Road to Hajj from Japan

InshaAllah one day I will visit Japan.
YouTube Preview Image

YouTube Preview Image

• 14 Responses for "Road to Hajj from Japan"

1. Brother November 26th, 2009 at 3:35 pm

SubhanAllah! Mashallah! This made me cry lol.

2. Ayet November 26th, 2009 at 6:43 pm

Thanks for this Amir! I read Al Jazeera daily, yet I seem to miss a lot of these good videos! Mashallah, I became very emotional. I wonder if there are any muslim programs for muslims from North America to travel to Asia (mainland China, Japan) and meet muslim communities and help to spread the word? I feel as though there are a lot of curious people who would really open up to Islam, especially from an “outsider”.
      Tears to my eyes man, and I dont cry easily.
      Salam.

3. Mohammed Khan November 26th, 2009 at 7:09 pm

Alhumdulilah I had the chance to visit Japan a couple of years ago but I didn’t get a change to see the Muslim communities there.

Insha’Allah next time…

4. Zookeeper November 26th, 2009 at 7:12 pm

Al Jazeerah did an excellent job covering Hajj this year. their road to hajj series all amazing…I especially enjoyed the Chinese Muslims.

5. Mohammed Khan November 26th, 2009 at 7:17 pm

MR the second part you posted is the Chinese version of the documentary.

This is the 2nd one:

6. Abdullah November 26th, 2009 at 10:56 pm

is there a part two to both of these videos? I am really interested.

7. The Caliphate November 27th, 2009 at 12:03 am

Japan has always been known as one of the most closed and traditional societies.

And freakiest.

If Islam can reach there, Islam can reach anywhere.

Next stop, Antartica! Inshallah.

8. Uncle Tom November 27th, 2009 at 1:18 am

i’m surprised that most muslims don’t know about Muslims living in the Far east.

Japan’s national map has a mosque listed on it as well as a heritage site.

9. Shuiyin November 27th, 2009 at 4:05 pm

Assalamualaikum. Eid Mubarak.

JazakumAllahu khayran for the post. Japan is a very interesting society, and there are a lot we can learn from the Japanese in terms of their work ethic, focus, commitment, devotion to quality and perfection etc (and of course, sushi, but that’s another story)

However, admittedly, it is difficult to practice in the current Japanese society (a department store’s changing room was what I had to resort to for prayers). When you understand the convoluted Japanese society, its mentality and philosophy, you will love parts of it, and hate parts of it.

May Allah make it easy for Muslims around the world, ameen.

10. Youthful Wisdom November 30th, 2009 at 11:43 am

This was amazing mashaaAllah! Thanks for posting!

11. burhan December 3rd, 2009 at 10:52 am

This isn’t very well documented, but several hundred Japanese came to Islam by way of Subud.

12. frozen lilly December 6th, 2009 at 12:48 pm

i just watched this on tv a few days ago it was really cool.
      they have stories for i think 5 families from 5 different countries. i watched one about a Chinese family too. it was really interesting.

13. farah December 18th, 2009 at 9:25 pm

I visited Japan last year and was blessed to have the opportunity to visit a mosque in Tokyo. It was built by Turkish ppl and the majority of congregants were from Turkey and the Indian subcontinent. I have never ever been to a Mosque sooo diverse. There were also ppl from South Africa, Malaysia, Tunisia, as well as Ethnic Japanese.

Def the best experience ever.

14. Sami Khan July 2nd, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Thanks But If Your are planning for umrah or hajj 2010? & facing problems while searching for right Hajj Umrah travel agent, NOW it is very easy, just Explore US
      Hajj

You can Browse our Hajj Umrah Packages compare it with different hajj Travel providers Packages. For more Further information you can check on http://www.chicagohajj.com.