There is a lot of love and hate in the Muslim blogosphere regarding Obama and his moves after he became President-elect. I’m neutral right now, because Bush is still the President until Jan. 20, 2009. That’s more than 2 months of Bush’s policies. Obama can select all the people he wants in his cabinet and talk about all his policy changes, but nothing will happen until January 21, 2009.
Now the Obama lovers and haters have a few things in common. They fail realize that Obama is:
- …not a Muslim, so he’s not subject to the Qur’an and Sunnah
- …not in control, because Bush still is.
- …not the best President ever since [insert current best President], because he has not even started his Presidency.
- …not perfect. He’s not even close to being perfect. He’s made many mistakes in his campaign of which Ralph Nader highlighted a few. He’s also made mistakes as a Senator (voting for the billion dollar bail out plan which gave the crooks more money to thrive off of).
- …not going to please everyone. He will especially not please Muslims, because many of us don’t really care about American politics nor participate in the government. So those who don’t care, will not be cared for.
- …not going to stop killing Muslims.
And lastly the most important fact to remember is that Barack Obama is President-ELECT. He will be the President of the United States of America and Commander-in-Chief on January 20, 2009, inshaAllah.
Remember, we still have more than 2 months of Bush!
This post is dedicated to HAhmed, Jinnzaman, Obama fans at MuslimMatters, Muslim Republicans, Egyptian Gumbo, Sulayman, Tariq Nelson, Umar Lee, Abu Yusuf, MOFW and the rest of the Obama lovers and haters in the American Muslim Ummah.
For the rest of us (including myself) who are neither the Obama hater or lover, please join me on my blog on Jan. 19, 2009, to celebrate the last day of Bush.