quite a few people – and those are probably their enemies.

The thing is, the whole ENTIRE world is under the impression that it is okay for someone to come out of nowhere, run a few commercial ads, pretend to be associated with a few groups and everyone buys into it like morons. We are living in a time, where our leaders have no morals – and they are a reflection of the people.

Why do the Muslims in America deserve a leader who should be Muslim or connected to a Muslim? Or a leader that will treat them right? So we can pretend that once that leader finally comes, that is when we will start to change our lives?

Stop following the news, close your television sets and concentrate on yourself, your family, your relatives and the community you live in. If you want to debate about big issues like this, you only begin at the level of a HYPOCRITE. We are all hyprocrites if we keep talking and concentrating on these type of huge national and international stories, and do NOTHING about them.

How many muslims exerted effort to STOP the war in Iraq from happening? How many protests did we have? How many congressmen did we mail – how many congressmen did we personally go and meet to tell them not to start the war? How much donations have we given Iraq? How many people have planned to take a trip out there to help our brothers? How many of us go to sleep at night, with their last thoughts being with the people of Iraq and Palestine and other oppressed places in the world? How many of us go to sleep, with the A/C on angry that we have to get up in perfect health to go to work and earn money so our children can eat any type of food they like? How many of us respect out spouses and friends and our time to hang out, more than we respect our own parents or our elders? How many of us backbite one another on a daily to hourly basis? How many of us teach our daughters how to be great mothers instead of paper pushers in an “office” job that they can show off about? How many of us let our sons play video games until they are 28 years old, instead of training them to be men who are responsible for the society they live in?

Lets focus on OURSELVES, and forget about Obama – believe it or no, you didn’t do anything for Obama to be here, and you will do NOTHING for him to get to the office…its not in your hands, you really have no power. But you do have a decent amount of power over YOURSELF – your own actions – you only have a limited time in this world – don’t waste it figuring out whether or not Obama’s brother is a Muslims, because it just doesn’t matter.

9. s k June 29th, 2008 at 4:05 am

i totally agree with across the world, i am muslim and what does that have to do with my brother? how many tyrants are leaders in the muslim world and they are muslim and there brothers and mothers and everyone???????????obama is dangerous, anyone who gets ”elected” is dangerous. the system is designed to fail. the system is a big tool for the dajjal. people are asleep.
      america has always been a republic. not anymore, we are an empire now and who ever is put in charge will be the same. the last true president we had was kennedy. muslims are not seeing the whole picture. may allah remove the veils from our hearts. dont forget the dajjal is alive and on earth. he is only waiting to come out on camera and take his place in the open ruling from jerusalam. is what we already see in jerusalam and palestine and the rest of the muslim and non muslim world not enough for us to wake up? is it not time for the muslims to to wake up and smell whats cooking. excessive love of this world is destroying the ummah. the sahabbah were a people who loved death more than the kaffirs loved life. now we are slaves to this dunya. please wake up. we live in a fascist country but they run it passive agressive on the americans like a frog in boiling water. gradually . the bush’s got there fortune from funding adolf hitler. they follow nazi ideology. that is a proven fact. another fact is daddy bush’s nickname in skull in bones is magog or majooj…..please wake up….
      obama is another slave of the dajjal system. the lesser of two evils is still evil!!!!! dont be in love with a system thats killing you, and your brothers and sisters. dont be halwa muslims. and its time we start a movement to free imam jamil amin, and free mumia abu jamal. mumia has more courage than most of us….go listen to mumia on youtube and wake up.

10. s k June 29th, 2008 at 4:09 am

and across the world …..im with you…..i dont know how to contact you but my email is ………..

lets make a blog or somthing…. i dont know what but the silence over this is heart breaking and there are many here in the states who are aware….its just the oppression is soo bad in most muslim countrys now adays the muslims here dont know what to do.

11. Observer July 11th, 2008 at 12:48 pm

Interesting article.

Wow, that’s one long URL.

12. Muslims for McCain July 12th, 2008 at 11:56 am

Ha ha.

These guys are just ruining it for Obama. The more he tries running away from the “Muslim smear”, it just keeps coming back.

I like the picture by the way.

Muslims need to stop thinking Obama is “their man”. Nothing can be further from the truth.

MuslimsForMcCain.com

13. Open Thread Sundae, 7/20/08 | MuslimMatters.org July 20th, 2008 at 7:23 pm

[…] on Malik Obama’s mind (yes, he is related to Obama) at MR. Talking about Obama, Muslim Apple talks about Obama’s Blackness, The Convert’s […]

14. roguetazz September 11th, 2008 at 6:11 am

Whether he’s president or not, it doesnt matter, American Gov still gonna demonize muslims. anyone seen ZeitGeist the movie?

Anyone?

15. Obama’s family connection to Islam « Freebies From The Obama Camp September 25th, 2008 at 8:12 pm

[…] Malik Obama, the Half Brother of Barack Obama: “I don’t think that my being a Muslim has got any… […]

16. malik January 22nd, 2009 at 12:37 pm

he got the same name as me

17. malik January 22nd, 2009 at 12:39 pm

and its my birthday today

18. umeezee September 10th, 2009 at 1:08 am

i just have to shake my head and ask my self one question…..How come the muslims don’t UNDERSTAND that MUSLIMS do NOT put trust in OBAMA or any other president…or MUSLIM congressman or whoever they might be. We put OUR trust ONLY in ALLAH(swt) that is why in our Shahadda we say their is NO god BUT Allah(swt) meaning we REJECT everything BUT ALLAH(swt) and the sunnah of his messenger. Allah has a system and it’s called SHARIA…I know some people claim to use sharia like SAUDI and they give it a BAD name BUT TRUE sharia like the prophet used will give mankind everything ALLAH(swt) want for us…freedom, Womens rights, JUSTICE for ALL no matter color o race. AND ALLAH does not ALLOW anyone to rule other than him SO voting for OBAMA or bush or whoever and their MAN MADE systems (democracy) looking for justice is a slick way of telling ALLAH what he has to offer his creation is worthless and outdated. this is what you are saying to ALLAH when you vote and put trust in these kafir systems and KAFIRS like OBAMA and his friends. Obama has sent more troops to KILL YOUR brothers in afghanistan and IRAQ and he supports Israel and did NOTHING but watch while the JEWS tried to kill and wipe out muslims in occupied palistine for two weeks.

Allah will make it CLEAR soon and very soon as to who is a believer and who is a FAKE muslim. No matter your name or who your parents might be or where you are from…You better learn this deen and wake up people. or when the time comes you may be known as Ayisha or Muhammad form SAUDI but you will be nothing more than a KAFIR with an islamic name.

if our prophet or his Sahabba were here with us today they would see Obama for what he is…an enemy to Islam and Muslims and they would surly call him KAFIR because he is a KILLER and an enemy to the religion of ISLAM. Had the nerve to say as the JEWS killed innocent Women, elderly and children that america has only one president t a time…he is a COWARD who didn’t have the BALLS to tell the JEWS to stand down

I hate Obama and democracy…SHARIA for me!

19. Khadija September 24th, 2009 at 5:22 pm

LOL at the comment above me

“the next President of the United States will have a Muslim lineage. God is the best of all planners.”

He is isn’t He??