After 5 years MR returns to ISNA

It’s been a long time since I have been to the ISNA convention.  InshaAllah I will be at this years convention in Columbus, Ohio.  I’ll try to do some video blogging each day.

• 6 Responses for "After 5 years MR returns to ISNA"

1. MoSin August 28th, 2008 at 9:56 am

iight….see u there

2. Abu Ibrahim August 28th, 2008 at 11:56 am

I’ve never been to an ISNA conference. They have a regional one down here in Atlanta every year around Thanksgiving, but I’ve never had the chance to participate.

In my opinion, and this is truly just my opinion, I always thought the registration fee was a little prohibitive. I know they have to pay for the hotel and the speakers accommodations. But I wonder if the registration fee keeps some Muslims away.

May Allah forgive me if I’m wrong…but sometimes these conferences (not ISNA in particular, but many other Islamic conferences) have an elitist feel to them.

3. Ali Qazi August 28th, 2008 at 4:45 pm

are you gonna post videos of the lobby to expose people?

4. Stupid August 28th, 2008 at 5:51 pm

@Ali Qazi – MR should expose the entertainment sessions which is the worse part because its portrayed as something good!

5. Ali Qazi August 29th, 2008 at 3:27 pm

@stupid – but there’s already tons of videos from entertainment sessions out there

6. The Ghazzali Blogger August 29th, 2008 at 10:02 pm

Wow I havent been to ISNA for 8 yrs (2000 was my last one where it got really bad, so much so Imam Siraj Wahaj chastised the youth in their program) Ever since Muzzamil Siddiqi’s term as president was over very interesting types of peopel have been coming to ISNA and ruined the atmosphere. But If you can ignore the atmosphere and go straight to the lessons and go straight back to your hotel room, you’ll learn a lot and it will be beneficial inshAllah.
      My uncle invited me to go this year but I couldn’t (school work).