IMPORTANT NOTE: This post was lost due to my former-host’s server crash.  I recovered the content, but not the comments.

I am not attacking Obama, but I’m watching him closely. This guy might be an excellent Democratic Politician, but it is interesting to note his relationship with Israel.

Representative Rahm Emanuel of Illinois.  Source: New York Times

From Wikipedia:

His father, the Jerusalem-born Benjamin M. Emanuel, is a pediatrician and was a member of the Irgun, a militant Zionist group active during the British Mandate of Palestine.

Basically his father was a Jewish terrorist.

So he is done pleasing Israel.  Now what will be his next move?  Yes, I voted for him and I still stand by it, becuase I didn’t want Sarah Palin in office, and I want the Iraq war to end.  I also want the economy to improve.

I don’t expect Barack Obama do everything pleasing to me or anyone.

• 13 Responses for "First Thing Obama Does is Select the Son of a Zionist Jew as White House Chief of Staff [Recovered]"

1. Sulayman F November 6th, 2008 at 5:37 pm

Your headline makes me antsy.
      Rahm Emmanual’s father was a militant Zionist. And Obama’s father was a nominal Muslim. What does that have to do with the actual opinions and policies of their children? Not necessarily so much.

Obama never followed his father’s religion, and Emmanuel shouldn’t be judged based on his father’s affiliations, unless he agrees with them.

From what I can read, he’s a member of AIPAC and visits Tel Aviv most summers. However, he favored Obama, who wants to sit down for talks with Iran and pull out of Iraq.

Despite all the hoopla, Emmanuel has not yet accepted it. If Emmanuel takes the job, he will kiss his dream as Speaker of the House goodbye. Chief of Staff is a powerful job, but seen as a dead-end one. So maybe everyone’s jumping the gun.

If he takes on the job, he will be gatekeeper to Obama, meaning he can screen visitors out. That could mean he could filter Obama’s views, but Obama already made a lot of policy promises in his campaign that he’ll have to deliver on. I think his Secretary of State, whoever it will be, will be constrained by the situation andthe last 5 secretaries of state have all advised the next one to do more to resolve Middle East problems.

Emmanuel is an omnimous choice, but he could be better than we think. At the least, he’ll be better than Bush, and realistically more like Clinton’s policy (where Clinton pushed the Israelis to concede for the Palestinians’ benefit)

2. Yousuf November 6th, 2008 at 8:46 pm

Salaam

I really didn’t expect Obama to be that awesome. At least he’s better than Bush!!! —–and Sarah Palin.

27% of Americans like Bush, so that means 73% have been BUSHED.

(According to my friend)

3. tr November 6th, 2008 at 10:17 pm

Here is a different take on Rahm by the Atlantic—

The news that Rahm Emanuel has accepted Barack Obama’s request to be his chief of staff is fascinating on many levels, not least of which is Rahm’s deep Israel credentials. First, in the interest of full disclosure, I’ve known Rahm for a long time, and he’s yelled at me for no good reason on many occasions. This, of course, is the way he expresses affection. I do believe, despite the yelling, that Rahm is an excellent choice to run the White House, and I’ll get into that later.

But for now, a couple of comments about the Israel connection:

1) This choice makes the entire “Does Obama secretly hate Israel?” conversation seem a bit ridiculous (Though the vast majority of Jewish voters seemed to have figured that out by the election). Rahm did not, despite the rumors, serve in the Israeli Army, but he is deeply and emotionally committed to Israel and its safety. We’ve talked about the issue a dozen times; it’s something he thinks about constantly, and his appointment gives me further reason to believe that the Obama Administration will not wait seven years to address the Israeli-Arab crisis.

2) Peace-processors take heart: Rahm, precisely because he’s a lover of Israel, will not have much patience with Israeli excuse-making, so when the next Prime Minister tells President Obama that as much as he’d love to, he can’t dismantle the Neve Manyak settlement outpost, or whichever outpost needs dismantling, because of a) domestic politics; b) security concerns, or c) the Bible, Rahm will call out such nonsense, and it will be very hard for right-wing Israelis to come back and accuse him of being a self-hating Jew. This is not to say that he’s unaware of Palestinian dysfunction, or Iranian extremism, but that he has a good grasp of some of Israel’s foibles as well. All in all, it’s a very heartening choice.

4. A'ishah November 7th, 2008 at 4:07 am

Assalaamu aleykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,
      I think the thing that bothers me most about this is not that Rahm Emanuel necessarily agrees with his father on all points, just as an earlier poster mentioned that Barack Obama is not a Muslim because some of his family members are. The thing that bothers me is the gross double standard; the Muslim son of an Islamic terrorist would not even be a Senator, let alone nominated to Chief of Staff for the President of the United States. There would be outrage. But the Jewish son of a Zionist terrorist…no one says a thing. (Except us, hehehe.)

5. ali November 7th, 2008 at 4:33 am

Assalamu alaikum,

Your choice to vote and your stated reasons for doing so are not connected in practical truth. Your voting had no tangible effect on those issues.

You and me and all conscientious muslims want to be a means for good. Voting in US presidential elections was and will remain one of the least effective ways to bring about good. The potency that following the run-up to the elections and then casting a humiliating and completely ineffective vote both have to nearly completely annihilate the benefit of the time a person puts into the process is astounding. Astounding, and tragic for believers, who could have, for instance, formed a student-teacher relationship with a hafiz and memorized 40 or 60 or more or less pages of Quran in the time they spent contemplating their vote and all that is connected with it.

Let’s make more effort to learn more quran, have more kids, and do more dawah. MR, keep up the good work in all those areas, and keep increasing. I ask Allah ta’aalaa to help me do the same. Those three tasks and others like them are hard work, time-consuming, and eternally rewarding. To do good work well we need to put our time into that before other lesser pursuits, both the permissible and impermissible of them. As I write this I read on the left categories for your posts: Music, news, polls, ramadan, random, rant…. Which of those is worth the time put into all the others?

May Allah bless you with every good.

6. ali November 7th, 2008 at 4:34 am

assalamu alaikum,

i intended to only include my first name.

kindly, and quickly, remove my last name from my post.

jazakallahu khairan.

7. Azeem November 7th, 2008 at 11:13 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahm_Emanuel enjoy.

8. Aisha November 7th, 2008 at 11:43 am

I think that the choice of Emanuel is not good sign of Obama’s presidency toward the Middle East because Rahm Emanuel is a staunch supporter of the occupation of Palestine/Zionist. In fact, I read on wikipedia that he served in the Israeli Defense Force (IDF) in the early 90’s.

I knew that both Obama and McCain would be relatively the same when it comes to the Middle East and Muslim lands and thus, I abstained from voting, which was only an act of choosing the lesser of 2 evils. As far as the Middle East is concerned, things will be heavily favored toward the occupation of Muslim lands and killing of innocent Muslims throughout the world, whether it be President Obama or President McCain.

Therefore, I do not celebrate the election of Obama because the most important issue for me as a Muslim, the occupation of and wars waged in Muslim lands, will not get any better, and hope that Allah (SWT) will help the innocent Muslims achieve victory against the oppressors.

9. dude November 7th, 2008 at 1:17 pm

Let’s not judge people by their fathers.

So do you know anything else about this man?

10. Usman Akthar November 8th, 2008 at 8:16 pm

pakiboy says: “Saap ka baacha, admi nahay ho sakhta, saap ka baacha saap heh”

naw em sayin?

11. s k November 9th, 2008 at 5:37 am

DONT MISTAKE DELUSION FOR OPTIMISOM. DONT TAKE THIS AS BEING NEGATIVE. I KNOW ALLAH IS IN CONTROL AND GOOD WILL WIN. AND THIS IS WHATS BEST FOR US NOW. BUT THERE IS A FINE LINE BETWEEN BEING PLEASED WITH THE DECREE OF ALLAH, AND DISLIKING SOMETHING FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH. AND TRYING TO CHANGE IT WITH OUR HANDS, TOUNGE OR HEART. WHERE IS OUR HEARTS? YA LATIF
      OBAMA WILL NOT STOP THE WAR, AND HE IS THE “MAN” FOR THE NEO/ZIONIST BANKERS WHO ARE USING RIBA TO BANKRUPT THE WORLD FOR A NEW WORLD ORDER AS THEY KEEP SAYING EVERYDAY LATELY THAT THEY ARE ABOUT TO ACHIEVE…THEY HAVE PUT HIM IN POWER TO UNITE THE WHOLE COUNTRY IN A TRIBAL NATIONALISTIC ORGY OF EMOTIONS FOR A MAN WHO WILL OFFER NO REAL CHANGE FOR THE BETTER. BUT NOW YOU ARE AN EXTREAMIST, RACIST ANTISEMITE IF YOU HAVE DISENT AGAINST PHAROH, THE MURDERERS OF PALESTINIAN CHILDREN, AND THE HIGHJACKERS OF THE AMERICAN CONSTITUTION AND LIBERTY. CANT WE SEE ARE OUR HEARTS BLIND? NOW THE VOICES OF REASON AGAINST IMPERIALISM ARE IN THE SAME CAMP OF THE ANTI AMERICAN CONSTITUTION DESTROYING WAR HAWKS WHO ARE BANKRUPTING THIS COUNTRY . THERE LOYALITY IS TO THE DAJJAL SYSTEM. ZIONISM, NEW WORLD ORDER AND ALL THERE SECRET SOCIETIES THEY USE TO CARRY OUT THIS MASSIVE PLAN. LOOK UP THE WORD CONSPIRSY IN THE DICTIONARY. HAVE THE COURAGE TO INVESTIGATE FOR YOUR SELF. DONT TAKE MY WORD FOR IT …JUST RESEARCH PUT AN EFFORT TO EDUCATE YOURSELF AND OTHERS.
      ALL THE PREVIOUS PRESIDENTS WERE TAKING ORDERS FROM THE SAME MASTERS, THEY ALL HAVE A PART OF THE PLAN, BUSH WAS TO ACT STUPID AND LIKE HE MADE THIS WHOLE MESS. HE JUST FOLLOWED ORDERS, THEY ARE LAUGHING AT US THEY THINK WE ARE STUPID SHEEP.

WILL OBAMA STOP THE USE OF NUCLEAR WASTE ON CIVILLIANS LET ALONE OTHER MILITARIES?
      WILL OBAMA DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE INSIDE JOB OF 911, WILL HE HOLD HIS SPONSERS AND BUDDIES RESPONSIBLE?
      WILL HE CLOSE SATANIC GROUPS LIKE BOHEIMAN GROVE?
      WILL HE DO ANYTHING OVER THE MILLION PLUS DEAD IN IRAQ ALONE?
      WILL HE DO SOMETHING ABOUT TORTURE, THE PATIROT ACT, THE DESTRUCTION OF THE BILL OF RIGHTS?
      THE FEMA CAMPS THE GOV. IS OPENLY SAYING ON THERE WEB SITES THAT THEY ARE BUILDING? THEY CALL THEM CIVILLIAN INTERNMENT CAMPS, FOR WHEN THE NEXT FALSE FLAG OPERATION HAPPENS THAT THEY HAVE BOLDY GUARANTED WOULD HAPPEN. AND THEY PROMISED TO LOCK ALL THE MUSLIMS UP IN AMERICA, INFACT THEY WILL DECLARE MARSHALL LAW AND CAN DETAIN THE MAJORITY OF THE POPULATION UNTILL THE NEW SYSTEM IS ORGANIZED SO AMERICANS CANT RESIST THE NEW GLOBAL STATE THEY FORM
      WE CALL OUR SELVES MUSLIMS? WE ARE SORRY EXCUSE OF SPOILED PEOPLE , WE WONT RESEARCH, WE WONT BE THE FRIST TO SPEAK OUT, WE WONT EVEN BE THE LAST. I AM EXTREAMLY BOTHERED BY THIS AND I HOPE M.R. DOESNT CENSOR THIS BECAUSE WE NEED TO HEAR IT. THIS IS SERIOUS.
      DO WE THINK DAJJAL IS A BEDTIME STORY? A FAIRYTALE? DO WE NOT SEE THE SIGNS ALL AROUND FALLING INTO PLACE…PLEASE SOME ONE KINDLY RESPOND TO ME WHY WERE WARNED FOR?????PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY WE ARE NOT STUDYING, LOOKING AT THE WORLD WE ARE IN…..WE ARE BURYING OUR HEADS IN THE SAND LIKE OSTRICH…..
      PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH …..WAKE UP. RESIST IMPERIALISM, RESIST ZIONISM, RESIST THE ALL THAT PURE EVIL THAT IS PLOTTING AGAINST THE MUSLIMS AND THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. WE LIVE IN AMERICA, WE OWE IT TO THE PEOPLE, WE OWE IT TO THE GOOD PEOPLE THAT LIVE HEAR WHO DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE WORLD ALLAH. SAYID MUHAMMAD SALALLAHU ALEYHE WA SALLAM. THEY DONT KNOW WHAT WE HAVE BEEN WARNED WITH….THEY CAN DIE WITH OUT EVER SAYING AL HAMDULLELAH. YOU WANT TO MAKE DAWA. HAVE IZZAH, HONOR, COURAGE, SHOW THEM WE STAND FOR JUSTICE, PEACE AND LOVE. SHOW THEM COMPASSION. HELP THEM, HELP US ALL, WE ALL HAVE A PART TO DO.
      DO YOU THINK MALCOM X IS LOVED AND RESPECTED TILL NOW BECAUSE HE HIDD AWAY, CHASING DOLLARS, AFRAID TO SAY THE TRUTH,
      HE GAVE HIS LIFE FOR HIS LOVE OF ALLAH, THE PEOPLE, TRUTH, JUSTICE AND MAKING AN EXAMPLE
      NOW WE ARE A DISGRACE TO THE PROPHET SALALLAHU ALEYHE WASALLAM, MALCOM, AND THE WORD MUSLIM

WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO OFFER TO MAKE THIS BETTER.
      AT LEAST RESEARCH AND BECOME AWARE AND EDUCATE OTHERS
      INSHALLAH I HOPE I WAS CLEAR AND YOU GET THAT THIS IS COMMING FROM LOVE
      SALAM

12. Zahra November 9th, 2008 at 6:59 pm

Thing is, Emanuel is bad on more than just the Palestine issue:

13. hamza November 10th, 2008 at 10:12 pm

the brother above is right, except one things he left out.. there is no cure for this. we are living in a different time then Brother Malcolm, but more similar to the time of Prophet Muhammad (SallAllahuAlayhiWasalaam). Because when all these things were happening in Makkah (not even on the extreme level it is today) The Sahabas and the Prophet made Hijrah to Medinah.
      So inshallah, we have no home but the Muslim lands and Medinah/Makkah. We Must make Hijra from the West. Dont be weak minded and say to yourself ‘where should I go? which country? i dont know if the people will accept me?’ That just means u lack IMAN. THOSE ARE YOUR PEOPLE AND IF THEY DONT ACT LIKE IT OR FOLLOW IN THE WAY OF THE SALAF(1st 3 generation of ISLAM) (im not salafi, im MUSLIM) THEN CHANGE THEM. SHOW THEM WHAT WE DO HERE IN AMERICA, GET ALONG WITH ALL MUSLIMS. TEACH THEM. THEY BOW DOWN TO THE AMERICAN PASSPORT AFTER THE QURAN, ASTAGFIRALLAH!
      WE NEED TO USE THESE THINGS TO OUR ADVANTAGE. IF THEY AINT LIVING RIGHT, TEACH THEM AND MAKE THEM AND SHOW THEM. STOP TRYING TO IMPRESS NON-MUSLIMS AND ENGAGING IN INTERFAITH DIALOG FOR THE NEXT 20 YEARS AND HAVE THEM RANT OUT JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD EVERYTIME U MEET THEM.
      GO HELP YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN THE MUSLIM LANDS WHO THINK LIVING A LIFE OF SIN IS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT. U BEEN HERE, U KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE. SO GO TELL THEM!!!
      HIJRA FEESABEELILAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (for the sake of Allah)

Brother MR:
      Alhamdulilah, thank you Brother MR for deleting the american-salafi post. may Allah bless you, and thank you for taking my advice about visiting the site of the Shaykh i mentioned. JazakAllah Khair
      you are a very wise brother and i have actually been visiting and reading your work from back in the day. its my favorite islamic-american news website. even till today. thanks for the costco halal lamb post too.
      but i just want to remind you, and i know you have read it since I saw your comment regarding yemeni politics.
      but please brother, dont be fooled please take the advice of the Shaykh’s website and the last couple blogs he posted.
      Im telling you, I recently just finished listening to his HEREAFTER collection, subhanAllah its amazing. and he had so much wisdom and knowledge when he made it back then(i believe mid 90s). as well as LIVES of the Prophet collection.
      listen to the 50 minor and 10 major signs of the day of judgement. pretty much ALL (45-47) MAJOR SIGNS HAVE ALREADY HAPPEND. listening to the last few and the major ones will pretty much put us all in check.
      you are a smart brother and so wise. i love you feesabelilah. just please spread the truth, or when dealing with things we are not completely sure of, it is best to stay away from it (ie politics). please forgive me for anything wrong i said, and make dua for me.
      take care, your brother always