May Allah reveal the truth and free all those innocent in prison. Ameen!
Updated: Videos of the short lectures below.
Looks like online campaigns are raising more funds than actual physical events.
Alhamdulillah, earlier today, SeekersGuidance and Islamic Relief were able to raise over $252,000 within the span of just two hours at the “Feed the Needy Online Fundraiser.” If you were unable to attend the event, pictures and videos will be uploaded to our blog, but please take a moment and make a donation to Islamic Relief for the noble cause of eliminating global hunger.
We would like to give special thanks to our wonderful scholars and speakers – Imam Zaid Shakir, Shaykh Abdullah Hakim Quick, Shaykh Muhammad Ninowy, Imam Tahir Anwar, Shaykh Faraz Rabbani, Preacher Moss, Hadia Mubarak, and Nura Sediqe. And also to Sidi Shahid Constantino (Tech), Sidi Khuram Zaman (Outreach), Sr. Nora Alfaham (Design), and Sidi Abu Bakr Batasi (Outreach), for their efforts in making this event a success. Special thanks also to Sr. Hafsa Hasan of Islamic Relief Canada, and Sidi Naeem Muhammad of Islamic Relief US for their reaching out to us and their help in making this possible.
This is really shocking. I went to Stony Brook University and I absolutely loved the community there. I had never experienced any type of bigotry or hate crime there. It’s really sad that these guys had to print the cartoon and spread it around campus. What would they accomplish by this? I hope and pray that Stony Brook campus police catch those involved.
Islamic Relief teams have already been deployed and will be assessing the needs of victims after multiple earthquakes rocked the Pacific Rim region over the past few days.
On September 29, an 8.3 magnitude quake struck Samoa, generating waves as high as 15ft in some areas and leaving at least 149 people dead and tens of thousands in need.
The Samoan Prime Minister told the BBC “the devastation caused was complete.”
The very next day, at least another 2,000 people were badly injured and another 528 killed after a pair of earthquakes, the first a 7.6 magnitude and the second a 6.2 magnitude, struck off the coast of Padang in Indonesia, according to Indonesian national news figures.
Some news stations are reporting casualties as high as 1,000 people.
There are reports of widespread destruction to buildings, roads and bridges; several subsequent landslides; and fires have been reported around Padang city, including one which caused severe damage to the local market.
Many victims are in desperate need of medical attention and humanitarian aid.
You can make a difference! Donate today to support Islamic Relief’s efforts.
Please donate here.
Buy tickets here!
Buy tickets here!
4th Annual MR Online Qur’an Reading Competition
Ramadan will start in a week, inshaAllah. Like the previous three Ramadans I held a contest to see who can read the Qur’an first. So I’m officially starting this contest which will begin on the 1st day of Ramadan 2009/1430 and end on the last day of Ramadan 2009/1430. Check out the standings for Ramadan 2008/1429, Ramadan 2007/1428 here and for Ramadan 2006/1427 here.
How do I join?
Simply comment with an anonymous name, nickname, your name, or whatever name you would like to go by. This name will be publicly desplayed a long with everyone else. If you have a website, blog or an organization you would like to represent or promote along with your name, just include that also.
Confused? Here is an example:
MR – mujahideenryder.net
(Note: Please enter a valid email address when you comment. Also make sure it is one that you check frequently.)
How does it work?
Very simple. You read the Qur’an. Keep track of the number of ayat (verses) you recite daily. Contact me and let me know how much you have done by emailing me, IMing me (if you have my screename) or calling me (if you have my number).
Who wins? And what’s the prize?
Everoyne wins, because everyone is rewarded with blessings from Allah! That is the prize. For Ramadan 2008 the prize was a free class from Seekers Gudiance. For Ramadan 2007 we had Phatwa Factory sponsor the contest and award the top winners with free t-shirts. For Ramadan 2006 there was a surprise donated gift to the winner. Only Allah knows what the prize will be this year.
- Anyone can join.
- You can use anonymous names or your real names.
- I will not reveal anyones real identity.
- Contest officially begins on the first day of Ramadan, whatever day that you start.
- No lying. If you lie, you got some serious issues with yourself.
- Recitation in prayer doesn’t count. You must actually read from the Qur’an during your free time when your not praying salah.
- You must read the Qur’an in Arabic only. (English doesn’t count towards the contest, but you should still read the English).
- You must calculate the number of ayat including Surah al-Fatiha which is 7 ayat.
- Only include the number of ayat you read from the front to the back. (Example: Do not include the number of ayat if you read Surah Yaseen every day or Surah Kahf every Friday. They do not count.)
- Holding the Qur’an in Taraweeh salah and following the Hafidh does not count.
- You must recite out loud or enough so that your lips are moving and your ears can hear. No silent reading or reading from you mind.
- I have the right to change the rules anytime I feel like to.
So join already! Here is a list of people who have joined already.
Asalaamu alaikum to all:
Please be advised that our dear brother, Imam and community builder and leader Dr. Abdullah Hakim Quick and his family have been visited by a major challenge and really need our help.
Yesterday, there was a fire that sweep through the home that they were staying in and it burned out the entire first floor of the house. The total damage is still being determined, however, the real problem is that they did not have house insurance to cover this type of tragedy and therefore they are facing massive financial difficulties to recover from this situation.
This is how you can help.
1. Please contact Brother Abdullah at 647-500-5683 or at Abdullah.quick4 at gmail dot com
2. Collect what funds (Zakat included) from your family, friends and associates and make arrangements to support this worthy cause
3. Please forward this massage to your list of contacts and friends and ask them to offer whatever support they can too as well
Once you email the above address, you will get information on how to donate. If everyone can spare $3 to $5, inshaAllah with great numbers it will add up inshaAllah.