May Allah (swt) forgive us all! I recently blogged about Busta Rhymes song, Arab Money, and how it was insulting to Islam, Muslims and Arabs, but now his remix has gone way to far!  Although this is a huge dawah incentive, becuase many people will inquire, “What is Busta saying?”. This is an open letter to them:

Open Letter to Busta Rhymes, T-Pain, Akon and Swissbeatz

Bismillah

Asalamualykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh my dear brothers in Islam Busta Rhymes, T-Pain, Akon and Swissbeatz.

All praise is due to Allah (swt).  Lord of the worlds.  It is Allah whom we worship and only Allah we go to for help.  It is Allah who has given us everything and it is Allah who will take everything away.

Busta – I recently heard your song called Arab Money and I was disappointed at it.  I posted my reflection here.  Now you have a remix with Akon, T-Pain and Swissbeatz who are also Muslims a long with other rappers like Diddy.

All of you understand that the Qur’an is the word of Allah (swt) and that it should be treated with the utmost respect.  I am not going to judge your intentions but only give you sincere advice.  I am not sure if you are aware of the ruling on music in Islam but I advise you to seek knowledge, read the Qur’an, the Hadith and consult with Muslim scholars in America regrading music in Islam.

It may be your intention was to praise Allah and give thanks to Him for all the money you have been blessed (or tested) with which is a good thing, but the way the song is presented is disrespectful and may stir emotions amongst the Muslim community.

I sincerely ask you to check out Halal Tube and listen to some lectures there.  You can download the audio lectures in MP3 format and add it to you iPod/iPhone and listen to it while you travel around the country and world.

Anything good I have said is from Allah (swt) and anything bad I said is from myself.  Please forgive me if I have offended any of you.

Ma’salaama,

-MR

Here is the audio clip:

• 82 Responses for "Busta Rhymes, T-Pain, Akon and Swissbeatz Recite Qur’an in Arab Money Remix!"

1. SportsBrotha November 29th, 2008 at 2:40 pm

Nicely said MR. We obviously don’t know their intentions, but using the Quran in a song (not even saying the words correctly) is probably not the way to go.

2. SportsBrotha November 29th, 2008 at 2:43 pm

Not only that, there are Arabs that aren’t Muslim, so to classify all Arabs as Muslim is pretty insensitive as well…

Not a good thing all around

3. tDOT November 29th, 2008 at 5:47 pm

N’ auzoo billah!
      I hope ther intentions were good at the very least, Not even reciting verses of the Quraan, but theyre singin itt! They gone waay overboard now.

Neeeda work on ther tajweed stylll
      May Allah (Swt) protect us from fitnah!

4. A. November 29th, 2008 at 6:03 pm

That is too much…seriously, that’s more than sad…:(
      May Allah guide them and forgive them, amin. May Allah guide the Ummah and help us to improve our pathetic condition. May Allah protect Ash Shabbaabul Muslimoon from all the Fitaan and Fasaad going on out there, ameen.
      Well said MR, inshaAllah they’ll benefit from your words.

5. Nihal Khan November 29th, 2008 at 6:05 pm

I’m back :) http://www.nihalkhan.blogspot.com

6. shakur November 30th, 2008 at 12:24 am

Some of the hadiths that deal with the signs of the Last Day
      It is also a sign that the Qur’an will be read only for pleasure, just like a song:
      When the Qur’an is read as if singing a song, and when a person is esteemed for reading in that way, even though he is not knowledged …(Al-Tabarani, Al-Kabir)

There will come a time upon the Ummat when people will recite the Qur’an, but it will not go further than their throats, (into their hearts).

There will come a time for my people when there will remain nothing of the Qur’an except its outward form and nothing of Islam except its name and they will call themselves by this name even though they are the people furthest from it.
      Agreed upon)

Allah’s Messenger (saas) spoke of something and said: “It will happen when knowledge will be no more. “ (Ziyad) said: “Allah’s Messenger, how will knowledge vanish despite the fact that we will be reciting the Qur’an and teaching its recitation to our children and our children will teach its recitation to their children up to the Day of Resurrection?” Thereupon he (the Prophet (saas)) said: “Ziyad, do these Jews and Christians not recite the Torah and the Bible but not act according to what is contained in them?”
      (Ahmad, Ibn Majah, Tirmidhi)

7. Nihal Khan November 30th, 2008 at 12:55 am

What is he saying in arabic? The only thing I could make out was “Alhamdulillah + as salamu alaykum.”

8. Nihal Khan November 30th, 2008 at 12:57 am

Oh….

Bismillah + Alhamdulillah rabil alamin…

9. Abu Dharr November 30th, 2008 at 1:40 am

I just attended the “Muslims & Hip Hop” segment of MANA’s 2008 Conference in Philly today.

If you were there, MR – you probably would not jump with glee and make presumptuous statements about rap lyrics being the avenue of da’wah you foresee it being.

One of the hadith that was mentioned in Imam Talib’s powerpoint presentation was:

“There is magic in oratory”

Busta Rhymes and all these other ‘cats’ are so naive and obsequious to their bosses who OWN them **and** their distribution rights.

When Muslims cheer about our holy legacies on the mouths of people who gloat about criminal records, doing drugs and treating women like whores – who are the bigger fools? the rap artists or us?

10. Chuck November 30th, 2008 at 4:45 am

Personally, was annoyed me was that they Autotuned the Quran. AutoTune sucks bad.

11. SistaR November 30th, 2008 at 2:50 pm

Astagfirullah they’ve used verses of the Holy Quraan in such a crappy song, and insulted Arabs & Muslims. But we can only hope that those who do listen to it may learn from the naiveness of these rappers.

There will be a bunch of Muslim teens who listen to this and stop and think “ok if all these big rap stars ‘praise’ Allah in their songs, and they probably dont even know what theyre saying, they might even have the intention of ridiculing our religion, i can take time outta my day to praise Allah for all I’m blessed with, instead of wasting my time listening to this garbage”..yes i’ve seen this one happen

Then there’ll be a bunch of people like most of us who will be offended by this and take the time to research up on and defend our religion, while increasing our knowledge of Islam.
      Thennn, there’ll be the non-Muslims, who listen to this and wonder what these big rappers are singing about and take the time to research on what Islam is really about.

I’m not saying this song is good or beneficial or anything, or that you should go out of your way to listen to it, but since the songs produced and people are gonna hear it some place or the other, we can only hope people learn from the stupidity of these rappers. This songs offensive and is a mockery to our religion, but Insha’Allah, people will realize what a waste these big rap stars are.
      May Allah protect us from fitnah and strengthen our Ummah against the Jahiliyyah.

12. Busta Rhymes, T-Pain, Akon and Swissbeatz Recite Qur’an in Arab Money Remix « Ginny’s Thoughts & Things November 30th, 2008 at 4:33 pm

[...] Busta Rhymes, T-Pain, Akon and Swissbeatz Recite Qur’an in Arab Money Remix Assalamu alaikum, from MRs Blog. [...]

13. The Ghazzali Blogger November 30th, 2008 at 6:12 pm

One thing Imam Siraj said back in an ISNA along time ago, it was about Mos Def and Q-Tip from a tribe called quest.
      One tiem in a speech he was saying they are bad people yatta yatta yatta and then afterwards a NIQABI sister came to Imam Siraj and said ‘Imam you should not say that they are abd people, I used to be clubbing every night and into drugs and drinks etc. and I took Shada recently and the person who read the shada to me was Mosdef and Q-tip” Imam Siraj told this story and then said in the speech that he ddi not support what they did (the rapping) but will always make dua for them.

14. k.aamer December 1st, 2008 at 12:05 am

good letter MR.

15. haytham December 1st, 2008 at 9:52 am

so yea… first we okay music that makes us ponder over the creation of Allah…

then we allow classic music that actually had nice rhythm and good wording….

then we allow music that bring our youth closer to the deen….

then we allow music that does not have any cussing and bad words eventho it has nothing to do with our deen……

and now we complain about some rapper (muslim or not) who is singing the spoken word of Allah………..

and we are surprised.. come on now… you didnt see this coming?

Also… just fyi to you all… this isnt the first time this happens. In Egypt there was a failed attempt to “sing” the quran… that didnt work out due to the fact that it was in a “muslim” country.

16. haytham December 1st, 2008 at 10:00 am

o one last thing… i wonder if they will play this song in clubs…. subhan Allah… this is really saddening and brings tears to my eyes….

17. k.aamer December 1st, 2008 at 10:48 am

a proper intention must be followed by correct action.

the problem comes when we stop submitting our desires to Islam, and instead submit Islam to our desires.

18. k.aamer December 1st, 2008 at 10:50 am

and in regards to “dawah” Allah subhana wa ta’aala says: “Call to the way of your Lord with wisdom and in the BEST of manners.”

19. MR December 1st, 2008 at 11:22 am

@haytham – speak for yourself akh. we doesn’t include me. :-D. Also, I’m not complaining. I wrote them a letter instead. I think they have a misunderstanding on what Islam is all about.

20. Ginny December 1st, 2008 at 12:49 pm

Assalamu alaikum, this is a good letter and I blogged about this myself but… Do you think they will actually read this letter and take heed? It’d be nice, but I’m doubtful, although Allah alone knows best

21. haytham December 1st, 2008 at 1:04 pm

@ MR… you know what I mean when I said we.. lol but yea.. i am glad to see a proactive approach may Allah bless this effort.

I think they misunderstand islam too.. i wish we can get like 10 – 15 mins with them.. maybe we can clarify things more

22. QasYM December 1st, 2008 at 8:48 pm

It sounds to me that it’s more mocking than them just trying to recite it. We are kidding ourselves if we think they are sincerely trying to promote Quran.

23. guyanagyal24 December 1st, 2008 at 10:06 pm

wow…i have no clue wat to say

i clearly dont know their intentions..may allah help us to become better muslims inshallah

24. Zahra December 2nd, 2008 at 12:23 am

Good call on being proactive (vs. complaining). Jazaks for sharing!

25. h. ahmed December 2nd, 2008 at 2:23 am

as salaam alaikum

Its much more beneficial to engage and be proactive about these issues rather than complain and just react with disgust/anger. So good job amir in posting this letter. I hope u print it out and mail it to those artists.

Like most of you, I agree that the use of those verses in the song is not appropriate. And it is more shameful and appalling that this song probably will be blasted in inappropriate locations over which it will be danced (yes, there is an arab money dance).

However – instead of complaining about how messed up it is – lets look at why they have used these verses.

I doubt anyone here believes that any of the artists intended to disrespect the Quran – as Amir mentioned most of them are Muslim – and to some degree are proud of their faith at least internally and most likely have the love of Allah in their hearts. And they used these lyrics because they thought it sounded nice. I sincerely believe they are not intending to mock the Quran.

I just cant imagine how Muslims in clubs, etc. feel when such a song is being played. Even sisters who dont cover, when the Quran is played – cover their hair out of respect for the Quran (at least among desi women); for All Muslims , despite their shortcomings have respect for Al-Quran…. Who knows what effect this song may have on Muslims who are clubbing, dancing, drinking, smoking, etc. – when hearing these verses… Subhanallah… Allahualim….

Obviously – we all would love to help guide our Muslim brothers (Akon, T-Pain, etc.) who are undoubtedly a bad influence regarding much of their songs/lyrics. Nonetheless, they are our brothers in Islam and we should pray for their guidance. Look at Dave Chappelle for example – i cant think of any person who espoused greater fitnah in his work- but Mashallah he gave up his multi million dollar contract for the sake of the deen.

and on a side note – i think haytham’s line of progression is a very dangerous mentality to have. . There are many great hip hop songs by Muslim rappers like Mos Def and Lupe Fiasco which I am proud of – and are very meaningful and can be a great source of dawah, inspiration, reflection of God’s signs (ayat), and even rememberance of God. We, as an American Muslim community – should promote and be proud of such positive music that positively impacts so many of us. However this song – with its vulgarity and promotion of materialism is definitely NOT one of those songs!!!!!

26. joe blow bro December 2nd, 2008 at 2:27 am

i like the fact he cut the music when he the first ayaat. i chopped that part and made it my ring tone.

27. Ginny December 2nd, 2008 at 3:20 pm

Assalamu alaikum as usual, I find H. Ahmed’s posts to be balanced and wel-rounded. I agree but I don’t really agree! These brothers may not have intended to be disrespectful to the Qur’an, but… Listen to what they’re rapping about surrounding the hook? I think that’s what bothers me! Perhaps if it was something more positive… And maybe if the original “Arab money” wasn’t such a display of ignorance and stereotype ina nd of itself (not even using “real” Arabic? a “fakey” Arabic chorus?) *sigh* I know what you’re trying to say, and I know there’s a lot of positive Muslim hip hop artists, and I think this is what is so bad about this for me anyway. I just feel like these brothers had no excuse and chose, yes, willfully chose, to display a lot of ignorance. And not just about the Qur’an either, (comin’ out of Africa, just ask Tarzan”, as if we need to re-evoke more stereotypes of Africans (along with Arabs while we’re at it). But is the underlying thing that some of us are saying is that it’s OK because these are supposedly well-intentioned Muslims, that perhaps someone up in the club might hear this and might become Muslim as a result, or because these are Africans/African-Americans/Muslims doing this? That ignorance and disrespect for the Qur’an is OK?

I think that MR’s open letter was a good idea, a lot better than I’ve come up with regarding this, the question I have is, will they put down their vocoders long enough to read it?

I’d venture to say not, Busta has already tried to “explain” himself already, saying that he did not mean the original “Arab money” song as an offense, he was trying to be respectful, trying to say that he valued their culture. So, not sure what he, or others, will say about this.

Probably nothing…

28. Busta Rhymes’s new song, “Arab Money” is insulting to Islam, Muslims and Arabs | MR's Blog December 3rd, 2008 at 12:12 am

[...] Update: The remix is even worse! [...]

29. Zabi December 3rd, 2008 at 3:52 pm

Is it wrong to listen to Sami Yusufs songs too???

30. Zabi December 3rd, 2008 at 4:00 pm

Oh damn!!

I just found out that hes making a video to the song. And there is going to be buttnaked ladies in. ok ok ok… now that’s disrespecting!

Forget my last coment :(…

31. Hamza December 4th, 2008 at 7:50 am

If they ARE Muslims then i don’t think they meant any disrespect to the Quran. They’re just misunderstanding how things work in Islam. But..

Simply, If they did disrespect the Quran, Allah will get back at them one way or another. After all It’s all about ” Intentions ” isn’t it? Allah knows better and Allah will deal with them. And I support sending the letter to those artists. Before they start making music out of the Quran again.
      Allah bless you all.

32. Arab Money Remix (Busta Rhymes, P Diddy, T-Pain, Akon…) at HAhmed.com December 4th, 2008 at 5:02 pm

[...] As I found out on Amir’s Site, Busta Rhymes has recently released a remix to his song ‘Arab Money’ f…. [...]

33. shaheeza el sheikh December 4th, 2008 at 5:28 pm

how do u subscribe to this blog?

34. MR December 4th, 2008 at 5:32 pm

@Shaheeza el sheikh – here is the RSS feed : http://feeds.feedburner.com/mujahideenryder

35. Ihssan December 4th, 2008 at 10:21 pm

We have no idea what their intentions were. Let’s remember our place as people and not take the place of Allah by placing judgments on these brothers.

36. Busta Rhymes - Arab Money | They recite Quran in the song! - Forums - Islamica Community December 5th, 2008 at 12:12 am

[...] Rhymes – Arab Money | They recite Quran in the song! Busta Rhymes, T-Pain, Akon and Swissbeatz Recite Qur’an in Arab Money Remix! | MR’s Blog __________________ MR.net | Halal [...]

37. Ahmed London December 6th, 2008 at 7:45 pm

This was aired on Galaxy FM in England within seconds of the song finishing the Radio company was flooded with complaints and protest and threats they saw the simple solution and binned the song and pretended they never aired it.

38. Anonymous December 6th, 2008 at 11:23 pm

salaam…jus wanted to say..wow…you ppl are so polite..as in the manner you talk in..u shud see youtube..all these muslims swearing like crazy,not thinking there sinning themselves..its nice to see muslims being civilised about it..ok..thats all i had to say..:D allah hafiz :D

39. freshkid December 12th, 2008 at 6:48 pm

umm…..dude…i dnt know what in the world is wrong with everybody….read carefully….there was N0 intention of praising god in this song…no intention of teaching islam and none of that other stuff stuff dat has ANYTHING to do with religion….this song was made…cuz arabs are known to have ALOT OF MONEY….hence the songs name ARAB MONEY….not PRAISE GOD or READ KORAN ALOT…da song is listeneed to by alot of people and i think its a great song…ESPECIALLY the remix…..but you guys are are digging so deep into something so shallow….as a fellow muslim…i am not at all offended by this song ad is pround dat dey repping dere belief somewhat….it may not be in the way YOU guys would do it but you got 2 remember that these guys arre hip hop icons

40. Asif December 14th, 2008 at 2:48 pm

Freshkid, you’re kidding me right?

You as a Muslim find no offense to this? I mean I let a lot of things that would be offensive to others slide because I can take it. And I mean I’m not going off the wall crazy about this Busta Rhymes controversy but make no mistake, he screwed up big time, especially if hw, Akon, and T-pain, 3 of the most popular folks out there today are Muslim. They hardly ever acknowledge such because dang near EVERYTHING they rap or sing about is un-Islamic. And when they do acknowledge such, like in this song somewhat, it’s in a completely ignorant and idiotic way.

Like people have said earlier, we don’t know there true intentions but If I was to guess they probably got together and were like “Hey you know what would be cool, if we put some Quranic verses in our next single and throw some Islamic phrases in? That’d sound cool and would show people that we acknowledge Islam in our lives.” Sounds really dumb.

I don’t see Lupe Fiasco rapping about glorifying getting drunk, high, and getting with girls. He’s not perfect either but he’s a long distance away from the likes of Busta,Akon and T-pain in the filth department.

You just can’t mix stuff like that. I mean Rapper Eve is a Muslim but admitted that she can’t mix both Islam and her lifestyle so basically she’ll wait til her career is over to become Islamic and do things like pray regularly, fast, etc. A stupid viewpoint but she at least admitted that she can’t be Muslim and do what she does.

You just can’t proudly state that you’re Muslim and then rap about banging “hoes”, drinking Cristal, and having all kinds of money.

41. Amir December 19th, 2008 at 11:40 pm

None of those men are Muslim. TPain is constantly rapping about money cars booze and hoes, same for Swizz Beats and Akon. If these are men we classify as Muslim, I as a Muslim am appalled. I’m insulted that Akon is Afrikan and passes off polygamy as an “Afrikan thing”, it isn’t. I find this song and its artists a travesty. Their misuse of words in the Quran is appalling. Its even more offensive that these men have the nerve to call themselves Muslim. Can we say Fatwa? If these males were Muslim they’d know better.

42. Wala December 26th, 2008 at 2:13 am

As Salaam Alaikum to all. I am in the entertainment industry and I too find this Remix disturbing and appauling. If any of the men mentioned above are actual Muslim the song would have never been made or done, the REMIX that is….Now to have the beginning of the most recited verse from the Qur’an in ANY song is offensive. I believe that each artist should apologize to Allah and the Muslim Ummat if they have offended anyone and remove the remix out of rotation. We as Muslims use BIS-MILLAAHIR RAHMAANIR RAHEEM at the beginning of every prayer and at the beginning of every Surah 98.99% of the time. So Muslims should know the importance of what is being recited.

i am not going to defend the DYN because the DYN defends itself. I believe every Muslim that is offended is expressing how deeply disappointed he or she is in the people that profess out ones mouth to believe and then mock the very thing they say they believe in. We all know those people fall into SHIRK.

Guys let’s not do and fall into what every other religion falls into because we know what road that will lead us down…Selling Allah’s sign for a miserable price…. In Arabic one word means one word. We do not have multiple meaning in Qur’anic language. Let’s get it together and praise Allah for all the blessing that are bestowed upon us…. May peace and blessings be upon everyone.

As Salaam alaikum

43. Humza December 31st, 2008 at 12:02 pm

Astagfirullah, all of these rappers or what ever they are, offended out religon and why are you mentioning a part of the quran in this haram song … im apauled at this behaviour of these non belivers.

44. Krazy January 18th, 2009 at 11:50 pm

If anything, they just need some guidance, so don’t send them too many angry letters. Hostility only alienates people and will never make them see your viewpoint, and it’s obvious their intentions weren’t bad, as evidenced by the fact that they stop the music to recite the verses. Sending them a letter is a good idea, but refrain from letting loose with your anger and talk as if you’re writing to a muslim brother who went astray.

45. hadi January 21st, 2009 at 7:02 pm

i’m really offended by this….. busta should say sorry or we’ll make him sorry!!!

enough said-

46. waqas January 29th, 2009 at 7:57 pm

i dont they are muslim and if they are … they dont know much about islam and need to learn a lot more about it – A muslim would not sing this kind of a song. rite?

47. Mlamry01 February 4th, 2009 at 1:36 am

Sign of Judgement Day:

People who will take the Qur’an as music, sending ahead one of them to sing for them, even though he may be least of them in knowledge/understanding [of the religion].”
      [Ahmad, Tabarani]

48. Ayesha February 4th, 2009 at 4:42 pm

Assalamualaikum,

This is the first proper time I have actually heard the song properly……I noticed the chorus sounded Arabic so I researched into it. I am not the best Muslim but I was really shocked by the song and switched it off straight away. It is the first time I have heard that all 3 of them are Muslim….BIGGER SHOCK.(I dont listen too much hip hop).
      All i think is that if they are muslim then they will be role models to some individuals across the world but this song is not the right way to show your belief…… There are muslim hip hop artists that represent their faith better than this.

I just hope this is a learning curve in their lives…..

49. Ayesha February 4th, 2009 at 4:43 pm

And inshallah become better Muslims

50. Roberto February 4th, 2009 at 5:34 pm

I just stumbled onto this blog because I just heard the remix and was researching it, so forgive the late posting.

I’m not a Muslim, but I simply wanted to state that I actually like this song, it makes me dance, even though the lyrics are quite stupid. It doesn’t give me a negative image of Islam, since as a listener of rap music, I realize that rap is 98% crap anyway.

Until I read about the backlash from the Muslim community, I thought the song lowered the barriers a bit. I think as a non-Muslim (and non-Islamophobe), silliness like this helps me to connect a bit more with the Muslim and/or Arab culture. At the end of the day, we’re all the same…people who go to work or school, come home to our families and just live out good lives. Hatred is not a part of my lifestyle, as I’m certain it is not in 99.9% of Muslims. I would hope that a silly song like this would just make us all dance and have fun together.

Perhaps I can’t quite understand the level of disrespect here, but in my opinion, in these trying times we’re currently facing globally, any bleeding of cultures is a “good” thing. And if not “good”, I think it’s at least better than ignorant animosity towards each other.

51. waqas February 4th, 2009 at 11:25 pm

i think you have it wrong hes saying phrases of the religion and making it into a song thats disrepect

52. Busta Rhymes, T-Pain, Akon and Swissbeatz Recite Qur’an in Arab Money Remix! « Future Scholar Blogger February 5th, 2009 at 2:23 pm

[...] letter by MR on his post that I wanted to [...]

53. Roberto February 5th, 2009 at 2:36 pm

@waqas:

I understand that it’s disrespectful. I lament that stupidity like this has to broaden the gap between our cultures. What I was hoping to emphasize is that even though this song is so bad, there’s SOME good comming out of it: I went ahead and did a little research on Islam (that’s one good thing, no?), I now understand what the controversial words mean, and I truly do understand why it’s disrespectful.

I think with the way the world is right now, I’m going to take that little bit of extra understanding of the Muslim world that I stumbled upon through this research process and call it a positive.

54. imran February 5th, 2009 at 8:48 pm

salamalaikum
      I have been following this fiasco since busta released the original track. TBH i was more offended by the original as they were just speaking a “gibberish” form of “arabic”. I understand people’s concern of this remix however, I refuse to criticise them. As has been said: YOU CANNOT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER! As muslims we should know this by now.
      Also, I think that it is refreshing to at least hear the quran being recited in a fairly mainstream hip hop song. We all know that music is catchy and in this way incorporating Quranic verses is positive. As a muslim who listens to hip hop (new & old) which so often refers to unislamic concepts, this song helps to REMIND US TO PRAISE ALLAH.

peace.

55. waqas February 5th, 2009 at 10:45 pm

Roberto

ya u r right it dpends how a person takes it but t can be positive and negative depending on thinking for instence some one can think muslims are bad right? hey im sure you did not know it had regards to muslims by listening to the song right? may inernet or what

56. waqas February 5th, 2009 at 10:48 pm

imran i disagree with you praising god by listening to music.. what form is that my opinion is better to say bismillah then to listen to this song to praise god.WOW!

57. imran February 6th, 2009 at 2:00 pm

in response to Waqas:
      I was not suggesting that this song replace prayer or anything of that nature. All i am saying is that we are living in a time where God has become secondary and anything which helps people to remember Allah is a good thing.

Also, I dont know whether any1 has mentioned this but Busta has since apologised and stated that he did not intend to offend anybody.

salam

58. Aamir February 26th, 2009 at 7:41 pm

This is not acceptable. The Person should apologize and understand the situation and refrain from such things in future.

59. muhyiddin March 16th, 2009 at 6:49 am

I warned those people who make, and compose of this song. Be afraid of Allah’s punishment from this Earth and after life. Ask Taubat and forgiveness from the Creator, Allah (s.w.t.). That you may forgive you. We may be patient about all this insult but we know Prophet Muhammad (saw) won’t let things happen like this. But we must stand and fight for the truth.

60. rajjab ghashiyyah March 24th, 2009 at 8:09 pm

estagfiriLLAH im saying here that those motha fyckas aren’t muslims or if they where they are now murted-deen let ALLAH s.w.t punish them with the worst punishment i hope that u who says and declaire ISLAM i hope that u all dont think that those shits are muslims
      they where an they are Kuffars let ALLAH s.w.t punish them .
      AMIIIIIIIIIN YAR-RAB

61. Amelia April 5th, 2009 at 8:10 am

As a non-muslim who lived in Dubai for ten years, I feel offended by this song and wish Americans would become a little more educated on political issues in the Middle East before commenting on them especially in the mainstream media. Dubai has worked hard to acheive a balance between western and Islamic values and made non-muslims welcome in the city and allowed them to practice the religion of their choice to create harmony amongst different ethnic groups. Having almost run out of oil, much of the money has been generated from hard work, trade and tourism. Gambling is illegal in Dubai and the reference to Arafat shows ignorance and insensitivity. I hope these rappers show some respect and appologise, such comments towards their own race would not be tolerated in the US.

62. Kabiru April 12th, 2009 at 7:34 pm

I am really not insulted by the ignorant rappers who think fame is everything, because they are without intelligence. Infact I feel for them for not being able to defferentaite non-muslims from muslims. The worst thing about most Americans is the lack of not being able to pronounce words or fraces. Disrespecting other religions, culturals, traditions etc. is something I see as self insulting. Becuase no matter what race you are, there are millions of that race who fall in some if not most of these categories. But like the wise man always say ” Let ignorance carry its own burden at its own pace”

63. osama May 2nd, 2009 at 11:59 am

hala

64. Expat living in Dubai June 19th, 2009 at 1:09 pm

Bro, I really respect your clear n concise protest to this song. Even as a non-muslim living in a muslim country, I took a bit of offence to this song myself. At least the original was just good humoured(arguable) racism bringing to light the lavish, sometimes careless opulence of people here. They really shouldn’t have added the quran verses in the remix.

On an additional note, rock musicians have been distorting and making false reproductions of ideas/images/beliefs of my religion(hinduism) since the advent of hippie culture in the 60s.

Music is expression, and what is politically correct in music will gradually change with the times. This kind of song may be candidly viewed in the future, but today, we are just not ready.

65. Kazi Mahmood July 8th, 2009 at 10:01 pm

Salaam

Criticizing is a very strong feature of Muslims. Alas, doing the right thing is not at all the good thing. Here I see so much lambasting of the rappers that I go ‘Huh’…what are you Muslims doing to at least represent Islam in a good way?

Perhaps the rappers need to find atonement in their field of work but this song tells me one thing. The despair of some Muslims to tell the world they are Muslims and living life without fear…while i also see that many here are tender, soft and at times naive Muslims who are good at criticizing and lambasting only.

In Malaysia, where I live, singers of all kinds of songs will say ‘Alhamdulillah, Shukur to Allah’ I won an award…and I will do better by the help of Allah. And they sang some darn stupid songs too! I don’t really see any harm by these rappers trying to tell the rest of the world they are Muslims by singing a song of this nature. The harm is from those who know how to condemn only and do nothing else to promote Islam to the Muslims in the first place and to others altogether.

I don’t say the rappers effort is laudable but it has a message in it: It is the despair in which the majority of Muslims are into that is expressed in ‘Arab Money’.

66. Bisaya and Hayat July 30th, 2009 at 3:07 pm

You are so mean. and Akon. i thought you were muslim.
      You know that songs are haram in the muslim culture and tradition and the fact that u classified all muslims as being arab only is in my opinion something that will stir up trouble – no doubt.

Inshallah Allah (swt) will forgive you.

67. Swissbeatz is Muslim | MR's Blog August 2nd, 2009 at 5:40 pm

[...] Swiss – If you see this, read this. [...]

68. banan August 4th, 2009 at 12:09 am

lol.oh wow. how is the remix worse????? omg. i hope you all stay like this and realise how much time your wasting complaining about a song and maybe you will realise how idiotic it is. all of those who see negativity obviously have nothing better to do than to find something wrong with this song. i wish for those who dog this song to stop analyzing the song and just listen to it. its a pretty good song that actually shows us in a much better light and i have to say the remix is not worse . the remix in my opinion is much better because you get to hear this man praising allah subhanatallah. but none of you seem to see that instead you choose to take things out of context instead of listening to the whole song entirely. by the way busta rhymes is an african american who lives in a country that gives you a right to freedom of speech such as yourselves and if he really wanted to insult us arabs and muslims than he could have done so by just insuilting us instead of sugar coating it. but he has not. so i suggest everyone to let it go and give this song another chance. may you see that he is showing the world the type of class arabs live in that we live a high life and show respect. i love arab money. i would play it on my wedding because it kicks ass.

69. MR August 4th, 2009 at 12:14 am

@banan – Swissbeatz and Busta Rhymes have apologized and said that is wrong to make this remix.

70. banan August 4th, 2009 at 12:15 am

OH AND ONE MORE THING. THE MAN IS PRAISING ALLAH ALMIGHTY AND TO ME THAT IS ENOUGH TO CONVINCE ME HIS INTENTION. IF YOU REALISE THIS OR NOT BUT HE IS SPREADING THE WORD OF ISLAM AND ALLAH SUBHANA WA TA’ ALLAH UNLIKE ALOT OF MUSLIMS OUT THERE. I BET RIGHT NOW THERE ARE PEOPLE LISTENING TO THIS AND WONDERING WHAT IS HE SAYING WHO WILL THAN WANT TO LEARN MORE. THINK ABOUT IT.

‘ BISMILLAH ARRAHMAN IRRAHEEM”

71. banan August 4th, 2009 at 12:17 am

why are they apologizing? they shouldnt. they didnt insult us or allah (swt) . honestly people are sick. they dont know how to let it go

72. MR August 4th, 2009 at 12:18 am

@banan – Listen to why here:

73. banan August 4th, 2009 at 12:27 am

ok MR i saw it. but than what about sami yusuf ? lol. wait dont answer that . thats another topic on its own. i have seen another video of busta apologizing to but thats not right the muslim community was so quick to jump on busta but not on sami yusuf unbelieveable. thanks for the vid link..

74. Kazi Mahmood August 4th, 2009 at 12:32 am

I think its a gud debate after all as its an eye opener. Read my story which I wrote a few days ago on Muslims singing and making music…perhaps its time to accept the facts. Fact 1: We can’t escape having Muslims doing such music – it helps them and many survive in this coarse, harsh world, fact 2: it also brings to life a hadith of Rasulullah (S.A.W) on the day that Muslims will use Quraan as music. Yet I do not find much to reproach to Busta, Akon and others. Let them be…let us live life man!

75. banan August 4th, 2009 at 12:38 am

I second that Kazi. just let it be. I agree it was a good debate. just be happy people and dont pick on things. you are only making life even more difficult to live than it already is. before you know it they will debate on whether a woman should debate at all . peace

76. Fatima August 4th, 2009 at 3:03 pm

as salamu alaykum- Honestly though, how much different is it from other “Muslim” music. I don’t listen to either one, but really guys..Sami Yusuf uses instruments, Yusuf Islam uses instruments. These rappers may not be the persona Muslims would want to immulate, but looks like they made “Arab Money” because there are an abundant amount of “Arabs” who would love this song, thier music, this style….At this point let them do what they want without a fight, perhaps other non Muslims will listent to it, question it & convert?…but just because they are not practicing Muslims does not make them any better or worse than Sami Yusuf & other Muslim musicians who use instruments and have “Islamic” words in their songs….just a thought

77. Eminem praises Allah in “Bagpipes from Baghdad”? | MR's Blog August 13th, 2009 at 12:04 am

[...] that big fiasco with Busta Rhymes, T-Pain, Akon, P Diddy and whole bunch of others with the several Arab Money songs and remixes. Now Eminem appears to be feelin’ [...]

78. kriscyntha August 19th, 2009 at 12:03 am

i just found put about this song and the effects of its wording today and decided to look up on it and all i can say is wow thats alot the beat hot but none the less disrespectful

79. mutiu August 19th, 2009 at 7:08 am

actually ..whatever their intentions are, we should not condemn them as they even come out to be Muslims. For those of us who see this as something wrong, let us understand there are some Muslims out there who are happy about it. The presnt state of we Muslims calls for Unity in any form it comes not to condemn or critisize ourselves due to our actions

80. Mujahhid, al-Hikmahn University. December 28th, 2009 at 9:46 am

If songs like that are not to be condemned, the precious source of such information–the Qur’an, would have evaded it. Let the rappers read Suratul Muminun the third verse of which I think would suffice if only they would take heed.

81. kazi mahmood December 28th, 2009 at 9:54 am

Allah has given many things to mankind, many things on earth but has clearly banned a few n made a few more ‘makhruh’ or lesser Halal depending on its usage or consumption…

To outright condemn what these young men did is unfair coz Allah is the ONE who gave such talent to them and they used it to fine tune it in this song…

Who are we to banish them? But lets advise them to use the talent in a mild manner and not to abuse of it…

82. Sayyid Hussein Haleem Alyasiri March 2nd, 2010 at 2:34 am

ok, i do belive what busta has done is wrong, but u cannot blame him for reciting the quran wrong.He is a convert and a non-arab its not his fault if he cant get it perfect. but you can blame him for singin it as that is haraam. BUT. as i have had met many sheiks(muslim scholars) they all said the same thing about praying. it is your niyaat that counts.niyaat is your intention. if an angle came and just grabbed u while u were praying and asked what are you doing. you should say with no pause or hesitation i am praying -…- with -..- rakaats wajib qurbatin il allah. (Sorry if i made a mistake) And as busta said right off the bat he isnt trying to make it look bad for arabs and muslims but the other way around.His intention is what counts although he has made many mistakes

- Please correct me if im wrong as i am only 12 and my view of this may be totally different.