Check it out here. There may be some minor issues but for the most part everything is sound. I like it a lot because it has information for all the other religions. Great for learning especially those in the field of dawah.

I also love the comparison chart between Sunni and Shia here.

Here is the list of all the religions they have information on.

• 19 Responses for "One of the few valid non-biased and non-Muslim website on Islam and other religions"

1. MR April 24th, 2009 at 11:25 am

@al-Suyuufi – Yeah It’s def. a typo. Not really a big deal to me.

2. Yusuf Smith April 24th, 2009 at 12:53 pm

As-Salaamu ‘alaikum,

They may have a point about mujtahideen and imams. The Shi’a imams are leaders of the past, while they still call some of their clerics mujtahids to this day (particularly the Zaydis). We (Sunnis) are more likely to call our leaders imams (Khomeini was an exception to the rule among the Shi’a).

3. burhan April 24th, 2009 at 5:41 pm

and because the concept of Imams (i.e. the 12 imams) is the main thing that sets Shias apart from the Muslims.

I’m sure that’s a typo on your part, but let’s just be clear to not call Shias other than Muslim, even if there are some significant differences. The most sound position I’ve seen is that Ahl as Sunnah regard Shia as Muslims even if the reverse is not always true.

4. Zaynab April 24th, 2009 at 9:01 pm

Cool site, thanks!

5. abu abderrahmen April 25th, 2009 at 1:54 am

dude why do you like the shias?

all shias are kuffar. khomeinei, khameini, hassan nasrullah, fadallah, musa al sadr, etc. theyre all kuffar and i hope theyre burning in hellfire.

6. burhan April 25th, 2009 at 2:20 am

dude why do you like the shias?

Dude, you’re either trolling or just ignorant. Honestly, Muslims are some of the biggest idiots on the internet, just behind right-wing bloggers.

7. burhan April 25th, 2009 at 2:22 am

Re: Shia also being Muslim. The scholar who answered that question has 10 million times more weight than some hateful crank who makes sweeping condemnations.

8. BostonMuslim April 25th, 2009 at 9:08 am

so funny that it always comes down to infighting – just typical!

9. Mohammed Khan April 25th, 2009 at 9:15 am

“Sufi Islam is not exactly a sect, but the mystical expression of Islam.”

I think this is the first non-Muslim website to get this fact correct, even some Muslims are under the impression that Sufism is a sect rather than a science within orthodoxy itself.

O and brothers and sisters, please don’t make takfir on people, regardless of their label. Just leave the judgement to Allah.

10. egyptchick7 April 27th, 2009 at 10:13 am

I didn’t think Yemenis were predominately Shia as shown in the chart.

11. tr April 27th, 2009 at 4:36 pm

They also forgot Pakistan and India which have a number of Shi’a Muslim Population. Many of the Zaydis are from Yemen.

12. Abu Naasir April 29th, 2009 at 12:39 pm

Salaam,

al-Suyuufi, I think that our Zaydi brothers do have other differences when contrasted with our jurisprudence and theology. From where did you get the idea that we (ahl al-sunnah and Zaydis) differ only in matters of siyasah?

13. Abu Naasir April 30th, 2009 at 2:48 am

Salaam,

I believe that the Zaydis have similarities with Hanafis and Ja’faris in fiqh. In creed they seem to be close to the Mu’tazilites similar to the Ja’faris (Ithna ‘asharis, mainstream shi’as). I do not know whether they follow spiritual paths. Shi’as never were really big on Sufism.

Allah knows best, they seem to be a lot more moderate than some other groups, in that they refrain from cursing the Sahaba (may Allah be pleased with them) and other dirty matters, which some people engage in. Allah’s help is sought.

14. anon April 30th, 2009 at 11:22 am

I heard Yasir Qadhi talking about the Shia. He said that the true beliefs of shiasm are beliefs of kufr. he says this based on his readings of Khomeini’s books and his reading of usool-kafi, which is the shias most authoritative hadith book. nonetheless, he says we do not say that every shia is a kafir because most shia’s are ignorant of the beliefs in their books. If you haven’t already listened to it, check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiXRRMblJzY

15. Mohammed Khan April 30th, 2009 at 7:50 pm

The term “Shia” is wide ranging and covers many different practices, aqeedahs and beliefs, and the understanding of which differs from time and place. This following website had an excellent article but it has since gone down: http://htspub.com

The Zayidi shia are considered by the majority of Ahl Sunnah to be orthodox in aqeedah, so brother Abu Naasir is incorrect in stating their aqeedah is similar to M’utazilah as they are considered heretical. (By the way sufism is very big in shi’ism).

There was an article on HtsPub which I managed to find elsewhere that talks about the differences in Aqeedah between Ahl Sunnah and Twelver Shi’ism (/Jafari/Ithna ‘Ashari, the school followed by most Shi’a: http://uiforum.uaeforum.org/archive/index.php?t-494.html

16. Mohammed Khan May 1st, 2009 at 6:10 am

17. Abu Naasir May 2nd, 2009 at 6:48 am

Jazakallahu khayran Mohammed Khan,

I stand to be corrected if the Zaydis in fact are orthodox in creed according to the Ahl al-Sunnah ‘ulema. If you could, brother Mohammed Khan, maybe provide some further information about this I would highly appreciate it. From what I have read, the Zaydis are indeed Mu’tazili in their creed, but my sources are not entirely reliable.

However, I would disagree with you, O dearest brother, in the point you made about Shi’is being fond of Tasawwuf. Their clerics mostly condemn Tasawwuf as a sort of deviancy. I know this, as one of my closest childhood friends is a Shi’i student of knowledge.

18. Mohammed Khan May 2nd, 2009 at 7:32 am

I tried linking to my source but I couldn’t find them, I have read their aqeedah is sound by two different scholars in two different articles, one was by Sheikh Abu Jafar al-Hanbali on the htspub website (The authour of the article I posted above), the other was by Sheikh Abdal Hakim Murad on masud.co.uk, but I couldn’t find the specific article of his in which he mentions this, I will insha’Allah try to look for it again and post it when I find it insha’Allah.

Do you know the reason why the Shia are anti-Tasawuuf? I always had the impression that they were quite deep into the spiritual dimensions of Islam.

19. Mohammed Khan May 8th, 2009 at 6:31 am

Salaam Alaikum,

The HTSPub website is back online, here is the article regarding the Shia:

The Sheikh states: “*NOTE* There is one branch of the Zaidiyyah that are not a cult and are from Muslim Orthodoxy, so one must be careful.”

He unfortunately doesn’t mention which particular branch this is, so I guess we were both correct and incorrect in what we said about Zaidi as not all of them are orthodox.