Ramadan Banned in China

BEIJING — Local governments in a Muslim desert region in western China have imposed strict limits on religious practices during the traditional Muslim fasting month of Ramadan, which began last week, according to the Web sites of four of those governments.

The rules include prohibiting women from wearing veils and men from growing beards, as well as barring government officials from observing Ramadan. One town, Yingmaili, requires that local officials check up on mosques at least twice a week during Ramadan.

Let’s boycott China! Oh wait…we can’t because everything (well a lot of thigns) are “made in China”.

Source: NY Times

• 9 Responses for "Ramadan Banned in China"

1. ??? September 8th, 2008 at 9:02 pm

Hello MR:

I am a non-muslim from china.
      I’ve subscribed your website for quite a while.
      Since you pasted this news from NYtime that I ‘ve read just a moment before, I have something to tell you:

I have lived this country more than 20 years. I know what China exactly is. That’s a very bad place especially for your muslim brothers.
      The gov. here has suppressed them for several centuries and after 911, more and more brainless ill-minded people began to discriminate muslims.

Give a look at this blog please. the blogger also an american

2. Saifuddin September 8th, 2008 at 9:32 pm

Hi ???,

You wrote,

“Your western media, is too soft to China, and have romanticized too much too long of China .”

You can’t expect at multi-national media company based in the U.S. to do much against the Chinese Government. China is the issuer of a figurative promissory note of several billion dollars and the United States is the payee.

What could the Press, a political tool in its own right, possibly say against China while they are holding this kind of advantage?

-Saifuddin

3. MR September 9th, 2008 at 10:30 am

@ $$$ – I apologize that the what you typed for your name didn’t appear. It might have been chinese letters and my blog’s platform or server isn’t set up to accept them (which is sad, because I prob can’t see Arabic either).

I also request that you share some videos or articles of the reality of Islam in China. I’d love to blog about it from an inside source!

4. miloservic September 10th, 2008 at 2:27 am

HI MR?

I am the ??? or $$$, “miloservic” is my english ID.
      China islamic scholors are struggling as you did in western country.
      They write books, publish magzines…
      but they are also strictly contolled.

I’ve shared a lot things from western muslim media, books to them

I APPRECIATE very much to your westerners that you really care about china muslim more than chinese.
      That blog I post in the 1st comment is an example.
      here I can give you an address, also runned by westerners, an english website.

5. AAA September 10th, 2008 at 11:56 am

There are three persons whose supplications are never rejected: The just leader, the fasting person when he breaks his fast and the oppressed when he supplicates and whose supplication is raised above the clouds and the gates of heaven are opened for it and Allaah will say, “By My Glory! I shall assist you even if it is after a while.”’

So my fellow muslims in china or wherever you are make dua to Allaah so he would destroy those who fight against his religion.

May Allaah put destruction upon those who fight against his religion. Ameen

6. Asim September 10th, 2008 at 3:48 pm

Yo MR check this out!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EU0EQlmfDY

its soo whack.

7. miloservic September 10th, 2008 at 5:04 pm

nO longer availible…
      so soon…

8. miloservic September 10th, 2008 at 5:07 pm

Did youtube send people for attending Olympics?
      They are really Higher caution level, Swifter delete, and Stronger censorship….
      How olympic spirit they are!!!

9. Believer1984 September 15th, 2008 at 2:39 am

No 1 can stop a Muslim from practicing Islam:)