Words can’t express the enormous effect that this event has had upon me. In fact I’m actually working on a new project which will be released soon. InshaAllah, I hope they release the videos for public viewing.

Sh. Abdullah Hakim Quick from South Africa made a surprise appearance and he made the closing dua, but before he did, they had all the scholars and speakers come up on stage. I recorded it:

I also recorded the crowded bazaar area:

• 9 Responses for "Those who didn’t go to the United Against Malaria event, missed out big time!"

1. Nihal Khan September 8th, 2009 at 2:26 am

I missed out :'(

2. mom September 8th, 2009 at 11:13 am

How many people were there? I heard there were empty seats in the back.

3. MR September 8th, 2009 at 12:36 pm

@mom – There are 1,000+. All events have empty seats in the back.

4. Truth Speaker September 8th, 2009 at 6:37 pm

So was this celebrity event a big publicity stunt (and by extension a place for Muslims to gather and have a good time while people die of malaria in Africa) or do you think this was something serious?

5. Truth Speaker September 8th, 2009 at 6:40 pm

From the looks of it, it seems like the turn out was pretty low.

6. rebecca September 8th, 2009 at 6:45 pm

MR – Do you know the name of the guy who filled in for Imam Syed Naqvi?

7. Ismaeel September 8th, 2009 at 7:23 pm

“Sh. Abdullah Hakim Quick from South Africa made a surprise appearance and he made the closing dua…”

Wouldn’t it be nice if you said…

“Shaykh Abdullah Quick made a Quick, surprise appearance”

I think that would sound more poetic. (Some people think that’s pathetic. Feel free to yelp at me.) :)

But anyhow, congratulations. I am glad that all went well.

Salaam

8. MR September 8th, 2009 at 7:36 pm

@Truth Speaker – There were around 1,000+ people there. We raised $200,000+ for medicine and bed nets to help eradicate Malaria from Mali. This is the first of many projects to continue to help fight Malaria. What suggestions do you have to help eradicate Malaria? I can suggest it to Islamic Relief and United for Change, inshaAllah.

@rebecca – No I don’t know.

9. Truth Speaker September 9th, 2009 at 7:01 am