Janaza for Imam Warith Deen Muhammad in Chicago – 9/11/08

I advise all Muslims in and around the Chicago area to attend the janaza for Imam Warith Deen Muhammad. You can find more info about here.

A Muslim prayer service for Imam W. Deen Mohammed is planned for this Thursday at 1:45 p.m. at the Islamic Foundation of Villa Park, 300 W Highridge Rd., Villa Park, IL 60181, followed by internment to Mt. Glennwood Cemetary, 18301 E Glenwood and Thornton Rd., Glenwood, IL 60425.

This Friday at 1 p.m. the Muslim community will hold a unity Jumah, Friday Muslim congregational prayer service, on the community’s property across from 2979 W. 167th St. Markham, IL at 1 p.m.

The community memorial service is planned for this Saturday also on the community’s property across from 2979 W. 167th St., Markham, IL at 1 p.m.

Imam Warith died in Ramadan. As we all know the gates of Hell are closed and the gates of Heaven are open. May Allah (swt) forgive and grant Imam Warith jannah. Ameen!
Source: Imam Dawud Walid, student of Imam Warith Deen Muhammad

• 10 Responses for "Janaza for Imam Warith Deen Muhammad in Chicago – 9/11/08"

1. lamia September 10th, 2008 at 11:52 am

May Allah forgive him and accept him in Jannah! INSH’ALLAH!

2. Sister Huetta Mateen and Family September 11th, 2008 at 1:42 pm

As-Salaamu Alaikum

Our Dear brother will be missed by the world and we shall continue to remember him and his family in our prayers. Al-ham du li la

3. Imam Ayman Abdul-Mujeeb and Family September 11th, 2008 at 8:02 pm

We pray ALLAH (S.W.T) will have mercy upon the Honorable Imam Warith Deen Muhammad, forgive him his sins, and grant him into paradise. We cannot be stoped now. The light is on.

4. NAEEMAH Q ALI AND FAMILY September 12th, 2008 at 6:47 pm

WHEN I HEARD THE NEWS ABOUT THE IMAM I WAS SO EXCITED BECAUSE I KNEW THAT IT IS RAMADAN AND THE GATES OF HELL ARE CLOSED AND HE IS GOING TO JINNAH………INSHA ALLAH…..MAY ALLAH CONTINUE TO BLESS THE FAMILY AND OUR MUSLIM COMMUNITY DURING THIS MONTH…HE WAS A GOOD MAN AND DID ALOT FOR THIS COUNTRY AND OUR MUSLIM COMMUNITY……ALLAH CREATED HIM TO PERFORM HIS DUTY…..HE WAS DETERMINED AND STEADFAST IN COMPLETING HIS MISSION…..

ALLAHU -AKBAR

5. Martha A. Fraser_ Abdur Rahim September 14th, 2008 at 9:19 pm

Someone asked me why I respected Imam Warith Deem Muhammad
      and my reply was this. (1) He loved Allah, (2) He taught from the Qur’an , He brought us to mainstream Islam (3) He taught about good morals, and he taught about good character to name a few.
      He was sincere, and humble .He was not vain

Allah allowed him to complete his mission here on earth (pbuh)

My family and myself will forever thank Allah for allowing him to be among us, guiding and helping. Allahu – Akbar

6. Mary Ann H. Bienvenu September 15th, 2008 at 1:56 am

The gates of hell is closed and Iman Muhammad has Jinnah . iman died on the 9th day of Ramadan . I am grateful to Iman Muhammad and his father . Knowledge is power .

7. Anisa Abd"Allah - Muhammad - Warith Deen September 19th, 2008 at 3:07 pm

Imam W.D. Muhammad will be more famous, (altough not his mission or objective), and well known in passing than he was
      here on earth!

He was an extrodinary man, an excellent Muslim, and a great leader and teacher. His example is one to be remembered ALWAYS, highly regarded and followed. His words and teachings will echo in the hearts ahd minds of those who loved him dearly… He was a sincere man of truth, faith, honor and excellence, high morals and wonderful charachter.

He will be missed tremendously! We are indeed grateful for
      the leadership of Imam W. D. Muhammad! He lead us to the word
      of Allah (SWT), and the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (saw). As African American Muslims, we are extremely grateful!

May Allah bless him with the highest of places in Paradise!
      Ameen.

Sincere condolences to the entire Muhammad family!

As Salaamu Alaikum.

8. ameen shabazz October 19th, 2008 at 12:25 am

MAY ALLAH FORGIVE THIS NOBLE MAN AND HONOR HIM WITH HIS MERCY AND PARADISE AND THE RANKS OF ALL HIS SERVANTS & PLANT OUR FEET FIRMLY IN THE PATH OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD (PBUH). LET OUR LIVES BE A WITNESS TO THE GREAT WORK OF IMAM WARITH DEEN MUHAMMAD. HIS STUDENT & FOLLOWER ALWAYS.
      AMME PREZ SHABAZZ

9. abdul hakim rashid October 25th, 2008 at 7:57 pm

Abdul Hakim Rashid

Peace on the community of Warith Deen Muhammad.
      Peace to his family and relatives.
      Peace to those that submit to the will of Allah.

The news was shocking to me of our leaders return to Allah, however it did arrive late to my ears. Yet, I am bless this day to be able to have thought of our great leader once again, and located a web site to address my regards concerning such a wonderful muslim as Warith Deen Muhammad. I am from New Orleans, and presently under his leadership since 1975, and until my death, i shall remain ever faithful. I attend the university of Houston, at the age of 57, i am a junior. He desired an educated community. His light….(knowledge) is now embedded in the annals of “Islamic” history never to be withdrawn. I have visited serveral cities, where his communities exist, and have seen with my own eyes his works in progress, and must report the good news once again…..they are a must see. His flag of submission to the will of Allah, shall forever be carried by those who believe. I must state for the record, that i could not have chosen a better choice than to have, proclaimed myself a muslim in the presence of Allah and witnesses, nor have been associated with the leadership of such a wonderful community, as the muslims under the leadership, and direction as that of Warith Deen Muhammmad. Keep up the good works of Warith Deen Muhammad, for all the darkness in the universe cannot put out his light, nor the light of Allah. This you can believe. The world traverler.

10. Imam Al Hajj Umar Khalif Hassan El October 26th, 2008 at 11:21 am

ASA
      We loved you but ALLAH loved you the best. Rest in Peace.
      Masjid Al Kauthar/Muslim Ctr. of Wilmington, Delaware