Update: The remix is even worse!

I find this song somewhat insulting and somewhat amusing. The supposedly “Arabic” phrase the chorus uses sounds like a drunk crack addict trying to recite the first half the shahada but then jokes around at the end. Busta also talks about gambling with Arafat, astagfirAllah. I dont know which Arafat he is referring to but there is only one popular Arafat that America knows and that is the deceased Palestinian leader Yassir Arafat (may Allah forgive him and grant him Jannah.).

The only good thing I found from the lyrics was this line:

I make you bow down and make salat like a Muslim

Maybe Busta forgot that there is no compulsion in the deen unless he was addressing the Muslims.

The last part is funny:

See, now I take trips to Baghdad dummy
While I use stacked chips and count Arab money now
I don’t need to get fresh, about to grow a beard duke
So much cake even the money look weird too
Domestic bread, and I’m broad, I’m tryna eat right
Prince Alwali, Bin Talal, Al Saul
They respect the value of my worth in Maui, Malaysia
Iran and Iraq, Saudi Arabia!

Busta Rhymes did say his intention wasn’t to insult or hurt the Arab culture. This is what he said:

“It’s called ‘Arab Money.’…’Take the Money’ or ‘Arab Money’,” he said before speaking on his interpretation of the song. “Sometimes, people like to twist things. We ain’t mockin’ the culture. we ain’t tryin’ to be disrespectful. Ain’t no racism going on right here. If you listen to the song, you see that we are actually acknowledging the fact that the Arabian culture, a middle East culture is one of the few cultures, that value passing down hard work riches that’s been built amongst the family.”

“It would be nice if a lot of other cultures did the same thing. Feel me? So, I would like for it to be like that in my culture where we could build things to the point where we got so much that we don’t need to rely on other cultures to contribute majorly in a financial way, or in whatever other way, to societies, communities or whatever governments we might live in. So, we are actually biggin’ up the culture. At the end of the day, I want to be like that. I think a lot of us want to be like that.”

Okay, I’ll respect his intentions but I still feel the song is insulting towards Islam, Muslims and Arabs. I ask Allah (swt) to guide Busta Rhymes and forgive him.  After all he is still our Muslim brother.

• 106 Responses for "Busta Rhymes’s new song, “Arab Money” is insulting to Islam, Muslims and Arabs"

1. Amir Thompson June 6th, 2010 at 12:15 am

Thank you for an excellent track 😉 I really enjoy listening to it!

2. zac June 20th, 2010 at 7:14 pm

Hello and thanks for a track anyway.. Im a muslem and arabic man . I love my religion and we are arab people not like that, I mean some people who have alot of money and especial some arab in Golf and also our presidents wich USA put them to take our money so I hope good arab people take power to cut off the oil to your country and see u ride the horses so fuck u and fuck our presidents

3. kaif June 23rd, 2010 at 3:30 am

really? do us muslim not have any sense of humor…seems like we are never able to light hearted. just reading some of these comments is a disgrace, the story is a disgrace.

and to whoever siad busta was five percenter, he used to be, he’s not anymore. Same with ghostface and Nas

4. Meee June 26th, 2010 at 3:40 pm

Lets be realistic here. If u are quick to take offence at everything u hear about your religion,you’ll just lose ur mind. Everyday, christians, muslims, hindus, whatever religion u have in mind, are being attacked and persecuted any which way u want. I’m a christian but I wont say what Busta did was right. But aint nothing anbody can do about it. People talk about Jesus and the bible too in ways we christians don’t like but the difference between muslims and christians is that muslims take every comment to heart and raise swords while christians just look it over and walk away. It doesnt mean it doesnt hurt us too. It’s just part of life. Look around u, when last did u hear christians went to war with someone or some group becos they felt they were insulted? How many times have u seen a christian nation burn an arab nation’s flag? How many times have u heard that a suicide bomber was any other religion other than muslim? Lots of rappers dont rap reasonably so why do u get offended by it? Pls, dont bust a vein over this. It doesnt change what u believe in anyway. And it doesn’t change facts about religion. Thats the way I see it. Your Allah will judge u according to u and not someone else. My God will do same for me.Dont get so worked up over it. MUF

5. Paul Hart July 7th, 2010 at 12:14 pm

It was We who revealed the law (to Moses): therein was guidance and light. By its standard have been judged the Jews, by the prophets who bowed to Allah’s will, by the rabbis and the doctors of law: for to them was entrusted the protection of Allah’s book, and they were witnesses thereto: therefore fear not men, but fear me,

AND SELL NOT MY SIGNS FOR A MISERABLE PRICE.

If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) Unbelievers.

(Al Quran 5:44)

6. ebrahim July 23rd, 2010 at 11:32 am

FU*K ALL WHO ENJOYED THIS SOONGG :)