Kareem Salaama – Generous Peace Music Video

YouTube Preview Image
I want to see this on MTV.

Arabic version:

YouTube Preview Image

• 14 Responses for "Kareem Salaama – Generous Peace Music Video"

1. Amatullah December 26th, 2009 at 1:44 am

Me too, it’s really good.

2. lil t December 26th, 2009 at 4:46 am

mash’Allah, so beautiful =)

3. Phil December 26th, 2009 at 12:53 pm

Man that was epic.

4. Halima December 26th, 2009 at 5:30 pm

WOOW, nice vid. I can’t tell you how many times that instance with the sister in the beginning happened to me and my sis . :P

Great vid. In the beginning I totally judged him, but nice vid.

5. Atif C. December 27th, 2009 at 2:45 am

Masha’Allah what a great message…reminds me of a short Indian film I saw the other day:

6. El Musafir December 27th, 2009 at 7:30 pm

I generally don’t listen to music, but masha’Allah, this is great!

7. Salwa December 27th, 2009 at 10:27 pm

OMGSH I LOVE it. I have to say its the best and deepest video I have seen in Muslim Music Video History. It conveys such a great message. And it really makes both the sister and brothers relate so much.

8. Omair December 28th, 2009 at 3:55 am

dear all, please avoid any sort of music… Our creator does not like this.

9. Modern Girl December 28th, 2009 at 3:54 pm

That was great! I think I’ll probably post it on my blog.

For anyone who is concerned about music and Islam, I suggest you read up on Yusaf Islam (formerly known as Cat Stevens) and his relationship with music. In my opinion, when music is made to promote love and to help humanity, God approves.

10. El Musafir December 28th, 2009 at 4:52 pm

@Modern Girl:

Well, as much as I respect Yusuf Islam, he is not a scholar of Islam and his opinion with regard to anything is invalid.

Furthermore, our opinions do not matter and we cannot just pretend like we understand the wisdom of God. The majority opinion of the scholars throughout the ages is that musical instruments are forbidden (not music itself) except the duff, and there is a minority opinion that these instruments are allowed in spiritual music, i.e. like the burdah or nasheeds (Kareem Salama doesn’t really fall into this category). Any other opinion would be from such a small minority of scholars that it is not valid to follow.

The end cannot always justify the means. Just because something promotes love and helps humanity does not mean it is permissible. One can steal money from the rich and give it to the poor and while giving money to the poor is commendable, stealing is haraam, meaning that this whole thing is haraam. So yes, Yusuf Islam’s music may bring certain good things, but is it permissible? Most scholars would say that when he uses his guitar, it is not.

I think it is a similar thing with Kareem Salama and other Muslim singers. Yes, they bridge our communities and create understanding, but are their means of doing so permissible? Most likely not and it’s not like they HAVE to play guitar or whatever – Talib Al Habib’s nasheeds are amazing (I had non-Muslim friends who started listening to him) and they only use what is permissible.

11. yo December 29th, 2009 at 12:37 am

here we go again

12. El Musafir December 29th, 2009 at 3:17 am

@yo: lol no worries, im not getting into an argument :)

13. maryam January 6th, 2010 at 1:55 am

mashaAllah nice video and message.
      just wish it came without the music :)

jazakAllah

14. Ellen Keim May 10th, 2010 at 7:51 am

“There’s a thin line between virtue and fear.” Some of us who feel that we are so virtuous are really afraid of doing anything that smacks of being wrong (i.e., not permissible). Allah did not make us to live in fear that our every step may be a misstep. If one’s intention is to promote peace and love and bridge the gap between Muslims and non-Muslims, then I believe that the use of a musical instrument may be forgiven.