Speaking on behalf of Jackson’s family, his brother, Jermaine, said doctors had tried to resuscitate the star for more than an hour without success.

He added: “The family request that the media please respect our privacy during this tough time.”

“And Allah be with you Michael always. I love you.”

Source

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon.

• 47 Responses for "Jermaine Jackson – “And may Allah be with you Michael always. I love you.”"

1. Dee June 25th, 2009 at 10:19 pm

I love Micheal I wish him the best in the next life. I grew up with his music, such a shock to hear this news & im listening to him now. “Your Are Not Alone”. I think I will always remember this day. Sucha shame though, they keep bringing up all the bad things they think he did. Leave the poor guy alone his is dead. KHALAS! Allah Arhamo. I am glad he died as a Muslim though :) My heart goes out with the Jackson family too. Also this a reminder of how quickly death can hit us, even the famous. So pray your butts off! Lol, maybe we needed this. We tend to get to caught up in this life. Inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon…

2. Salam June 25th, 2009 at 10:29 pm

Is it confirmed that he died as a Muslim? I heard he changed his name to Mikail. It would be interesting if a Janazah prayer is done.

3. Abu Ibrahim June 25th, 2009 at 10:35 pm

I hope indeed that he died as a Muslim. Of all the things Michael Jackson has achieved, him accepting Islam would be the most important of all.

I guess we’ll all find out when/if he’s buried according to Muslim culture.

If he did recently accept Islam, Inshallah he died without having committed too many sins.

Inna lillah wa inna ilaihi rajioon.

4. Nihal Khan June 25th, 2009 at 11:11 pm

If Michael gets a Janaza than it’s confirmed that he was a Muslim, inshaAllah.

5. Masood June 25th, 2009 at 11:30 pm

inshAllah

6. Khaled June 25th, 2009 at 11:51 pm

inshaAllah he gets janaza

7. Waheeda June 26th, 2009 at 1:13 am

InshaAllah, hope he is buried according to muslim rights.

8. burhan June 26th, 2009 at 1:14 am

Let’s not go spreading rumors just yet, hmm? It’s well known that Jermaine Jackson is a Muslim, and he was probably just using the word Allah where many people would say God.

9. Al-Kanz June 26th, 2009 at 3:22 am

Inna liLlâh wa inna ilayhi raji’un

10. h. ahmed June 26th, 2009 at 5:06 am

Michael Jackson is Muslim.

This has been confirmed by several reputable Muslims including Imam Zaid Shakir and Dawud Wharnsby.

Its a shame some Muslims are now spreading rumors that he isnt Muslim.

We all know the hadith about those who call their fellow Muslim brother a non-Muslim.

May Allah (swt) be with all of us.

11. Muzaffer June 26th, 2009 at 5:54 am

Inshallah…the Salat-al-Janaza will be offered for Mikaeel Jackson.
      If that happens this will be a good example/message to the world of muslims n non-muslims.
      If he was sincere enough to accept the islam and was impressed about the religion then I would say “HE was a very lucky person” who died with very little or no sins. SubhanAllah! May Allah show mercy upon him! Ameen!

12. Bala June 26th, 2009 at 7:56 am

Africa is proud of you, bye! bye!! Micheal.

13. Bar June 26th, 2009 at 9:39 am

I don’t think Michael was a Muslim but I do know that Jermaine is…

14. burhan June 26th, 2009 at 10:44 am

h.ahmed, I hope you weren’t referring to my comment. I didn’t know what Jackson’s history was, but was only encouraging people to not speculate. That’s not the same as saying that a Muslim isn’t a Muslim. I don’t see people spreading rumors that he wasn’t a Muslim.

15. Uncle tom June 26th, 2009 at 2:40 pm

ZOMG!!!! He said ALLAH, Michael must be a Muslim now !!!

16. EB June 26th, 2009 at 3:27 pm

Any one as high up as Jackson knows about Jews. If I was going to be religious, I would choose Islam because it understands what the Jew is.

17. maria June 26th, 2009 at 4:13 pm

ESSELAMUNALEYKUMveRAHMETULLAH

may Allah be with you michael jackson… we all love you… rest in peace…

he died muslim, and i hope Allah will forgive him and take him to his heaven…

18. Abu Taqwa June 26th, 2009 at 8:28 pm

InshaAllah, everyone becomes Muslim. For their own soul. It is only in the pleasure of Allah that one can attain true success. Whether he is buried according to Islamic rites is not the criterion, if he truly believed in la-illaha-il-ALLAH Muhammad-ur Rasulallah – then he attained the greatest gift anyone can ever attain! SubhanAllah. Make Du’a for all, not just the famous…

19. jam June 26th, 2009 at 8:35 pm

many websites are taking allahas name away and saying he said something else

we loved being with you micheal always
      when the press ocnference video is very clear that he says may allah be with you always

pls fight and correct this
      taking away allahs name is haram

20. David June 26th, 2009 at 9:26 pm

Rest in peace Michael.

21. eko ari pianto June 27th, 2009 at 1:23 am

may Allah bless you…

22. Abu Samy June 27th, 2009 at 3:51 am

The way Michael will be buried is final proof whether or he is a Muslim. Let us hope he is and that his demise is khusnul khatimah.

23. Priyo June 27th, 2009 at 4:20 am

Shall we get ghaib shalat for michel?

24. sumra June 27th, 2009 at 10:18 am

He was a Muslim

25. Dvora June 27th, 2009 at 11:49 am

Eb,

What do you know about Jewish people you ignorant person.

You are a brainwashed idiot. So ansswer me what do you know about Jews?????

26. XB23 June 27th, 2009 at 6:49 pm

Some of the media have actually edited out the part “And may ALLAH be with you Michael …”. Disgusted at how much they hate Islam, and anything associated with it. Even a simple word as “Allah” has to be censored. Subhana’Allah Wa Bihhamdi.

27. Maroon June 27th, 2009 at 11:44 pm

Please lets not fight over religion brothers. Let us see Michael off with our prayers and love, in the spirit of peace. Finally now, he knows the truth. The rest of us are only guessing.

28. T Riaz June 28th, 2009 at 6:16 pm

The “facts” og MJ being a muslim or not are disputed in the below article:
      1) http://trueslant.com/alieteraz/2009/06/26/was-michael-jackson-muslim-and-his-islamic-burial/

Dawud Warnsby states in his blog that he never met MJ:
      2) http://wharnsby.com/blog1/2009/06/26/the-passing-of-michael-jackson/

Yusuf Islam makes similar remarks on his own blog:
      3) http://www.yusufislam.com/faq/did-yusuf-help-jackson-become/

“As for the comment that Jermaine Jackson made at the press conference (”May Allah be with you always, Michael”) that may have nothing to do with Michael’s state of belief, but Jermaine’s own views on spirituality and his preferred way of uttering a blessing.”(taken from link 1)

Bottom line, God knows best and MJ whether or not he became a Muslim. AS Muslims we can only pray for the loss of an influential human being.

29. aneh June 28th, 2009 at 6:34 pm

dear muslim brothers and sister,

Don’t wasted your time or even bother what other religions says about islam. The truth will come on the judgement day,Masyaallah, then on that day ,its already too late for them to admit that Allah swt and islam is the true religion. No better words that i can express that i was born and insyaallah stay as a true muslim. Aaamin……….

30. Essam June 29th, 2009 at 1:54 am

Allah with you if are really conveted to islam..

31. Kabirah June 29th, 2009 at 8:37 pm

When I heard the newsabout Michael tears roled down my cheeks and uptill today I know that he’s not with us anymore but I still don;t belive it , it hasn’t registered yet.Knowing now that he’s a muslim as well as me I feel different towards him and feel like I;ve known him my whole life .It’s a tragic thing I mean I never thought that Michael will ever die but I hope Allah grants him a place in Janaah[heaven] and hopefully I will see him there I LOVE YOU MICHAEL.

32. rabi June 29th, 2009 at 11:36 pm

I HAVE HEARD THAT HE WAS A MUSLIM NAMED MEKAL.BUT WE CANT FOUND HIS NAMAZE JANAZA VEDIO.PLZ SEND ME CONFIRM REPORT ABOUT THE NEWS OF “HE WAS A MUSLIM OR NOT.

THANKS FOR COOPERATING WITH ME.”

33. burhan June 29th, 2009 at 11:58 pm

HE IS STILL IN THE MORGUE

34. Muallima June 30th, 2009 at 10:28 am

Whether who decides 2gv Mikaeel Jackson an islamic janaza does not determine whether he is Muslim.The fact that he testified 2the shahada.. only Allah deserves to know . Islam truelly exists in Our hearts!Our belief,faith.What about muslim soldiers who are buried barbarically?How do we knw?Sumtimes disbelievers bury Muslims which ever way they want. I believ,michael/mikaeel ws Muslim.Ghalas !!

35. IslamEmpire June 30th, 2009 at 10:32 pm

I believe Brother Michael Jackson died in the faith of islam. But if anyone in doubt, as a muslim, we must take the position that he was indeed a muslim. Because we as Muslims only want salvation for humankind. May Allah’s Blessing and Peace be upon Jackson.

Everyone ! visit myspace on the URL link. Thanks for your visit.

36. Donna July 1st, 2009 at 10:33 am

Salam

i just want want to say ever since I can remember I have been a fan of michael jackson. I myself am a revert to islam. I just want to give my condolences to the family and may allah bless you michael. I am so happy that you reverted to islam and I hope you get the burial you deserve inshaallah.

37. sofiane July 3rd, 2009 at 1:04 pm

Allah with you if are really conveted to islam..
      quoi qui se passe tu étais tu es et tu resteras le plus grand artiste

38. buttnugget July 4th, 2009 at 12:59 am

Muslims are the worst ppl in the world. They do all bad things like blowing people up and beheading and cutting off limbs and think god will save them? Unless their god is satan….

39. hayat July 7th, 2009 at 12:52 pm

even if he was a muslim he will not get a muslim funeral cause most of his relatives are not muslims.but if he is a muslim he would get paradise no matter what so dont worry.Allah knows >may he rest in peace.and who knows janet may become muslim if allah wills.

40. daisy July 15th, 2009 at 5:13 pm

I totally agree with Hayat people around MJ never let him get islamic funeral. But Allah knows the truth It does not matter ıf he gets islamıc funeral or not I hope Allah will send him paradise because he did alot for for kids and poor people and he suffered alot from everbody around him

41. beni July 18th, 2009 at 10:41 am

Allohummaghfirlahu warhamhu, wa’aahihi wa’fu ‘anhu, wa akrim nuzuulahu. Ameen

42. tracy douglas August 5th, 2009 at 4:01 pm

i think that all thats been going on since mikes death is getting outta hand here i don’t agree with what i been hereing from tmz and joe jackson and the media as well i think that mike should be burried at never land like jermain requested and those pople need to just back off of the family

43. peace September 20th, 2009 at 9:40 pm

Whatever non-muslims think of us muslims we all stand shoulder to shoulder and united. we as muslims know that Allah (SWT) has given us something that non-muslim will never ever ever understand and have. I look forward to meeting with those on the day of judgement . They are the lost ones in the unimportant worldly affairs. Michael Jackson may Allah (SWT) grant you paradise.

Muslims bro and sis please make dua for michael remember the Hadith of the prostitute who give water to the thirsty animal and remember what Allah (SWT) did for her. May michael rest in peace.
      Allah (SWT) knows best .

Ameen

44. daisy November 1st, 2009 at 6:04 pm

It is so sad that he was killed but nobody has arrested yet!! where is the justice?? because he converted so it is not important to find the truth behind his death!!! Is it??? I assume This is what Police and media think!! shame on you !! Allah know the best and I pray for MJ

45. Sayyed Ahmad Brelvı February 22nd, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Abu Ibraheem, as far as I know, Michael would have had to be burried within a certain Time, which they didn´t keep. Theirefore the muslimic rules where not inherited. I fell very sorry about, just as you and I know where your concearn originates from. Let me tell you of Adam and Eva and about the frist “Frist” which ran out, due to which, the Spanish King seeks shelter in the USA. And let me tell you of Sayyed Ahmad Brelvi who was recntly seen in Ankara, being upon the way to you and yours, knowing, that only the succesfull approach, will make the marriage between Adam and Eva possible!

Let me tell you of our muslimic friends, at a cultural house of a State, capable to make us meet! Sayyed Ahmad Brelvi needs theire support, for reaching yours, without bringing you in danger!

Theire are two things necessary to be provided, since I am not traveling silently! Where I appear, is Thunder and Storm and the Holy Jihad! I need to get rid of some Bugs and I need support from our muslimic friends and fellowers, to be capable to affort the last part of my trip. We both know, how I was working and I don`t want to bring anyone into trouble! And I want you to know, that I am proud upon, what you did, with what I worked out!

The Iranian Intelligence arrested recently(27.1.2010) two Germans in Iran, it was two days after I send a letter from Rome to Hamburg, which I handed in at the Iranian Embassy in Rome, as a copy, to ensure it will arrive. Theire where two reasons, why they where arrested!

I recommend Markus 1,2-3! Shall the Arc Angel Gabriel be at your Side and fight with you side by side, for you to prevaile and for Michael to be reborn! I recommend for all others, who read this, the Sura 86 “Al Tariq”!

46. Sayyed Ahmad Brelvı February 22nd, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Abu Ibrahım, as far as I know, Michael would have had to be burried within a certain Time, which they didn´t keep. Theirefore the muslimic rules where not inherited. I fell very sorry about, just as you and I know where your concearn originates from. Let me tell you of Adam and Eva and about the frist “Frist” which ran out, due to which, the Spanish King seeks shelter in the USA. And let me tell you of Sayyed Ahmad Brelvi who was recntly seen in Ankara, being upon the way to you and yours, knowing, that only the succesfull approach, will make the marriage between Adam and Eva possible!

47. Margarida Maria July 25th, 2010 at 4:07 am

Jermaine, I am its fan and of its brothers, since the Jackson Five.
      When you and its brothers, go to present another time ?
      I know that you if converted the Islamism(Islã), but you still are a Jackson.
      Being you it older brother of the Michael, would have to be searching
      justice for it. If Michael is “DEAD”, he killed somebody it.
      This person does not go to be judged, the convict, female prisoner ?
      One year already nothing was transferred and.You and its brothers, had only made homage for Michael, but they do not go behind the trust on its ” DEATH “.
      If fose the opposite, if was you, Michael would go until the end in this history.
      Michael is its brother, fights for it.
      You said that ” Dr Murray killed Michael “.
      You go to be motionless, quiet ? Reason ? You do not love the Michael ? Of what you heve fear ?
      You are agood man, and must wasnt the truth, want justice.
      Or then Michael IS ALIVE, it is hidden (what it is a right of it ), for this reason, you does not make nothing so that “assassin” of Michael he is imprisioned, because he dit not have “DEATH” none.
      In the Youtube, has much people of some countries, saying this
      (that Michael Jackson IS ALIVE ).
      You and its family would have to show the truth you stop the fans the Michael Jackson.
      I ask for excuses for my English, that is not very good.
      Margarida Maria, of Brazil.