Kicking footballs is a threat to the national security of Israel.

A friendly game between an Arab soccer team and a Palestinian team was supposed to inaugurate the new stadium being built in the eastern part of Al-Bireh, near Ramallah, at the end of the year. “Supposed to” because the Civil Administration, an arm of the Defense Ministry, has ordered that the work be halted and is threatening demolition.

FIFA, the international soccer federation, financed the stadium as part of a larger program to promote Palestinian soccer. The stadium covers 11 dunams (2.75 acres) and will hold 8,000 seats. An Israeli contractor, in partnership with a Dutch company and a Palestinian subcontractor, constructed the field.

n October 2008, when the field was ready, FIFA president Joseph Blatter and Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Salam Fayyad laid the cornerstone for the stadium. The governments of France and Germany are paying for the construction of stands. The outer wall, the lighting and the scoreboard are being financed by the Al-Bireh municipality, which owns the land and within whose jurisdiction the stadium is located.

Source

• 15 Responses for "FIFA, France and Germany build Soccer stadium in Palestine, Israel wants to Demolish it"

1. Shame on you MR! November 21st, 2009 at 2:41 am

MR you silly person! Our religion threatens the very existence of Jews and Israel!!!! Israel has every right to suppress the very rights of the Palestinians simply because they are Muslims! The Ko-ran explicitly tells us to kill Jews and all infidels LOLZ! Didn’t you know that??? I am proud of Israel for standing up to this non-existing threat just like always!

2. Chris November 21st, 2009 at 5:58 am

Who is this nub? The Quran doesnt tell us to kill jews….
      Also M R Palestinians are Arabs….. Good thing that the israelies are showing their stupid side 😀

3. bilal November 21st, 2009 at 11:12 am

very soon death is coming to israel.
      death to isreal. death to jews.
      only truth will be last one standing and truth is that isreal is an illegal baby.

4. Ismaeel Malik November 21st, 2009 at 6:16 pm

Salaam

Well, I don’t know what to say. Maybe I shouldn’t say anything.

“Shame On You MR” has a writing style that feels familiar…could he possibly be…

Salaam

5. Shame on you MR...and reply to "Chris" November 21st, 2009 at 6:55 pm

I was being sarcastic buddy

6. Shame on you MR...and reply to "Ismaeel Malik" November 21st, 2009 at 6:56 pm

See above comment

7. Anonymous November 22nd, 2009 at 2:43 am

Brother, at my organization here in the Bay Area, lots of Muslims are using this computer to write comments on your website. Alot of them are inappropriate and I do not support this. It has no relevance whether or not I agree with your posts–their words are unacceptable. If I send you two IP addresses of these locations, will you please block them? I’m very embarassed. Please provide me an email.
      Shukran.
      Sidi Akbari

8. bilal November 22nd, 2009 at 3:55 am

seems muslims are also very hurt on commenting on reality of israel.

9. Reply to "Anonymous" November 22nd, 2009 at 5:00 am

MR, don’t listen to “Anonymous” it will be a sad day if you try to ban free speech, or whatever innapropriate comments. I also would like to know how “Anonymous” was able to obtain those IP addresses. Maybe if anonymous can’t take opinions that disagrees with a person, he/she can go back to kindergarten and learn how to have a conversation with somebody instead of blocking them off.

10. Ismaeel Malik November 22nd, 2009 at 9:36 pm

I smell a stinky fight? Anyone else smell something. Oh wait…that could be [your name here].

What would spice this up even more is if suyuufi would show up!

Salaam

11. Mozlem Blogger November 23rd, 2009 at 2:05 am

Can we get back to bashing Israel? That’s rather fun and never grows old.

At least until Sarah Palin decides to run for President. I don’t think I’ll ever run out of things to blog about when/if that happens.

Oh, the possibilities!

12. Shame on you MR! November 23rd, 2009 at 4:35 am

I can believe some people didn’t get my comment. Didn’t you guys see the last part of my comment “I’m proud of Israel for standing up to this NON-existing threat just like ALWAYS” jeez I always thought the people here would fight only over which madhab is right and whose wahabbi and who isn’t (did I just provoke more fighting?!) I thought I was pretty clear in my sarcastic comment. Sheesh, I even thought I’d get a few chuckles here and there >_<

13. Ismaeel Malik November 23rd, 2009 at 12:02 pm

People chuckle quietly. They bark loudly.

Welcome to MR’s blog, Fight-Provoker!

“…did I just provoke more fighting?”

Hope to see you comment more often. Fiery fights bring more hits. More hits for MR means more commenters…which means reading posts get less boring and more entertaining.

Salaam.

14. Shame on you MR! November 23rd, 2009 at 3:11 pm

Hahah “people chuckle quietly. They bark loudly” good one!

15. Atif C. December 9th, 2009 at 5:09 am

wow the sheer pettiness/dickery of this is astounding…I thought that the fact that Israelis are also huge football fans would somehow enable to them have a shred of sympathy if for just this one project, but I guess I was just being naive…this is surely a new low even for them.